Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Probably don’t wanna give trump more ammunition. Were i one of those idiots I’d wait it out until after the elections lest he do another immigration ban and start deporting motherfuckers again.

Chad President.

That, and we decided to quit funding ISIS, bombed them a few times, and then stepped aside to let the Ruskies have at them. Joining ISIS probably seemed a lot more glamorous back when they thought it was a legitimate emerging state rather than some ragtag losers who control no land hiding in caves from Russian kill teams.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think you need to stop idealizing us here in the north. While we've always had a strong left here, it used to be mostly about decent wages, worker safety, tax payed healthcare and schools, and the like. I don't know when or why it became so focused on these strange cultural ideas. I feel like blaming the US because it seems like most of the strange stuff happened in your country first and was then imported here. 

If anything y’all (Europe in general) have far exceeded us on the liberalism, especially Britain. At this point, Europe is leading in that aspect.

Thats why Trump was elected in the first place, America said “Not here.”

I can definitely get behind blaming Hollywood tho.

As for idealizing you, I don’t. I know what the Vikings were and they directly oppose my ideals as a Christian, but it’s sad to see not because I can’t jack off to your ancestors suddenly lol, it’s sad to see any once proud people turned cuck by liberalism.

Imagine if that found its way to Russia somehow. Not their biggest fan but no one wants to see a bear turned into a pussycat.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Of course, I am well aware of how far reaching American media is, but even so, it seems like Western Europe specifically was affected and not much else. Japan for instance also consumes a lot of American media, and vice versa but they remain pretty conservative all the same. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for idealizing you, I don’t. I know what the Vikings were and they directly oppose my ideals as a Christian, but it’s sad to see not because I can’t jack off to your ancestors suddenly lol, it’s sad to see any once proud people turned cuck by liberalism.

Where it all started. :P 

rollo-after.gif?w=1100

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Imagine if that found its way to Russia somehow. Not their biggest fan but no one wants to see a bear turned into a pussycat.

Though I wouldn't mind if the bear learnt some bloody manners and stopped being an asshole. I'd prefer if Russia looked to its own people rather than trying to flex its military muscles within our borders. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Where it all started. :P 

rollo-after.gif?w=1100

:rofl:

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though I wouldn't mind if the bear learnt some bloody manners and stopped being an asshole. I'd prefer if Russia looked to its own people rather than flexing its military muscles within our borders. 

I’d rather they stay brutish and kill some more terrorists personally. Maybe them flexing will give Europe (and the US) a wake up call.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Of course, I am well aware of how far reaching American media is, but even so, it seems like Western Europe specifically was affected and not much else. Japan for instance also consumes a lot of American media, and vice versa but they remain pretty conservative all the same. 

Eastern countries tend to be so different culturally that comparisons with western ones can be tricky. Japan in particular has always been a cultural oddball on the world stage. It’s one of the most homogenous nations with super low immigration or naturalizations, and zero social pressure to change for the sake of foreigners.

Most of Europe is definitely much more liberal than America. Always has been. And I think they’re more far gone with the modern cultural left stuff overall than we are too. But America is so freaking huge. If you look at our areas that are hotbeds for it, like LA, Portland, San Francisco, etc, where a lot of it comes from, those places are probably worse than the majority of Europe.

I’d rather they stay brutish and kill some more terrorists personally. Maybe them flexing will give Europe (and the US) a wake up call.

I'd rather not go back to the height of the cold war. My country got enough issues to deal with without Russia sticking its nose in our business. 

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eastern countries tend to be so different culturally that comparisons with western ones can be tricky. Japan in particular has always been a cultural oddball on the world stage. It’s one of the most homogenous nations with super low immigration or naturalizations, and zero social pressure to change for the sake of foreigners.

It really hasn’t to be honest, Japan only really started getting weird after the effects of WW2, before they and most eastern societies were at least similar in that they typically look at “the greater good” and put their needs over the individual. 

Which is why cultures of the eastern paradigms were more susceptible to communism.

In fact I’d say their conservatism is in large part due to their contact with us ironically. 

I agree they haven’t had physical pressure to change of course tho being an island nation way off to the ass end of Asia.

