Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

50 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don't know where you got that people were disrespecting you before. But I can say for certain that whatever sniggers you've gotten before is nothing compared to what you're getting now with Trump as president. Most rest of the world view him as a clown. 

Most of western Europe, maybe. But I can’t stress enough how little I, or most Trump voters I imagine, care what the rest of the world thinks. 

I have a feeling that if he bowed and scraped before the UN and NATO like prior presidents did, the world would see him in a different light. Screw that.

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

What I'm saying he should know what how to run a government. Otherwise it's gonna be really hard to any enact change if you don't know how. He can't even pick and/or keep his staff and ministers given how they continuously have to leave and be replaced. 

And yet he’s accomplished a hell of a lot more in three years than his 'statesman' predecessors. If it were up to me, he’d fire four or five more of those snakes, conduct be damned. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don't know where you got that people were disrespecting you before. But I can say for certain that whatever sniggers you've gotten before is nothing compared to what you're getting now with Trump as president. Most rest of the world view him as a clown. 

What I'm saying he should know what how to run a government. Otherwise it's gonna be really hard to any enact change if you don't know how. He can't even pick and/or keep his staff and ministers given how they continuously have to leave and be replaced. 

Alright, these were the most raw videos I could find regarding the issue. First one is somewhat short though but it looks and sounds like a self contained closing statement. 

Second one is about the 2nd amendment. Which I know is a touchy subject but with the amount of guns in the US any kind of ban on guns is simply impossible. Trump exaggerating that is normal for politics though when he does suggest that some gun owner can fix it he is encouraging to an act of violence. While not blatant, I think we all know that the human language is capable to be subtle enough to convey messages that are not blatantly put forth. 

Reveal hidden contents

Europe wants a US president who bows and scrapes and reassures them they’re still part of empires. Sneering at Americans is an old pastime. I remember walking into Waterstones Books in England and seeing an entire table full of anti-American books. Most Americans rarely think of England at all, let alone enough to work up hatred for them.

The election of our president is not for you. We chose the flamboyant but effective over the slick and corrupt. Don’t take it personally. Trump has done more in his supposed ignorance and buffoonishness than Obama accomplished by his smug coolness.

Some are noticing.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/donald-trump-is-the-best-prime-minister-britain-never-had/

• Like 2

I don't know where you also get that prior presidents bow and scrape before other nations. Here outside the US has always been known to do its own thing when it wants with not that much regards for other nations. 

But if you don't care about foreign relations that's fair. Just keep in mind that attitude might not give you many favors in global politics. 

As for Trump achieving things, that is also in large parts thanks to the republican statesmen that hold a majority in congress that supports him. Without which he would have had his hands tied behind his back for the duration of his term. So comparing Trump to Obama is unfair as Obama had to deal with a republican majority in congress as well. 

42 minutes ago, Celan said:

And that's so obviously biased I'm not sure if it's any better than what you people say the mainstream media puts out. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

But if you don't care about foreign relations that's fair. Just keep in mind that attitude might not give you many favors in global politics. 

I care a lot about foreign relations. But that’s not the same thing as caring what the average European thinks of my country.

As for Trump achieving things, that is also in large parts thanks to the republican statesmen that hold a majority in congress that supports him.

Trump has a Republican majority in the Senate, but not the House. Both are needed to pass laws and make major changes through Congress, and he has absolutely been stonewalled there, just as Obama was. Most of his best accomplishments have been through executive (Presidential) powers.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I care a lot about foreign relations. But that’s not the same thing as caring what the average European thinks of my country.

Though what the average European thinks can give a good indication of what the average European national leader thinks. Also having a good reputation is what gives a country soft power, the power to get things without flexing one's muscles. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Trump has a Republican majority in the Senate, but not the House. Both are needed to pass laws and make major changes through Congress, and he has absolutely been stonewalled there, just as Obama was. Most of his best accomplishments have been through executive (Presidential) powers.

