Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I very much doubt that Russia would let Iran pull them into war with the US, especially when they instigated the attack

Plus, I’m sure Trump would negotiate with Putin to keep that from happening.

Considering we'd have a Great War style of alliances and pacts go off from such a conflict, I imagine relations will remain lukewarm with Russia in that event.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Considering we'd have a Great War style of alliances and pacts go off from such a conflict, I imagine relations will remain lukewarm with Russia in that event.

The truth is no one, even Russia wants to see a Great War. It’ll take something bigger nowadays with the threat of nuclear war to drag us into WW3.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Realistically all we'd have to do to cripple Iran is successfully occupy and hold Khuzestan. That's literally accounting for the vast majority of Iran's wealth considering it's the only part of the country that has large oil deposits. Plus it isn't mountainous to all FUCK like the rest of Iran.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Probably not, hopefully not. I certainly don't envy the thought of being drafted.

You’re not getting drafted even if we do go to war dude, things would have to be very bad for that. Even all out war with Iran wouldn’t spark that and that could potentially be more bloody than Iraq.

WW3. Maybe but this ain’t gonna be that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The twitter thing was in reference to a few months or so ago, like June, not specifically about the Baghdad Embassy apparently.

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then today he air striked their asses at an airport and took out two key figures, and that’s putting it mildly.

So we legit just bombed an Iranian airport? Like an airport filled with civilians?

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

So we legit just bombed an Iranian airport? Like an airport filled with civilians?

Possibly. They were in a convoy at the Baghdad international airport and the strike happened as soon as Qasem got off the plane.

7 dead.

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I have no issues with this Iranian general dying, fuck'em. I'm only unhappy about the thought of innocent civilians being caught in the blasts, if that were the case.

Shit happens, that’s war. Enough of ours died at his hands already. 606.

• Like 1

Well we're definitely in for an interesting time I suspect. Though I find it strange to attack an Iranian high up after he also ordered a retreat from the Turkish southern border. With that retreat the US sent the message they don't want to be in the middle east, plus it strongly alienated an otherwise staunch ally in the kurds. So going into the middle east to fight Iran would send mixed messages and you'd do so with one less ally. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Well we're definitely in for an interesting time I suspect. Though I find it strange to attack an Iranian high up after he also ordered a retreat from the Turkish southern border. With that retreat the US sent the message they don't want to be in the middle east, plus it strongly alienated an otherwise staunch ally in the kurds. So going into the middle east to fight Iran would send mixed messages and you'd do so with one less ally. 

Unfortunately it aint the first time people have backstabbed the Kurds. One of the few groups we can trust in the Middle East, and everyone treats them like shit. 

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

What’s strange about it, we lowered our military presence and Iran got brave, killed our citizens and threatened even more.

You didn’t really expect us to do nothing...

Maybe under Obama but those days are over.

Well it shows that there’s no real long term plan or consistent policy in place. You pull out of Syria in a way that weakens your position in the middle east, then have to react to Iran - a country openly anti-US that you’ve actively agitated the last few years - taking advantage of the situation. I don’t feel I need to point out the problem with this lack of forethought and planning. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

You do need to explain because we didn’t agitate shit, they did. And Trump has proven his commitment to lowering our presence and involvement in the Middle East. That we keep a presence at all is simply to secure our political interests, and protect our people still in the Middle East in a non military capacity. 

Iran showed the need for that as Qasem is responsible for 606 of our dead citizens. In fact I’m more amazed we didn’t give a response sooner.

All I know is if they want more, they can get more. If you’re really surprised that America would retaliate despite receding our presence in the Middle East, then you don’t know us too well.