At best I’d say America might’ve pushed certain nations to their particular extremes via media at most. Makes sense when you think about it.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m curious. What business of Sweden’s is Russia sticking its nose into?

Well there was the military incursions a few years back. An unidentified submarine was spotted near our capital and some Russian fighter planes flew over Denmark. After that Russia has mostly made a lot of noise with military exercises in the Baltic Sea on top of threats if Sweden were to join NATO. Sweden also happens to own Gotland, which is an island in the southern middle of the Baltic Sea that also happens to be a very important strategic location. So people are afraid that Russia is gonna take it. Especially after the whole debacle with Ukraine. 

Other than that there's also been talk of Russia influencing our elections through social media. Also there were a couple of Russian spies that were caught a year or so ago. 

While I'm not sure what Russia wants or in what extent they're meddling, but it's been enough that we reintroduced obligatory military service.

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Despite whatever they’re doing physically, I really doubt Russians are meddling in your elections, that’s the same garbage they said about Trump and they found nothing.

The rest tho doesn’t surprise me.

And of course just because they didn’t here doesn’t mean they couldn’t be in Scandinavia.

In fact I think we found some Russian spies a few years back didn’t we?

Anyway, if it’s just talk and nothing concrete yet, given your political atmosphere it sounds like fear mongering. Not that distrusting Russians is ever a bad idea.

• Like 1

Despite whatever they’re doing physically, I really doubt Russians are meddling in your elections, that’s the same garbage they said about Trump and they found nothing.

The rest tho doesn’t surprise me.

And of course just because they didn’t here doesn’t mean they couldn’t be in Scandinavia.

Didn't they offer Trump's staff dirt on Hillary?

In either case, I'm pretty sure they did to some extent. It's apparently very easy to pay for targeted ads in social media. I remember reading about some company that was busted a while back that made a business meddling with politics for the highest bidder. A lot of it through social media. 

They didn’t need to, LOL, she offered dirt on herself XD 

But no, the Mueller report didn’t find squat. They wasted millions of dollars for absolutely nothing. Just political bullshit.

In any case, if they did I wouldn’t be surprised but strangely enough I kinda hope they are to combat the liberalism of their enemies since it’s giving a foothold to people we all mutually hate, terrorists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It really hasn’t to be honest, Japan only really started getting weird after the effects of WW2, before they and most eastern societies were at least similar in that they typically look at “the greater good” and put their needs over the individual. 

I didn’t mean oddball as in weird. Though they are that. XD I meant that Japan was and still is very much its own thing with a relatively unique culture by developed nation standards. They are more distinct than most European nations are from one another, like you said, mainly thanks to their location.

I didn’t mean economic conservatism, capitalism, communism, stuff like that. I was talking about cultural conservatism. Japan and most of the East has always been very culturally conservative in their own way. It’s just that the culture they 'conserve' is very different from what we tend to think of when we use the word talking about western countries. Nationalist might’ve been a better word.

19 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

In either case, I'm pretty sure they did to some extent. It's apparently very easy to pay for targeted ads in social media. I remember reading about some company that was busted a while back that made a business meddling with politics for the highest bidder. A lot of it through social media. 

The Russia social media interference in elections is so overblown it’s almost funny. It’s like a few tens of thousands of dollars in campaign ads. Basically nothing and lots of countries do it. And to my understanding, at least in the US, it’s not even illegal. They didn’t hack or rig anything. It was just ads talking bad about candidates.

The response had waaaay more of an effect than the actual effort, which was of course by design. They knew what they were doing. 

I see alot of people using Japan as an example of "the model civilisation"...yet it's population is dying (it's shrinking everyday, people don't want babies as to damage their careers, old people are beginning to outnumber the young), the entire country is wracked with extreme social issues (suicide is a huge problem over there, despite it's tiny population it has a really high suicide rate), the sexualisation of minors (another huge problem is student prostitution), and alot of other stuff.

It does have a fascinating, unique culture, that it's maintained, but it's a very troubled country. I've been there several times, have relatives who live there, and I think it's really weird.

• Like 1