The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Competition that they suspected had an unfair advantage. Nothing more.

And better yet, the King was right. Dude was scamming people.

Though it also ends with the King telling you that they will have some people drag him into an alley. Do we ever see him agaim? All I’m saying is that Kings aren’t anywhere near the Followers. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Celan said:

But you're assuming the Courier can introduce technological marvels and whatever else.  Mmkay.

Based off of an end game slide.

But how is that relevant exactly unless you’re gonna argue they’ll pull a skeleton key out their ass? Now that would be presumptuous 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

He does have a reason,  you just don't agree with it. Neither do I but I don't consider their choice to fight him a reason to put the whole city at risk. 

That's where you're wrong about House @The Good Doctor. IMO.

I never said he doesn’t have a reason. I made it very clear that I think he does, and that I strongly disagree with it because it’s either petty or based on misinformation. And I think that his willingness to murder innocents in either of these cases justifies my opinions of the man. 

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I was just saying such hard stances on two situations that are very similar is kind of comical. I see where the benefits come from the displacement of the orcs, but not the slaughter of the Kings.

”He sees them as a threat” a threat to what? His army of ultra murder robots? Fuck no don’t give me that.

”They made peace which the NCR so they were laying with an invader” House invites them there, sets up an embassy, signs a treaty with them barring them from keeping their citizens away. And uses there military as a buffer between him and the Legion. Then when he wins he kicks them out and gives 5% power, afterwards he views those who adapted to his policy are labeled enemies and killed. Fuck that.

And as I said,  that's an alliance he can manage. Already covered. 

Using army resources to displace skilled laborers instead of using them is strategically bad. My stance is not entirely moral or sentimental. 

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though it also ends with the King telling you that they will have some people drag him into an alley. Do we ever see him agaim? All I’m saying is that Kings aren’t anywhere near the Followers. 

No one is suggesting they are. It’s hardly a reason to distrust them and wipe them out.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Using army resources to displace skilled laborers instead of using them is strategically bad. My stance is not entirely moral or sentimental. 

No it is not, not when the gain is far greater in doing so and when skilled labor isn’t needed as much as what they’re laying on top of.

Youre defending something that is far more heinous and serves no purpose and condemning something that actually has a gain. And it’s silly.

You only call it strategically bad because you like the Orcs. Everyone here can see it’s anything but.

I don’t care about the Kings at all, but they prove that House isn’t this love and let live dictator which is what this started with. They are literally no threat to Vegas. All they do is regulate Freeside and hand out NCR food to people. Some big threat they are. House is either 1. A moron if he thinks they would somehow facilitate an NCR Army taking Vegas or 2. Playing the  Dick Cheney of “oh it’s because they are a threat to our #FREEDOM, totally not about oil fields” 

Fuck:dntknw:

Not to mention, yet again, all the Orcs aren’t even leaving. What’s strategically bad is leaving resources almost untapped to outsiders in rp because someone is a fan of them oocly, to be nice to them when you have no reason to and cut yourself out of a larger deal with a war coming after your kingdom has taken financial losses. 

That, is strategically bad. They need money and ores, they don’t need the Orcs.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because the game literally states that this is a possibility, and we have two entire DLCs dedicated to spelling out to us how effective those marvels could be.

Fine. The same advantages are available in the House ending and can be put into play to oppose him if necessity arises.

• Like 1

Just now, Celan said:

Fine. The same advantages are available in the House ending and can be put into play to oppose him if necessity arises.

Like I said, unless you’re assuming we make a skeleton key this isn’t even remotely relevant

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No one is suggesting they are. It’s hardly a reason to distrust them and wipe them out.

I’m just taking a slight issue with Doc calling them very altruistic. They may be nice, but they’re still a gang that looks to its own interests.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

While not the Followers, I would still argue that they are altruistic. Their purpose is to protect Freeside and make it better for everyone. And too look cool while they’re doing it. XD 

• Haha 1

I don’t care about the Kings at all, but they prove that House isn’t this love and let live dictator which is what this started with. They are literally no threat to Vegas. All they do is regulate Freeside and hand out NCR food to people. Some big threat they are. House is either 1. A moron if he thinks they would somehow facilitate an NCR Army taking Vegas or 2. Playing the  Dick Cheney of “oh it’s because they are a threat to our #FREEDOM, totally not about oil fields” 

Wartime vs. peacetime. He is laissez faire normally,  as Doc acknowledged. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not to mention, yet again, all the Orcs aren’t even leaving. What’s strategically bad is leaving resources almost untapped to outsiders in rp because someone is a fan of them oocly, to be nice to them when you have no reason to and cut yourself out of a larger deal with a war coming after your kingdom has taken financial losses. 

That, is strategically bad. They need money and ores, they don’t need the Orcs.

That's a patronizing characterization of my position which I already denied was the case.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

While not the Followers, I would still argue that they are altruistic. Their purpose is to protect Freeside and make it better for everyone. And too look cool while they’re doing it. XD 

True, even if they did kill that asshole, which I didn’t get that implication, just roughed him up, it was with the intent of providing a fair and even environment for competing bodyguards, Kings and otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Using army resources to displace skilled laborers instead of using them is strategically bad. My stance is not entirely moral or sentimental

It is sentimental though... you like the Orcs so something that can be seen as bad is unthinkable, while you don’t care for the Kings so them getting killed to the last man by an ultra murder death robot army because they don’t want to leave their home is a-okay

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

It is sentimental though... you like the Orcs so something that can be seen as bad is unthinkable, while you don’t care for the Kings so them getting killed to the last man by an ultra murder death robot army because they don’t want to leave their home is a-okay

Exactly. 

Just now, Celan said:

You're assuming we can't crack his security.  Bad assumption. 

It’s a way worse assumption to assume that we can whenever we want. Based on absolutely nothing.

You said it yourself, the dude is way smarter than we are.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Wartime vs. peacetime. He is laissez faire normally,  as Doc acknowledged.

I acknowledged that much of the Mojave is laissez faire under House because the world is laissez faire by default when there is no ruling power. House himself is not. He is extremely regulatory of what little he actually bothers to control, with extremely high taxes in Vegas for instance.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I acknowledged that much of the Mojave is laissez faire under House because the world is laissez faire by default when there is no ruling power. House himself is not. He is extremely regulatory of what little he actually bothers to control, with extremely high taxes in Vegas for instance.

Not to mention “I want that vault so I’m just gonna start filling it up with concrete until the dwellers leave or accept my demands”

• Like 1

Not to mention “I want that vault so I’m just gonna start filling it up with concrete until the dwellers leave or accept my demands”

At least that had some reason to it though. It is connected to sensitive areas important to him and his work. He at least let them stay in the upper portion.

The Kings thing though? No reason whatsoever.

In fact the only argument that I’ve seen that even sounds remotely like a good case for him is that this was probably added so that houses side had some unforeseen consequences. That much I agree with even if I don’t think it out of character for him.