• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Mind linking the video? I’ve wanted those sets for a while. 

It’s a showcase video but she says how to get them in the beginning and then elaborates in the comments

also I think she’s French cause she’s hard to understand

CFC036BD-5BE8-4F63-A6B9-AB21E9A665CA.thumb.png.eabab9eafb80a8d442e8fd07d0da8b5b.png
Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

• 2 weeks later...

@BigBossBalrog I've actually read the whole thing now. But my comments are kinda jumbled as usual. XD 

I really liked your background for Sutch, and how you reconciled the original lore version of the place with the shitty fortress in Oblivion and brought the daedric assault quest into it all. It feels like a pretty realistic history and a big improvement over Bethesda's own depiction of the place. The only part I'd criticize is the swampiness, which seems more like what you'd expect in the southeastern Nibenese regions of Cyrodiil than the heart of the Colovian highlands. And perhaps a very minor nitpick that the "Imperial Road" should have been called the "Gold Road". As those are all already established. The highway's poor state was some interesting worldbuilding, though. Makes a lot of sense considering Cyrodiil's hard times as of late. Maybe the Legions could repair it some day like the Roman legions did? But I guess that would be pretty expensive and not an immediate option.

Seeing Dales interacting with her people in this manner was nice. We hear a lot about how this or that segment of the population feels about her, but oftentimes I feel that it isn't justified enough considering she's been a ruler for such a short time. She carried herself well in the presence of the peasantry and gave me something of a Margaery Tyrell vibe with how she endeared herself to them. 

Not gonna lie, I found the "faggot" lines weird. Felt too modern.

Loved the Dominion warning sign corpses. The description was cool with the moss growing over them and whatnot, and does a good job of showing off how hardcore Sutch is. Though Captain Valerius deserves to be hanged for his stupidity. XD Can you imagine if he'd killed her then and there? I am 100% with Tiberius on this one. Idiot almost singlehandedly upended the crown.

"Stay close, there are older and fouler things then bandits that lurk in the dark of the forest. Stick to the road.”   

Nice LotR reference. XD 

I am curious, when Dales was here as a child, was the place more or less as dilapidated as it is today? She was born after the Great War, so I would assume so since she also reflects that the Great War is what reduced the place to such an awful state. But why did she have childhood images of it being this proud and stalwart bastion of Imperial power? Did something happen in the last fifteen years?

• Thanks 1

Glad you liked it XD

I thought I had gone overblown with how decrepit the place is, but that seems not to be the case.

If you'd think it'd suit it better, I could change it to something like "arsewipe" or something of the like. I'll edit the part about the highway too. 

That's just assuming he's telling the truth, and it was an "accident"  XD

I assumed most of her memories of the place are heavily embellished "childhood" image of it. She lived there when she was super small, then moved to the Imperial City very, very early in her life, and she made only one visit back when she was 7 and didn't see much of it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Glad you liked it XD

Reveal hidden contents

I thought I had gone overblown with how decrepit the place is, but that seems not to be the case.

If you'd think it'd suit it better, I could change it to something like "arsewipe" or something of the like. I'll edit the part about the highway too. 

I assumed most of her memories of the place are heavily embellished "childhood" image of it. She lived there when she was super small, then moved to the Imperial City very, very early in her life, and she made only one visit back when she was 7 and didn't see much of it

I found it especially fitting for Sutch, which was decrepit even when we saw it in Oblivion. I thought you tied things together nicely.

It’s your call. But I do think that would read better for TES than the gamer word. XD 

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I did wonder about that while reading the later parts, with how much they seemed to hate her and whatnot. I did like the explanation that they just came out of a battle with Legion deserters (meaning similar attire, easy mistake to make) and weren’t expecting visitors. It was still a very foolish mistake, but a believable one in that context.

But if they were actually trying to kill her there... well shit. Screw that guy even harder. No way that would’ve ended well for Sutch.

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I assumed most of her memories of the place are heavily embellished "childhood" image of it.

Makes sense. That’s kinda what I assumed but I wanted to make sure in case I was missing something. 

Little fact; I was going to have the Captain use a Chinese Kowtow bow and mention it was an extremely old way of showing respect to someone, cause I wanted to add a little bit of Bethesda-ignored Ming Dynasty flavor to the place, but decided it would be unfortunately way too out of place  XD

zuoyi.jpg

But I kept the rice field, cause even in Oblivion rice was very common. 

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In barrels. Damn Oblivion. XD 

I still don’t think they’d be natural to the Colovian Highlands though. More of a Niben Valley thing.

