The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think everyone has double standards here. We're all engaging in a little hypocrisy

Balrog, I love you buddy. But fuck that. I’ve been pretty consistent in my belief that both acts are bad, and I think Colonel has too. The defense of the Orc treatment is in character, not our own personal beliefs. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's different then what House did to the Kings.

I never made that comparison in the first place and I'm so over it.

@The Good Doctor Well I indeed am going on bias there, because to me they seem pretty pathetic.

Anyway here is the dialogue.

@ColonelKillaBee You can show some respect regardless of disagreement. I already agreed to go along with whatever you wanted with the orcs.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Balrog, I love you buddy. But fuck that. I’ve been pretty consistent in my belief that both acts are bad, and I think Colonel has too. The defense of the Orc treatment is in character, not our own personal beliefs. 

Kinda confused, because this debate is like 15 pages long, but if that's the case, then I apologise. 

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Well I indeed am going on bias there, because to me they seem pretty pathetic.

Anyway here is the dialogue.

I’ve seen it.

I also think that they only appear pathetic because they’re being viewed in relation to other BoS chapters we’ve seen, who are typically regional powerhouses. This is the first time we’ve seen them depicted on the losing side.

Personally, I think that any faction who numbers in the dozens (or possibly more, lore-wise) and are all equipped with power armor and big energy weapons, whose every man is worth twenty regular soldiers, are worth being taken seriously. Even if you think they are pathetic, they are still a serious threat. Sure, they won’t be conquering Vegas, but they could do a lot of damage and could be a lot harder to take out once the NCR is gone and they have the freedom to mobilize again.

Just saying, if House is sold on killing the Kings for sharing food with “enemies”, then I don’t think he’s gonna overlook a hyper zealous faction of tech raiders whose MO is to keep outsiders like him from controlling the very sort of technology that he relies on.

I’m 100% with House on this one. Veronica’s quest even confirms that they have accepted that they will die for their beliefs. Their own members can’t reason with them. 

I don't disagree with him, either, except that in comparison to the Legion and NCR, they're small potatoes. You've got other mirelurks to fry and asking you to take them on singlehandedly is a dangerous distraction.

• Like 1

@Celan I haven’t been disrespectful. At least not when it comes to me pointing out your stance seems biased.

If there’s anything I could’ve been nicer on it’s when I said your “only results matter” comments seemed lazy. That, Ill apologize for, but it’s hardly any harsher than what you and I or anyone here has said in a heated debate.

I didn’t mean for any of this to get personal, I really didn’t. But I don’t think I should have to apologize for saying something that seems true. Bias is very real in debates, I am guilty for it too, but, with all due respect I think yours in this debate is more blatant, enough that I felt it warranted mentioning.

Again, I didn’t mean for anything to get heated but I simply called things as I saw it, and don’t feel I was disrespectful overall.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

I don't disagree with him, either, except that in comparison to the Legion and NCR, they're small potatoes. You've got other mirelurks to fry and asking you to take them on singlehandedly is a dangerous distraction.

I agree that they’re smaller potatoes. But the point of taking them out before the NCR and Legion is that the vacuum those factions leave behind will make the BoS much more of a threat than they currently are. It’s a dangerous task, certainly, but it will be even more so if taken on later. Better to finish them while they’re down than wait for them to get back up.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@Celan I haven’t been disrespectful. At least not when it comes to me pointing out your stance seems biased.

You insist it's personal bias with no other rationale and go on for several posts asserting that it is, when I've laid out my reasoning over multiple pages. Say what you will, but if I had done that to you, you'd be pissed.

Now granted, I did say earlier that I found the Yes Man ending to be a standard power fantasy etc., but when you and Doc responded that it wasn't so for you, I said nothing more about it.

14 minutes ago, Celan said:

Now granted, I did say earlier that I found the Yes Man ending to be a standard power fantasy etc., but when you and Doc responded that it wasn't so for you, I said nothing more about it.

Just a little clarification on the power fantasy thing from my own perspective. I won’t pretend that I don’t find the Wild Card ending to be immensely cool and satisfying on a base level. Which is why I like to fawn over Indy Courier quotes. But as you know, my support for it comes entirely from my values, not how satisfying it is. 

