• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This seems a lot harder to determine in the lore than in Skyrim. Human, elven, and beast souls have differing values and power outside the game mechanics rather than just all being the equivalent of Grand, and some Dunmer even believe that beast races have far lesser souls. The gems are supposed to be a lot more finicky too.

I'm mostly going off of Giant's having the direct step down from Black Souls, I can't remember what tier it was though off memory. That and we don't see any Giants in Sovngarde nor any mentions in the lore about that being their destination of the afterlife. But in general Atmoriants have weaker souls then their human counterparts.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This is pretty rad, though. So there are a bunch of Atmoriant draugr? Where are they kept? Atmoran-styles burrows like the Nords but with higher ceilings? XD

Of fuck yeah there's Atmoriant draugr! The Middland Plateau is very entrenched in that form of burial rite. From the smallest farming families that have either the familiar wise folk entomb, or hire a holy shamanic necromancer to preform the rite, passed family members below the home. Many commune with their deceased ancestors through the wise folk, the more powerful can sire magics to raise their forefathers to protect the household in times of crisis. Powerful clans have entire burrows to entomb their dead near their holds. Every king of Ecoriobriga has been entombed below the volcano and it is not uncommon to seek their council through raising rites.

While foreigners are very quick to condemn what they perceive as perverse necromancy, the natives have long considered the rites to entomb, raise and commune with their draugr ancestors a very pure and holy thing. With the advent of Imperialization in the east of the island, and Haafingar-Folk replacing the Old Dowry's natives as the dominant population it stamped out this practice everywhere beyond the volcanic plateau. For good use too, Uriel had at times contended with entire barrows risen to protect the hearth.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

While foreigners are very quick to condemn what they perceive as perverse necromancy, the natives have long considered the rites to entomb, raise and commune with their draugr ancestors a very pure and holy thing.

Reminds me of the Dunmer. It seems like more or less the same dynamic that the rest of Tamriel has with them and their "totally not necromantic" holy rites that include summoning ancestor ghosts and raising bonewalkers to defend tombs.

Wish we’d seen something like this in Skyrim considering there are tons of examples of draugr not being hostile to certain individuals.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

For good use too, Uriel had at times contended with entire barrows risen to protect the hearth.

I bet this led to some awesome side quests back in the day. XD 

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me of the Dunmer. It seems like more or less the same dynamic that the rest of Tamriel has with them and their "totally not necromantic" holy rites that include summoning ancestor ghosts and raising bonewalkers to defend tombs.

Wish we’d seen something like this in Skyrim considering there are tons of examples of draugr not being hostile to certain individuals.

Definitely a parallel with the Dunmer there. Most are not powerful enough to raise the draugr but there are plenty of wise folk that can commune through sharing the slumbering draugr's dream. Plus back in the Bloodmoon dlc there were Nordic witches who could summon the ghosts of their ancestors in battle. I thought that was the coolest thing and interpreted it as literally calling forth their forefathers from Sovngarde. But since the souls of their ancestors are entombed in their bodies, they cannot summon their ghosts.

It's a dangerous thing raising draugr that are not of your lineage or bloodline, because then it does require dominating their soul for them not to attack you.

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I bet this led to some awesome side quests back in the day. XD 

I can see it now, Priests of Arkay tasking the player to rid the burrows of their draugr and slay any Shaman that attempts to raise them.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar

"What manner of snow-devil are you?" Asked the jellyfish who's vicious poison could not harm the madman.

But the madman knew not the language of jellyfish and so grasped the thing in hand and dragged it to shore.

:rofl: 

Some weird’n wild stuff in there, but I liked it. XD The Berserker gives me Ysgramor vibes with all the insane and larger than life stories surrounding him. The jellyfish was the highlight but the mace story was the craziest.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

Hide contents

"What manner of snow-devil are you?" Asked the jellyfish who's vicious poison could not harm the madman.

But the madman knew not the language of jellyfish and so grasped the thing in hand and dragged it to shore.

:rofl: 

Some weird’n wild stuff in there, but I liked it. XD The Berserker gives me Ysgramor vibes with all the insane and larger than life stories surrounding him. The jellyfish was the highlight but the mace story was the craziest.

I channeled my inner MK, that is some extremely in-universe nonsense. Most of what I wrote just came to me naturally, all that was set in stone was that a madman raider encounters a great jellyfish and takes from it powerful things.

The mace part was written in the classic Heroic Poetry style of "You already know about this, and it's in different oral stories" approach, mixing the stories of other stories together also offered the origin of this weapon of Roscrean folklore. I had the most fun writing that part about the cockle mace and the sea-ghost too!

