Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

Kingdom Come Deliverance nearly gave me a heart attack before, it was nighttime and I was running away from the ruined village/bandit and cuman base. I'm running away through the forest with a torch and I eventually stop hearing footsteps, I turn back while on a dirt road in the pitch black forest except for the large radius of my torch.

Out of the fucking bushes like fifty feet away a black armored bandit literally slides fifty miles per hour at me and attacks. Imagine this coming out of nowhere from the bushes.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

OWWW thats the movie with what Beth clearly based the Falmer on right? The ending was garbage but it was a decent movie.

I don’t remember the ending being garbage, saw both movies.

But yea that’s the one. Pretty dang good.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The leaker guy made a post on Reddit about 76. Not much news in it, but he does seem to have a more optimistic attitude towards the game than he initially gave off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/8nw1h2/hi_rfallout_just_want_to_clear_something_up_about/

Kinda appalled how people treated him. Don't shoot the messenger. The guy does good work.

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The leaker guy made a post on Reddit about 76. Not much news in it, but he does seem to have a more optimistic attitude towards the game than he initially gave off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/8nw1h2/hi_rfallout_just_want_to_clear_something_up_about/

Well, I did myself say that I wanted a multiplayer rpg, a good one...

It's just... like I said, Fallout was the very last series I wanted to see do this. Besides, Borderlands already feels like a fallout multiplayer game, lol.

At least it’s not fallout battle royale I guess

Also what sucks about this is that even with their side projects like TESO or hell even Fallout New Vegas, May praise and blessings follow thy sacred name, at least they got someone else to do those and they focused on their main titles.

But now we got confirmation that instead of switching to TES 6 they’ve now decided to focus on another fallout title themselves, and not even a main title, not that I expected, or wanted one this soon.

And if they really are just out of ideas for how to follow up Skyrim they need to hire some lore buffs for consulting or something for new ideas. It doesn’t have to get more and more grandiose every game, at least as far as the protagonist is concerned. I’m more than happy to pal around the chosen one rather than being the chosen one like with Martin Septim. Makes choosing who you are far more open. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But now we got confirmation that instead of switching to TES 6 they’ve now decided to focus on another fallout title themselves, and not even a main title, not that I expected, or wanted one this soon.

This game was reportedly co-developed by the Bethesda we know and their new branch in Austin, Texas, which didn’t even exist back in the days of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. The Austin studio has a full sized dev team itself, meaning they’ve got a hell of a lot more people working on these projects now than they used to. Enough to work on multiple games at once, which I believe was the case here. The core Bethesda team probably haven’t spent all this time working on something that’s not their traditional formula, and could’ve even been mostly hands-off with it like they were with New Vegas.

Hope that news helps somewhat.