Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I figured it would be an MMO. So again... meh.

I doubt it’s an MMO if they’re using the same engine as Fallout 4. It probably couldn’t handle that. Not that a settlement building tower defense game or whatever would be much better. 

So yeah. Meh. 

Not gonna lie, Country Roads gave me a hard on when it started playing. I’m not gonna pass judgement until we know more, because I don’t really trust those articles and I’ll wait for details to come out anyway. But damn, lol, even if WV isn’t the South, still cool as fuck that they are starting to push South with Fallout

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Fuuck everythiiiing. 

No. Because it's worse. Settlements confirmed

To this day, the only base building i've enjoyed was in MGSV, if only because I got to play as an African Warlord with Blood Diamonds and shit.

I was just about to say what Czar said. The premise of seeing a fallout game around when the bombs fell while not really that great was still kinda interesting. Had potential.

But now...

Even if it’s co-op I never really desired to play co op for fallout, not even borderlands style.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

No. Because it's worse. Settlements confirmed

To this day, the only base building i've enjoyed was in MGSV, if only because I got to play as an African Warlord with Blood Diamonds and shit.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

fuvking FUCKING FUCKING FUCK FUCK GICK FIVK FIVK FUCK FUCKKK

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yo, I’m going to Maryland to kick Todd in the dick, anyone need a pick up? Pack your steel toed boots.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is Missouri too much of a detour? If not I’ll gladly meet up with you on the way.

Is Hawaii too much of a detour?

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

31 minutes ago, Centurion said:

because I don’t really trust those articles

Normally, I don’t either, but this guy has been right about everything he’s said so far. And he’s said a lot.

He basically leaked the entire plot of Fallout 4 before the game was even announced, and nobody believed him because things like the voices protagonist, being frozen for two hundred years, and having a family seemed so out of place. Bethesda blacklisted Kotaku for it.

Yesterday he was confidently telling us that it was going to be a full game when everyone else thought it would be a remaster. 

Now, he’s saying it’ll be an online game and not a traditional RPG. Not speculating  just straight up saying that this is what it is. I’m not seeing much reason to doubt him at this point. He wouldn’t make statements like these if he didn’t have a credible source. Otherwise he’d be out of a job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Normally, I don’t either, but this guy has been right about everything he’s said so far. And he’s said a lot.

He basically leaked the entire plot of Fallout 4 before the game was even announced, and nobody believed him because things like the voices protagonist, being frozen for two hundred years, and having a family seemed so out of place. Bethesda blacklisted Kotaku for it.

Yesterday he was confidently telling us that it was going to be a full game when everyone else thought it would be a remaster. 

Now, he’s saying it’ll be an online game and not a traditional RPG. Not speculating  just straight up saying that this is what it is. I’m not seeing much reason to doubt him at this point. He wouldn’t make statements like these if he didn’t have a credible source. Otherwise he’d be out of a job. 

To be fair, the leak was a really eaqrly draft of the script. Some parts of it's turned out true, some parts didn't.

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Maybe it's because I played with a lego as a kid but I think building could be fun. I think I even said once that the mechanic would be better suited for a spinoff game. So I'll still reserve my judgement. 

I loved me some Legos as a kid. But that settlement building nonsense is not Fallout. Especially if it ends up being some kind of stupid first person game of tower defense.

And I’m like Colonel in that it is one of the last games I would want online play in. 

• Like 2