Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Don't stay up that late XD

Trust me don’t plan on it considering the fact that I didn’t sleep last night. That’s usually when I wake up anyways

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

Don’t know if y’all remember this personality quiz from ages ago, which I think Witch posted, but recently I’ve been taking it as my roleplay characters. For the newer ones especially it’s a fun way to get a better grasp on who they are. I’ve found the strengths and weaknesses section of the results especially helpful, even if all of the points don’t specifically apply to how I envision the character. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Don’t know if y’all remember this personality quiz from ages ago, which I think Witch posted, but recently I’ve been taking it as my roleplay characters. For the newer ones especially it’s a fun way to get a better grasp on who they are. I’ve found the strengths and weaknesses section of the results especially helpful, even if all of the points don’t specifically apply to how I envision the character. 

What did your characters get?

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well that was pretty meh. Vault 76 was a control vault near D.C. iirc. Fallout 3 mentioned it. I hope if it’s an expansion or new game, it’s more than just a damn vault.

It was a damn teaser! Damn you Todd! 

Apparently it's in West Virginia. That could be cool

What’s more is that the balloons and shit indicate it takes place when the vault first opened, which should’ve been only a few decades after the war. 

Now that I think about it, that could make for an interesting spinoff. Fallout has never gone back in time before. Still, I kinda wish it wasn’t yet another story revolving around a vault. 

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Have you found any hidden things with your Fallout fan super powers XD

Just what I said before. V76 was mentioned in the Citadel logs in Fallout 3, and it’s a control vault so it had no experiment. The last control vaults we’ve seen were V8 and V3. V8 became Vault City, which is a powerhouse of a community in the NCR. 3 got destroyed by Fiends.

The balloons, Reclamation Day banner, and tv lines suggest this game takes place around the time they start leaving the vault, so it could be the earliest Fallout chronologically by far. 

Best thing so far: the protagonist hasn’t spoken!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Apparently the guy at Kotaku is hearing that it’s an online game of some kind

Damnit. Unless online means co-op, fuck that.

I was actually starting to get excited by the fact that this would likely be a Fallout game with no super mutants, BoS, Enclave, or synths. 

8 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What did your characters get?

Morane got ISTP, Virtuoso. It’s not a perfect fit but the weaknesses of insensitivity, stubbornness, easily bored, and being private and reserved are her to a T. Learning and exploring fit her well too. She’s the only main character I’ve taken it with, the rest are side characters I don’t want to reveal at the moment. I’ve found it most useful for fleshing out in my mind the minor characters, and helping me make them 3 dimensional. 

8 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

:rofl:

I was taking the test with the mindset of an Elder Scrolls to character and it asked about emails. Welp.

Lol yeah, you’ve got to look at the heart of the questions more than it’s specific phrasing. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Damnit. Unless online means co-op, fuck that.

I was actually starting to get excited by the fact that this would likely be a Fallout game with no super mutants, BoS, Enclave, or synths. 

You want my totally unfounded, optimistic guess? It’s online because it’ll be like Borderlands, a co-op shooter. Or it’ll be some stupid mission hub multiplayer game. Who knows. 

Though I am excited to see what they do with a game set 25 years after the bombs. 

• Like 1

Oooh, you really want to hate this game? What if it’s like Fortnite. Not the multiplayer part, but the Survive the Storm zombie horde mode, wherein you build bases and such to fend of waves of attackers. We’ve already got the building mechanics in there, and that would make the game 4 player co-op. 

Edit: Even worse, it’ll be free to play, which micro transactions galore.

Edited by BTCollins
  • Haha 1