I bet you could get a similar sentiment from Centurion and the NCR. The Rangers and the soldier culture probably tickle his fancy quite well. How can anybody think those Veterans aren’t insanely badass? XD But he supports the faction for more legitimate and thought-out reasons than that. 

• Thanks 1

A laissez faire technocrat hits my personal biases the right way, in this case. Of course people have preferences that can be both personal and reasoned. Mostly I think we reason post hoc, and I don't deny that I do that.

I do find it odd that it would be assumed that in Baldur vs. the orcs, I would side with orcs simply because I like the race. Because... I don't like Baldur... or something? I mean, my character did marry him. XD My rationale was from a Nord perspective too, just not the one you guys seem to share. And I argue it vigorously because I have a stake in it, especially with Mazoga/ Rebec.

Moreover I think when someone denies that their perspective is all personal bias, one shouldn't just go on and insist that it is. Even out of simple politeness. Enough said on that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I bet you could get a similar sentiment from Centurion and the NCR. The Rangers and the soldier culture probably tickle his fancy quite well. How can anybody think those Veterans aren’t insanely badass? XD But he supports the faction for more legitimate and thought-out reasons than that. 

Doc hit the nail on the head with the soldier culture and the Rangers. As for my thought out reasons, yes I support them because they are a government that I am familiar with. Sure the Republic system isn’t perfect, in our world or in New Vegas, but it is the best one out there, to me. I will acknowledge the fact that the NCR is dealing with some shit, like the Brahmin Barron’s and an over zealous imperialist president, but I still stand by them because I think they are the best option for the wastland (atleast the West Coast, because we all know who my boys really are)

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I still stand by them because I think they are the best option for the wastland (atleast the West Coast, because we all know who my boys really are)

I do agree here. At least for much of the wasteland. The Mojave is one of the exceptions because I don’t think they get as much out of the deal as, say, the Boneyard or Baja. Or most of California for that matter. The NCR have many flaws, some of which could even end up being fatal, but I want them to succeed as a nation.

29 minutes ago, Celan said:

I do find it odd that it would be assumed that in Baldur vs. the orcs, I would side with orcs simply because I like the race. Because... I don't like Baldur... or something? I mean, my character did marry him. XD My rationale was from a Nord perspective too, just not the one you guys seem to share. And I argue it vigorously because I have a stake in it, especially with Mazoga/ Rebec.

Moreover I think when someone denies that their perspective is all personal bias, one shouldn't just go on and insist that it is. Even out of simple politeness. Enough said on that.

You said that Mazoga had no personal stake when I asked, and said as a city orc she’d be fine with pushing out stubborn Orcs that didn’t agree to their terms.

So I don’t see why either of them would much care unless you aim to change that.

So from my perspective it seemed odd you’d be so insistent on this being something your main character mainly would much care about...

especially when it’s for Skyrim’s sake as a whole, their children’s sake and Rebec told Baldur on multiple occasions, do what he thinks is necessary so they can go back home.

Now I’m fine with letting them hash things out in the ic, said as much.

It just seems very odd to me where you stand on it whilst standing with House on a somewhat similar issue except his is far more extreme.

Me stating you have bias ain’t any different from what I’ve said to others here when I thought they were biased.

Said as much to Centurion involving the NCR, said as much to Balrog with Romans.

56 minutes ago, Celan said:

You insist it's personal bias with no other rationale and go on for several posts asserting that it is, when I've laid out my reasoning over multiple pages. Say what you will, but if I had done that to you, you'd be pissed.

Sorry to say it again but I simply found your rationale for hand waving the kings murder pretty weak. That only results matter.

If that’s the case shouldn’t it be the same for how Baldur goes about winning this war?

You stayed your reasons yes. That they’re skilled labor and the like.

And I said skyrim has skilled labor, and that’s true. There’s no reason to believe committing the resources of their military, one that is merely sitting on their thumbs gThering strength, to claim practically untouched sources of ore aka money is not worth it.

I won’t lie, it does make me a bit frustrated. I wasn’t frustrated before, but now after looking at this debate and how adamant you were opposing this plan vs how adamantly you defended House’s actions, I am. It makes no sense as I see it.

But like I said before, I am fine letting it go to IC.

My only reason for pointing it out before was because Centurion pointed out how strange the flip flopping was and I too noticed the contradiction.