Which can then be overturned by congress if I remember correctly, even though it would take some time. So unless he can get a majority his changes will more likely just end up being temporary with little to no lasting effect.

9 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though what the average European thinks can give a good indication of what the average European national leader thinks. Also having a good reputation is what gives a country soft power, the power to get things without flexing one's muscles. 

Which can then be overturned by congress if I remember correctly, even though it would take some time. So unless he can get a majority his changes will more likely just end up being temporary with little to no lasting effect.

America doesn’t need soft power, and doesnt need to rely on our allies. We don’t want it, don’t care for it, and never will. I know Europeans likely find it scary considering we’ve been around as a world influence for a long time and now suddenly we’re dialing back but that’s a tough titty. All I notice from Europeans and what they want from us is to use us as an excuse and a scapegoat for all of the worlds problems, especially for the problems in the Middle East.

I don’t give a rats ass what Europe thinks about us and that goes double for their spineless ineffective leaders.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

In fact I’d say that thus far, Obama has been able to do more of what he wanted than Trump has. Was talking about this the other day actually.

That whole episode with congress using a law in relation Obamacare to say congress was a small business so they could avoid certain taxes was also some of the shadiest shit Ive ever seen, because democrat and republicans alike were both covering up for it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

America doesn’t need soft power, and doesnt need to rely on our allies. We don’t want it, don’t care for it, and never will. I know Europeans likely find it scary considering we’ve been around as a world influence for a long time and now suddenly we’re dialing back but that’s a tough titty. All I notice from Europeans and what they want from us is to use us as an excuse and a scapegoat for all of the worlds problems, especially for the problems in the Middle East.

I don’t give a rats ass what Europe thinks about us and that goes double for their spineless ineffective leaders.

Your former secretary of defense "Mad Dog" Mattis disagrees with that the US doesn't need soft power. And I feel that someone of his experience would know what he's talking about.

Though what the average European thinks can give a good indication of what the average European national leader thinks

I don’t know much about Sweden, but there are millions of Brits and Frenchmen who would disagree with you on that.

11 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Executive orders can be undone by bills, which he has the power to veto, and his opposition would require a good deal more than a majority to overturn that. But even so not all of his accomplishments are through executive orders. Military actions and the use of military funds are completely within Presidential powers. So is negotiating trade deals. A lot of what he’s done would require another president to undo legally.

@Witchking of Angmar neither of those videos were encouraging violence.

The first one is saying he won’t accept the election results unless he wins lol which means basically he was gonna say it was rigged unless Hillary took that L, and he was gonna oppose the results.

The second is saying unless these dickless morons get it together, we are all gonna lose our right to bear arms or have it diminished so much that it is no longer recognizable as our most important right. And by get it together, he means vote for him lol XD see a pattern?

Trump has almost never encouraged violence against Americans that I can recall. Not in a serious manner.

And meanwhile you have democratic politicians hyping up Antifa, encouraging teenagers go in the streets and riot and all kinds of stupid destructive shit. Trump may rub people the wrong way but he’s no fascist

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Your former secretary of defense "Mad Dog" Mattis disagrees with that the US doesn't need soft power. And I feel that someone of his experience would know what he's talking about.

Reveal hidden contents

We’re all aware. Mattis is a great leader to aim at your enemies in times of war, but he’s a hardcore interventionist and that’s why the globalists like him so much. I don’t give a damn what countries he thinks we should be exploiting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t care to be honest, I stand by what I said. Especially when it comes to the war on terror. Time for the others to step up and handle problems in their own back yard and stop waiting for us to do things.

The only soft power I care about is the power to make Europe and middle eastern countries get off their asses when they can no longer rely on us. 

I dont think we can be isolationist anymore but I’m tired of our country being so heavily effected by globalism and all of its ilk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We’re all aware. Mattis is a great leader to aim at your enemies in times of war, but he’s a hardcore interventionist and that’s why the globalists like him so much. I don’t give a damn what countries he thinks we should be exploiting. 

