Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #13

Which Daedric Prince would you most want to follow as a denizen of Tamriel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prince would you prefer to worship?

• Azura
    • Boethiah
    • Hermaeus Mora
    • Hircine
    • Malacath

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bethesda were afraid to make canon for Fallout 3 and that game barely even had choices besides occasionally acting like a saint or the devil. I really have a hard time seeing them make one for the most divisive storyline they’ve ever created. 

They must have some idea what they intend to do with the empire and Skyrim, but it seems to me the writing is pretty clear on the wall that the empire has had its day.

Also, @ that video- unbelievable what trash is rolling around... this guy gets to document it, he's doing god's work. I especially like the one pantleg rolled up and yellow high tops, nice touch there goober.

As I turned down my street today, I saw a guy standing outside his car, he reached in and got an empty soda bottle and tossed it across the street into the neighbor's yard. If I'd have been closer I'd have gotten out and told him what for. I know people do that to my yard all the time too. At first I thought it was the wind blowing trash on trash day... yeah right. This country produces a lot of sorry ass bitches with no respect for themselves or others.

• Like 1

Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption And Witcher 3. Those games were damn near perfect. Maybe the Last of Us as well.

Maybe if I played it when it came out I’d think differently but there’s no way in hell I’d give Morrowind a 10 lol. No Bethesda game gets a 10 from me tbh.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption And Witcher 3. Those games were damn near perfect. Maybe the Last of Us as well.

Maybe if I played it when it came out I’d think differently but there’s no way in hell I’d give Morrowind a 10 lol. No Bethesda game gets a 10 from me tbh.

It's mainly nostalgia, my little mind was broken by how great it was XD To me, at the time of release, it was the Elder Scrolls that needed the least amount of mods. 

I’m with Doc, FNV, Witcher 3, Red Dead, the Last of Us, and then I’ll add Super Mario 64 because of how formative playing it was. Not to mention how great a game it was as well.

FNV does have a lot of technical issues (I play it on PS3, so I definitely know them well) but honestly those don’t really factor in for me. I can look past that pretty easily, though I can see why others can’t 

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I’m with Doc, FNV, Witcher 3, Red Dead, the Last of Us, and then I’ll add Super Mario 64 because of how formative playing it was. Not to mention how great a game it was as well.

FNV does have a lot of technical issues (I play it on PS3, so I definitely know them well) but honestly those don’t really factor in for me. I can look past that pretty easily, though I can see why others can’t 

I once had my 130 hour save file corrupted for no reason :( Didn't play it again till PC, and by then, thank gods for mods.

• Like 1

For me, the good things about New Vegas are so good that they mitigate the technical issues that came at release, same with Red Dead which was at least as bad when it first came out. And the patches started rolling out quickly too, which went a long way.

It’s my favorite of the bunch.

As bad as Fallout New Vegas? Lol that’s hard to believe but I’ll take your word for it, I didn’t get Red Dead at launch. 

Didnt get fallout NV at release either though and a lot of its technical issues were still present. 

PC versions much better though.

Western games are always buggy XD

Eastern Ones tend to be a bit better, i've had very good technical experiences with Fromosft games for example, but then again, Fromsoft is different then most companies. Maybe it's just the perfectionist culture rearing it's head in the industry. 

I normally wouldn’t let that factor for me either but when I think of a ten I’m thinking of a ten in all aspects. Something I know I could recommend to damn near anyone and know they don’t have to look past anything, and that it’s truly an almost perfect game.

FNV is one of my personal favorites for sure but it still suffers from that damn oblivion engine. That and instead of the gross green overlay in F3 it was orange or brown, lol, not the best looking game in the world either.

Aside from that though, it’s one of the best RPGs out there hands down, with some of the best dialogue and characters too.

Bethesda could make so much money from a true remastered version where all they do to it is clean up the graphics and gun mechanics and leave everything else just as is. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Western games are always buggy XD

Eastern Ones tend to be a bit better, i've had very good technical experiences with Fromosft games for example, but then again, Fromsoft is different then most companies. Maybe it's just the perfectionist culture rearing it's head in the industry. 

I fell to my death through the floor when walking through a fog gate on dark souls 3 XD 

The only real glitch I had in From's games was when I fell through an elevator in Dark Souls 1, and that was just because of a mod, DS fix XD

Dark Souls and Demon are "flawed masterpieces", not quite 10ish, but still damn amazing (I would give them 1=9, 2=8.4, 3=9.4) Bloodborne on the other hand, is a 10 in my book. They polished everything they took from their previous games, added a bunch of mechanics that make the old ones even better, and it's wrapped up in a gothic horror package that makes it truly special. Best level design in gaming imo. The only thing that drags it down are the chalice dungeon. They should have scrapped them and used the resources for more areas.

