Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #7

Pick a diety  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which god would you follow?

• The god of knowledge, magic, schemes and change.
    • The god of pleasure, excess, beauty and all things perverted.
    • The god of war, rage, violence and murder.
    • The god of decay, disease and stagnation.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Best modern Bioware game

They didnt set the bar too high lol.

I liked the story. And surprisingly the characters, because they didn't seem like much at first. Hell I even came around to eventually liking Sera a bit, and I kicked her ass out the first few times... That bitch is crazy, and not in a good way.

In that aspect it's even my favorite. 

But overall? The games bogged down by too much unnecessary fucking walking and fetch quests.. It's like good sweet tea until someone decided to add a bunch of water for no reason.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Had to get that last achievement, though. XD 

Plus, the badass Revelations DLC extended the ending. 

Word of God weapons mod turns it into a flaming sword from his mouth. Best weapon mod dlc ever, Fallout 4 step yo game up.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I still remember when Beth said we could sabotage the local economy, and bring the market prices crashing in Riverwood. That's real evil right there

Damn Todd.

Bethesda do this thing where they name off a bunch of awesome features for every new game, then cut them last minute because of stability issues and bugs, then add them in the next game 4 to 40 years later. We'll probably be able to disrupt economies in TES 6.

lol I remember the early footage of Oblivion had the world graphics looking almost as good as Skyrim's, with perfect shadows and muh volumetric lighting and whatnot. I still don't know what volumetric lighting is, but they brag about it with every game they release. XD 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bethesda do this thing where they name off a bunch of awesome features for every new game, then cut them last minute because of stability issues and bugs, then add them in the next game 4 to 40 years later. We'll probably be able to disrupt economies in TES 6.

lol I remember the early footage of Oblivion had the world graphics looking almost as good as Skyrim's, with perfect shadows and muh volumetric lighting and whatnot. I still don't know what volumetric lighting is, but they brag about it with every game they release. XD 

Its basically what the lighting mods (or Witcher 3 out the box) does. Light beams through windows or through trees, etc.

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve never been into Mass Effect, and even I’ve gotta say that Andromeda takes it.

Its an old series but I genuinely think you'd like it, especially Mass Effect 2. I really enjoyed 3 as well actually.

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Goblin Tim vs Every single op character.

He already lost to an extremely non-OP character sooo...

Draw? :P 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Its an old series but I genuinely think you'd like it, especially Mass Effect 2. I really enjoyed 3 as well actually.

I gave the first game a try, and it did seem like a decent RPG. But after a good number of hours, I still just didn’t feel enthused about any of the characters or factions. The world was well-built and the lore was very dense, but I just couldn’t get attatched to any of it. Whereas the very first chapter of Dragon Age Origins had me sucked in.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That's a shame, ah well. Don't gotta like everything.

I’ll probably give it another shot some day. Maybe in ten or so years when all new games are heavily commercialized and too filled with microtransaction pop-ups for me too see the playable part. I’ll be glad that I skipped over some good ones then, so I can go back to them and have it feel new. :lol: 

I swear that krogan scene must have been a joke. Those two are like something Wrex shat out.

Inquisition wasn't terrible, but it came out the same year Witcher 3 did. That just says it all. Still, after reading about the Frostbite engine, it's a miracle that it came out at all. EA is its own worst enemy.

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know who else has a seven but comes with a special ability? XD 

I do. Prefer the Dun Banner field healer, who can be pulled off with a decoy and re-deployed. 

Yennefer will heal you, but only if she feels like it and you flatter her vanity.