There actually is such thing as highland rice, but it is typically grown on dry land rather than in wet paddies. I could see them having that.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Little fact; I was going to have the Captain use a Chinese Kowtow bow and mention it was an extremely old way of showing respect to someone, cause I wanted to add a little bit of Bethesda-ignored Ming Dynasty flavor to the place, but decided it would be unfortunately way too out of place  XD

zuoyi.jpg

I feel like such flavor would be better suited for the Nibenese

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I still don’t think they’d be natural to the Colovian Highlands though. More of a Niben Valley thing.

There actually is such thing as highland rice, but it is typically grown on dry land rather than in wet paddies. I could see them having that.

Sigh

Viking'd

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I guess I could just edit it to be that if you think it's better for flavor XD I think I mentioned that most of the Empire's rice was still grown from there, so all i'd have to do was fix some descriptions.  And have Dale's horse spooked for some other reason. 

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I guess I could just edit it to be that if you think it's better for flavor XD I think I mentioned that most of the Empire's rice was still grown from there, so all i'd have to do was fix some descriptions.  And have Dale's horse spooked for some other reason. 

I must’ve read over that at the time because I don’t remember. XD Considering the geography, most of Cyrodiil’s rice would indeed most likely be grown in Niben Valley, and probably most of Cyrodiil’s crops in general as that region is so fertile.

Colovia no doubt has lots of agriculture too. The region around Skingrad is known for its vineyards, for instance. And I’d expect lots of livestock as well. 

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I must’ve read over that at the time because I don’t remember. XD Considering the geography, most of Cyrodiil’s rice would indeed most likely be grown in Niben Valley, and probably most of Cyrodiil’s crops in general as that region is so fertile.

Colovia no doubt has lots of agriculture too. The region around Skingrad is known for its vineyards, for instance. And I’d expect lots of livestock as well. 

"To the Empress (who had never witnessed rice being harvested) it looked like exhausting work, but from the universal smiles and laughter, very rewarding and honest. She was fascinated by it.

Dales, who was gently caressing her horse who was nervous about the uneven hills, asked “I thought most of Cyrodiil’s rice came from the Niben?”  (This used to actually be Leyawiin but I made it more general in an edit)

“It does.” Tiberius said, helping Dales in calming the horse down. “But it’s a pretty common crop throughout the entire heartland. It’s...easy enough to harvest, can be used in a variety of ways, and is pretty filling. There’s a reason it’s one of our biggest agricultural exports.” 

Shrek's swamp has been drained and now it's proper highlands XD 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Imagine if Bethesda had spent this much effort thinking about Cyrodiil’s landscape. XD 

I was researching the topic about Cyrodiil's geography and I found this. Not just Oblvion, alot of Skyrim's geography makes zero sense in the context of the game world and the lore XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was researching the topic about Cyrodiil's geography and I found this. Not just Oblvion, alot of Skyrim's geography makes zero sense in the context of the game world and the lore XD

Yeah, you have to handwave a lot of gamey things just because the world is so scaled down. Leyawiin obviously wouldn’t be built to block off the entire Niben like that.

Skyrim is like this too, but their Riften example is a little muddier. I don’t know if anything in the game actually states outright that Riften is a bustling port town. Every ship we see belongs to fishermen, and aren’t for merchants or transportation. This could just be a case of a Redditor being wrong.

There are other ways that Skyrim is described much differently in the lore than it appears in the game though. It’s not as drastic as Cyrodiil being changed from a jungle, but the Pocket Guide descriptions aren’t still very different than the geography we got. 

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog I think it was said a couple posts back, but I can't remember now off the top of my head. Why has Dales gone to Sutch again?

Mainly for practical reasons; after Krojun butchered the Elder Council she thinks it's a good opportunity to rally the terrified nobles of Cyrodiil (after neglecting them for so long cause of her perception of them being decedent) under her banner for political support. And she decided to go from the bottom to the top, and that if she can acquire the support of the Count of Sutch, who apparently hates her guts, she can get it from anyone XD

On a more personal level, she's become more introspective after High Hrothgar, and wants to visit her home.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Mainly for practical reasons; after Krojun butchered the Elder Council she thinks it's a good opportunity to rally the terrified nobles of Cyrodiil (after neglecting them for so long cause of her perception of them being decedent) under her banner for political support. And she decided to go from the bottom to the top, and that if she can acquire the support of the Count of Sutch, who apparently hates her guts, she can get it from anyone XD

On a more personal level, she's become more introspective after High Hrothgar, and wants to visit her home.  

Wait I thought that was retconned?