Probably worse. RDR had a very buggy launch. Even after a lot of the worst issues got fixed, it still was full of (admittedly hilarious and usually mostly harmless) model swapping glitches for a long time.

New Vegas never gave me too much trouble. Even on Xbox. I mostly looked forward to patches because they usually through in gameplay improvements and tweaks as along with the fixes. I know this wasn’t the experience for everyone though.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I normally wouldn’t let that factor for me either but when I think of a ten I’m thinking of a ten in all aspects. Something I know I could recommend to damn near anyone and know they don’t have to look past anything, and that it’s truly an almost perfect game.

I don’t have any games like this. Even Witcher 3 has its little issues, and I know plenty of people who simply aren’t into that genre of game and wouldn’t like it. New Vegas isn’t the best game in all aspects, but I think that it is the best at the things it focuses most heavily on, which are the things I love it for.

I am tempted to also agree on Halo Reach because I honestly have a hard time thinking of any problems with that game. I just don’t know if it (or any FPS for that matter) brings enough to the table for me to put it above a 9. It’s basically perfect for what it is, but what it is isn’t on the same level for me as things like RDR, NV, etc. 

The nature of multiplayer games ultimately killed its longevity. But that honestly seems unfair to blame on the game itself. I’d still be playing it online if I could.

I could easily. The campaign was both innovative and fantastic, multiplayer had me playing for years, and if neither of those things interest you there’s always custom games and forge.

I honestly think that anyone that doesn’t want to try it simply doesn’t like FPS games, and that shouldn’t factor in the decision imo or else no game in existence deserves a 10/10.

• Like 1

That goes for Witcher as well.

As for New Vegas, Christ I had more crashes than I care to remember, especially in vats. Or worse, it just froze the camera while your character got his ass beat either in slow mo or real time while reloading those lever action rifles

Edit:

that glitch is still prevalent too

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I could easily. The campaign was both innovative and fantastic, multiplayer had me playing for years, and if neither of those things interest you there’s always custom games and forge.

Like I said, it was nearly perfect in all these aspects. The only problem is that, like most FPS games, basically half the fun stuff in it existed on a timer. You can still play the campaign or firefight, but the multiplayer is basically dead now. I will always be able to return to the other games I mentioned and play them like they’re new, but many of the best parts of Reach are basically just memories now. 

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for New Vegas, Christ I had more crashes than I care to remember, especially in vats. Or worse, it just froze the camera while your character got his ass beat either in slow mo or real time while reloading those lever action rifles

Yeah, and I didn’t. I had a few, but no more than in RDR or many other large games. But even if it had been much worse, the good parts still would’ve brought it up to the top for me. No doubt I can come up with more cons for NV than any other game on my list, but it also has the most and the strongest pros.

So you never once got locked up in vats mode using a brush gun?? I find that hard to believe tbh. That happened to me on both Xbox and pc to the point I had to git gud using it outside of vats, which ain’t the easiest thing in the world on that engine.

As for Halo Reach, no game withstands the test of time forever, and it was going strong in multiplayer for near half a decade. By FPS standards. 

To each their own of course but I can’t fault the game itself by the limitations of its genre. Bungie put in a ton of work into everything from its music and story to its design and innovation. Plus dat theater mode.

It deserves a 10/10 despite the multiplayer being near dead now. 

I said that I’ve had a few. But it was hardly prevalent despite the Medicine Stick being my favorite rifle. Maybe I’m lucky, but I am not here to speak for everyone else and I’m not sure why you think I’d lie about it.

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for Halo Reach, no game withstands the test of time forever, and it was going strong in multiplayer for near half a decade. By FPS standards. 

That’s not exactly proven to be true seeing as how I doubt there will ever be a day that I won’t be able to return to any of the other games that I’ve mentioned and still enjoy them in full. Hell, one of BT’s choices was Super Mario.

Don't get me wrong, it’s my favorite FPS there’s ever been and I am not at all discrediting the brilliant work Bungie put into it. But longevity is a factor to me, and whille it lasted longer than any thing else of its genre, it still suffers from it today. I’d give it a 10/10 in its hayday without a doubt.