Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #7

Pick a diety  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which god would you follow?

• The god of knowledge, magic, schemes and change.
    • The god of pleasure, excess, beauty and all things perverted.
    • The god of war, rage, violence and murder.
    • The god of decay, disease and stagnation.

58 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Im at the firekeeper or whatever her name was, got 5066 souls and as a knight. What should I go for?

I'd say go for a simple strength build for now since it's your first playthrough. Not that many really good options until you get further in the game but it's a solid class and you can do well against bosses and invaders with it just fine.

The quality build, focusing on dexterity and strength is my new personal favorite because of variety. If you do that, maybe start focusing on dexterity first, you get a sweet sword pretty early on that Doc showed me called Hollowslayer.

For now though I'd say focus on your health. Vigor. That's the most important thing right now. Get that to 1000 health quick, then start stacking either dexterity or strength, and eventually get stamina to at least thirty. imo

Especially if you're gonna be using greatswords and stuff, but 30 stamina is a respectable and necessary amount for any knight if you ask me.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

And as for vigor, I'd say don't bother with that right now, or at all besides maybe two or three points just to wear whatever gear you got your heart set on. For now, just use whatever armor you can within the weight limit so you aint fat rolling.

In fact, don't even bother with Fashion Souls and vigor until you get Havel's Ring, and Ring of Favor.

edit

I mean VITALITY XD My bad. Vitality effects your weight limit.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Thanks for the advice! Haven't figured out which weapon I like yet, given Ive only tried the starting longsword in one and two handed I think its too early to judge ;)

I hope there are poleaxes in the game.

Negative, there's Halberds though.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So go for health first, around 1000 start spending points in stamina?

Mix it up a bit. Health is the most important, but if you feel like you’re not doing enough damage, take a break from leveling it and invest some in strength or dex depending on your weapon choice. Same goes for stamina. Don’t prioritize on it over health or your damage stat(s) unless you find yourself lacking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm thinking about turning my Ashen Estus into the healing one, advice?

Do it. Unless you start using magic, which I wouldn’t recommend at this stage for a Knight, there is almost no reason to carry an ashen flask. You’ll find more “estus shards” throughout the game. Convert them all to healing estus. 

You can always switch them back if you decide to change up your playstyle. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do it. Unless you start using magic, which I wouldn’t recommend at this stage for a Knight, there is almost no reason to carry an ashen flask. You’ll find more flasks throughout the game. Convert them all to healing estus. 

You can always switch them back if you decide to change up your playstyle. 

Did I miss any before getting to the shrine? I haven't fought that lizard thing yet, did I miss it?

The fact that magic users have to divide ashen estus and regular estus alone makes them inferior invaders as well. Majority of the top dogs only use builds that are augmented with magical weapons at most but arent reliant on that. So even if you decide to go the faith dex route for instance, faith being for stuff enchanted with lightning for instance or chaos fire weapons, you still wouldn't bother with it.

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t remember. I never mess with the character creation that much in Dark Souls games since 99% of the time I’m wearing a helmet. Probably just the default guy but with a beard. Always give them a beard. 

Ooh they better add that on remastered!!