Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Because the initial difficulties are too easy, right? 

Not really, early on the difficulty’s actually fine. It’s later on that’s the problem. In fact I’d say the bigger problem with Skyrim is that the crafting system is OP.

You only pick one though and it’s not so bad.

The other problem, dragons are weak. Bears are more dangerous than dragons.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If only Beth had the balls.XD

People copy Dank Soft in all the wrong ways, when they should be removing any kind of difficulty option (Have it set to expert and balance the game around that entirely) and have a system that actually respects players intelligence.  But whenever I hear Dank Souls cited it's always, it's something stupid. 

Mimics are in D & D, dude. Your game is copying others.

Also, fuck Dark Souls.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

An example of a mechanic that I think needs to be axed is the level scaling. Been playing Morrowloot, and it's such more immersive, and fun. 

I agree with this. I can’t think of any game I’ve played that did level scaling well. It kills a sense of player progression and always ends with the whole world being populated with mega bandit deathlords who live in shitty caves even though any three of them could slaughter entire villages with ease.

I was a judge for the backyard grilling category at Meat on the Mississippi today. 21 teams. Most of it was alright. Some solid pork tenderloin in there that stood out the most. And bacon wrapped duck with a really good stuffing.

Tomorrow’s the main BBQ event. Judging that too. 

• Like 2

Damn Long War 2 (Xcom 2 overhaul mod, super popular) is brutal. Second mission, first one I got to choose almost ended in disaster.

I infiltrated a supply place and had four Xcom recruits. After trial and error (and plenty of saves) I changed my strategy and went aggressive. Ended up working. One man was bleeding out and had to be carried to extraction zone and another was slightly wounded but I made it out with two supply caches out of four with one turn to spare before alien reinforcements arrived.

12 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was a judge for the backyard grilling category at Meat on the Mississippi today. 21 teams. Most of it was alright. Some solid pork tenderloin in there that stood out the most. And bacon wrapped duck with a really good stuffing.

Tomorrow’s the main BBQ event. Judging that too. 

Must be nice to be on that side of things.

You need to come to the Carolinas for a visit. Colonel can come up and we'll do a tour of the Carolina BBQ scene. The most famous places are all just up the road from me, in China Grove and Lexington.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Celan said:

Must be nice to be on that side of things.

It was at first. Now that I’m done with the main event I wanna puke. XD Most of the chicken was alright, couple were great. Ribs had some good and some really bad. By the time I got to the butts I was beyond full and still had 21 entries to go. And very few of them were at all impressive. But it might be an unfair system since none of us wanted to take another bite at that point no matter how good it might’ve been.

The festival was great fun, though. People from all over the area set up lots of tents and games and grills along the river. Had a wrestling event with lots of trash talking and town idiots throwing each other around. Live music. Kids riding ponies. All kinds of food everywhere. Think over a thousand people showed up in total across the two days. It was a great time.