Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I do recall once upon a time some talk of a Fallout MMO. Perhaps they’re just salvaging what’s left of that 

Not likely. Interplay was working on that a long time ago and didn’t have access to any of the assets Bethesda is using for this one. I reckon this is just their way of cashing in on the multiplayer market and getting another use out of the shitty mechanics they built for Fallout 4. 

11 minutes ago, Celan said:

So it's like some kind of Minecraft clone?

We don’t know what it is, yet. The leaker just said that it’s not a traditional singleplayer RPG and that the building mechanics from Fallout 4 will play a role. He compared it to survival games like Rust and Day Z.

Fallout hasn’t been a consistent type of RPG since 2, so I’m not too bothered by a spinoff changing the formula as long as it is true to the lore and tone. Fallout Tactics was great, for instance. But if the spinoff is all about building shit or online PvP bullcrap then I doubt I’ll buy it. The settlements were one of the biggest things that ruined Fallout 4 imo.

There was a leaker on Reddit a few hours before it was announced that revealed the name, and one on 4Chan a while back. Both said it was an online game using the building mechanics and compared it to survival games like Rust, etc. That’s about all we know, plus the fact it has some story elements. Here’s hoping there’s enough of that and interesting lore to make it worth playing. 

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

There was a leaker on Reddit a few hours before it was announced that revealed the name, and one on 4Chan a while back

I saw that. Crazy. And also kind of hilarious. Some anonymous person just nonchalantly described Fallout 76 by name and everyone ignored it because they didn’t say anything else. XD 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If I can be black again then maybe I’ll be less salty.

I bet you’ll get that, at least. Todd Howard specifically commented on how the voices protagonist was an experiment and that it didn’t go as well as they’d hoped. That backlash was too much for them to ignore.

But can you really resist making Baldur in every game you play? XD 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I bet you’ll get that, at least. Todd Howard specifically commented on how the voices protagonist was an experiment and that it didn’t go as well as they’d hoped. That backlash was too much for them to ignore.

But can you really resist making Baldur in every game you play? XD 

:rofl: I did in New Vegas. My courier goes hard lol.

And if we ever go to Hammerfell, Baldur’s ancestor is gonna have to take a backseat for my Killmonger lookalike.

I tried my hand at it on the remastered dark souls XD didn’t go too well though my black dude looked a helluva lot better than my “Baldur”. Christ, the character creation was bad.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: I did in New Vegas. My courier goes hard lol.

And if we ever go to Hammerfell, Baldur’s ancestor is gonna have to take a backseat for my Killmonger lookalike.

I tried my hand at it on the remastered dark souls XD didn’t go too well though my black dude looked a helluva lot better than my “Baldur”. Christ, the character creation was bad.

Unless you want to play a goblin

Meanwhile+in+dark+souls+_55bd3faeb68e110

Just wear a helmet ;)

• Haha 1

I just finished the Witcher, finally. Just the main quest, not the expansion. It really is an incredible game. I’m glad I finally got around to it. I definitely don’t want to stop playing now though. Even the Witcher contracts feel like better quests than most in Skyrim, and I still have the two DLCs as well. 

• Like 2