Twins

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don't know where you also get that prior presidents bow and scrape before other nations. Here outside the US has always been known to do its own thing when it wants with not that much regards for other nations. 

As for Trump achieving things, that is also in large parts thanks to the republican statesmen that hold a majority in congress that supports him. Without which he would have had his hands tied behind his back for the duration of his term. So comparing Trump to Obama is unfair as Obama had to deal with a republican majority in congress as well. 

And that's so obviously biased I'm not sure if it's any better than what you people say the mainstream media puts out. 

For his first two years Obama had a complete supermajority. In those two years he gave us big bank bailouts and the monstrosity of Obamacare which is why he lost it.

It’s not that Americans don’t care about foreign policy but Obama’s FP was disastrous and Europe loved him, so choosing our president based on foreign popularity would be really foolish. And do Swedes choose leaders based on what people in Florida or Illinois think about them? I should hope not.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Exactly what we were talking about last night. Biden basically saying an armed citizenry is no match for the government because they have F15s. XD 

They all act like the military is gonna obey that order :rofl: nah that comes down the chain a huge chunk, perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 are gonna say nah fam and then there advantages start to slip.

Fuck:dntknw:

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

They all act like the military is gonna obey that order :rofl: nah that comes down the chain a huge chunk, perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 are gonna say nah fam and then there advantages start to slip.

That was one of the points Colonel and I were talking about last night. If even 10% of legal gun owners said “fuck you” to President-only-in-his-Dreams Biden that’s still over ten million people. No fucking way even half the military would be on board with that.

• Haha 1

Indeed, I mean he grew up when Vietnam was a thing, we all know the Iraqi war was the longest war we’ve ever had... 

I’m pretty sure these people just stick to the big talking points and repeat them again and again because most ignorant people (like my mother) will repeat them and believe them regardless. 

50 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Exactly what we were talking about last night. Biden basically saying an armed citizenry is no match for the government because they have F15s. XD 

So my takeaway from this is, my black ass needs an F-15, and hell, why not some drones and a few tanks while we’re at it. Thanks Joe, I’ve seen the light. See you in no man’s land.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t care to be honest, I stand by what I said. Especially when it comes to the war on terror. Time for the others to step up and handle problems in their own back yard and stop waiting for us to do things.

The only soft power I care about is the power to make Europe and middle eastern countries get off their asses when they can no longer rely on us. 

I dont think we can be isolationist anymore but I’m tired of our country being so heavily effected by globalism and all of its ilk.

Though he has a point that soft power is what is needed when you want other countries to do something. And while I can completely understand taking a few steps back regarding military interventions I will say that taking steps back in all areas will leave room for other countries to step in and fill the void. Something China has already started to do. I remember when Trump was threatening tolls on all steel imports that there was talk about the possibility of China filling that void in global trade. And if Trump wants to make China bend he should at least not push US:s traditional allies into China's arms as that is just counterproductive. 

3 hours ago, Celan said:

For his first two years Obama had a complete supermajority. In those two years he gave us big bank bailouts and the monstrosity of Obamacare which is why he lost it.

It’s not that Americans don’t care about foreign policy but Obama’s FP was disastrous and Europe loved him, so choosing our president based on foreign popularity would be really foolish. And do Swedes choose leaders based on what people in Florida or Illinois think about them? I should hope not.

We don't really elect leaders as you do. We vote for parties for the parliament and then the parties and party leaders decide among themselves who will get what posts in the new government. Foreign opinion is pretty much non-existent due to how unknown the party leaders are in other countries, but the media and the opposition would have a field day if for example the prime minister didn't have any tact when at a meeting with other national leaders.

Though then again, we are required to be a bit more aware of our foreign relations given how we are members of the EU where playing nice is required if one want to get any influence.