Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #7

Pick a diety  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which god would you follow?

• The god of knowledge, magic, schemes and change.
    • The god of pleasure, excess, beauty and all things perverted.
    • The god of war, rage, violence and murder.
    • The god of decay, disease and stagnation.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe it's just because I only played through the game one time, but I loved the Fade stuff as a mage. Basically anything that was tied to magic was great in that game.

I loved it the first time. It becomes really really annoying in repeated playthroughs.

He still got a million views on that one. 

Others were two and three mill but it doesn’t scale right. I’d assume it was the politics, that’s what initially thought as well, especially when he said he’s not being paid by YouTube. But I did see a good bit of people whining about “fluff”, like the advertising and joking around.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

50 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe it's just because I only played through the game one time, but I loved the Fade stuff as a mage. Basically anything that was tied to magic was great in that game.

Agreed, I’ve played Origins I don’t know how many times and I don’t find it nearly as tedious as Orzammar.... that shit puts me to sleep. The Deep Roads specifically.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He still got a million views on that one. 

Others were two and three mill but it doesn’t scale right. I’d assume it was the politics, that’s what initially thought as well, especially when he said he’s not being paid by YouTube. But I did see a good bit of people whining about “fluff”, like the advertising and joking around.

What's funny is that he's been joking around forever too. He's just gotten better at it. XD I like that part, myself. It sets his videos apart from 99% of the other gun people who just dryly rattle off facts to a camera and show off the guns. He brings a lot of life into his videos, imo. Hell, I even like watching him advertise stuff. That's a rare thing.

• Like 1

Once you've replayed half a dozen times, it's a relief to be able to skip it. The Deep Roads needed more side story. I always tried to split it up into parts. Went early and got Oghren, did a couple rooms, then came back in later game.

31 minutes ago, Celan said:

Once you've replayed half a dozen times, it's a relief to be able to skip it. The Deep Roads needed more side story. I always tried to split it up into parts. Went early and got Oghren, did a couple rooms, then came back in later game.

I can understand this. I downloaded a mod to skip that dumb VR section of Far Harbor.

Then I never replayed it because I didn't like Fallout 4 enough to get that far on another character. XD 

That reminds me how I actually liked the VR thing XD But I wouldn't want to do it again, and agree it was really dumb to have to do such a gimmicky out of place thing in the middle of what was otherwise a decent experience, for Fallout 4.

That whole game was tedious. Inquisition that is.

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can understand this. I downloaded a mod to skip that dumb VR section of Far Harbor.

Then I never replayed it because I didn't like Fallout 4 enough to get that far on another character. XD 

I used console commands on that thing. Heh.

Decided not to reload- glad I didn't, I forgot the Triss card was only 7 and not 10. Those assholes Letho, Roche and Iorveth get 10's while Triss only gets 7 and no special abilities? So sexist. Anyway, I got Cirilla now, and Thaler which is probably my favorite card of all, and Villentretenmerth which always wreaks ruin on the Monster and Scoia'tael opponents.

Oh, and I love the little stuff in this game. Like Zoltan and Geralt arguing about whether he can teach his owl to talk like a parrot. XD

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That whole game was tedious. Inquisition that is.

True dat. 

"Hey Inquisitor. You're the leader of a great army and the only hope the world has against an impending demon invasion, right?"

"That's right."

"Perfect. Can you go out and find me twenty blankets for these cold goats?"

¬¬

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

True dat. 

"Hey Inquisitor. You're the leader of a great army and the only hope the world has against an impending demon invasion, right?"

"That's right."

"Perfect. Can you go out and find me twenty blankets for these cold goats?"

¬¬

XD To be fair you werent the inquisitor yet when you got shit like that, but you were still "The Herald of Andraste". You'd think they'd get run of the mill soldiers for dumb shit like that, but apparently fantasy Jesus is also the equivalent of the one who fetches the mead.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD To be fair you werent the inquisitor yet when you got shit like that, but you were still "The Herald of Andraste". You'd think they'd get run of the mill soldiers for dumb shit like that, but apparently fantasy Jesus is also the equivalent of the one who fetches the mead.

Well, real Jesus would totally do something like fetch someone blankets for goats. Or turn like rags into blankets for goats. He’d be the guy doing all sorts of radiant quests to help people lol. So maybe you really were supposed to be fantasy Jesus, complete with all the fetching and helping

Edited by BTCollins
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Even besides the Herald of Andraste stuff, you're still part of this faction of demon killers who clearly have more important shit to do. lol The opening scene of the game has Cassandra interrogating you in a cell, ready to cut you down on the spot. That's not the kind of group you go to looking for a nirnroot collector. XD 

Just now, BTCollins said:

Well, real Jesus would totally do something like fetch someone blankets for goats. Or turn like rags into blankets for goats. He’d be the guy doing all sorts of radiant quests to help people lol

:rofl: True. Real Jesus' main quest was a little less rushed, so he was all too happy to spend his time doing the side ones and stacking up good karma.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Well, real Jesus would totally do something like fetch someone blankets for goats. Or turn like rags into blankets for goats. He’d be the guy doing all sorts of radiant quests to help people lol

If H of A Jesus could turn objects into random shit for radiant quests like he did with wine for his mom's party, I'd have liked the game much more XD Thats a mod I'd get.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: True. Real Jesus' main quest was a little less rushed, so he was all too happy to spend his time doing the side ones and stacking up good karma.

So the reason he actually helped people was because he knew how his main quest ended and didn't fancy it too much.

Kinda like Fallout 3  XD 

• Haha 1

A game needs to fully commit to that. You want the Dragonborn to chop some wood? Well here, he just shouted down a forest for you. What the HofA to get you some blankets? Well guess what, these rags got turned into blankets. Now let them deal with the real world ending shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1