There's going to be madmen with other weapons of the like in the RP, but as with most things it doesn't express the same majesty and power as spoken of in the oral.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@BigBossBalrog And whomever was also in the post, I couldn't tell XD

It has been absolutely forever since I explored Cyrodiil in Oblivion so I'm having to formulate my own images based on what was written, which was very nicely worded, depicted and detailed. Good job on those fronts!

That ending so reminded me of Mace Catch-Dez-Hands Windu saying "My Lord" to Palps after defeating him, that's the exact tone I pictured NotAragorn saying.

So when we write the post involving those bandits, does it happen concurrently with this and following posts?

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog And whomever was also in the post, I couldn't tell XD

Hide contents

It has been absolutely forever since I explored Cyrodiil in Oblivion so I'm having to formulate my own images based on what was written, which was very nicely worded, depicted and detailed. Good job on those fronts!

That ending so reminded me of Mace Catch-Dez-Hands Windu saying "My Lord" to Palps after defeating him, that's the exact tone I pictured NotAragorn saying.

So when we write the post involving those bandits, does it happen concurrently with this and following posts?

It was just me XD

If were being technical, it's NOT!Farmir, I based Sutch's depiction off war torn Osgiliath 

XD Since there's basically no information on it, I wanted to flex my creative muscles, while staying true to the fact it was forlorn fort in Oblivon, and the city seen in the RP was built around it.

And it's roughly concurrently, yet. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It was just me XD

Hide contents

If were being technical, it's NOT!Farmir, I based Sutch's depiction off war torn Osgiliath 

XD Since there's basically no information on it, I wanted to flex my creative muscles, while staying true to the fact it was forlorn fort in Oblivon, and the city seen in the RP was built around it.

And it's roughly concurrently, yet. 

You're just plain wrong then, he hasn't rode off into a volley of arrows yet.

Why is Dales so disliked around ShantytownSutch again?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

You're just plain wrong then, he hasn't rode off into a volley of arrows yet.

Why is Dales so disliked around ShantytownSutch again?

You'll see more, but there super hardcore, like "let's train in the wild without a shirt on, put on Nord Warpaint, and skin Elves alive" kinda hardcore. The fact Dales is the daughter of Amaund and a motierre , who are a very ingrained and famous family from Sutch,  a Dominion bootlicker, is the deepest shame of the entire city. 

• Thanks 1

Y’all wanna see the craziest and most specific coincidence ever?

From my post, written years ago:

" "Endar Drenim!" Rythe's eyes widened. "The one who saved Tel Mora! You were not but a Spellwright when last we met. It was criminal, the way Dratha kept you down like she did. By all accounts, that old hag should have been scrubbing your boots."

"That worked itself out in the end. I was named Master Wizard after the Oblivion Crisis "

From ESO, long after I wrote that:

"I've only recently become a magister, it's true. But don't think me some suckling babe. I should have been promoted ages ago, but that antediluvian hag, Dratha, kept finding reasons to delay it. With any luck, she'll die soon."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

What I find interesting is she eventually became a Telvanni master lol. The one who gives you a deadric cuirass for getting a bow for her and tries to kill you for modeling a skirt for her lmao

Yeah I love how a lot of the Telvanni characters in ESO were first in Morrowind almost a thousand years later. It’s the only faction that has such a large number of recurring characters.

Really a nice bit of continuity and a cool reminder of how powerful and long-lived they are.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah I love how a lot of the Telvanni characters in ESO were first in Morrowind almost a thousand years later. It’s the only faction that has such a large number of recurring characters.

Really a nice bit of continuity and a cool reminder of how powerful and long-lived they are.

I’m about to finish the mainland morrowind quests with my dunmer, then I’m gonna travel to Vvardenfell and finally experience the dlc

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’m about to finish the mainland morrowind quests with my dunmer, then I’m gonna travel to Vvardenfell and finally experience the dlc

I think you’ll like it. All of the DLC regions are generally improved over the base game ones. And Vvardenfell is full of throwbacks to Morrowind without overdoing it. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think you’ll like it. All of the DLC regions are generally improved over the base game ones. And Vvardenfell is full of throwbacks to Morrowind without overdoing it. 

The only thing I know about it is im about to take my imperial therewity the blade of woe and start clappin’ dudes to get motif pages for redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni styles lol

25 minutes ago, Centurion said:

The only thing I know about it is im about to take my imperial therewity the blade of woe and start clappin’ dudes to get motif pages for redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni styles lol

Good luck. I’ve been trying to get those pieces for weeks now and haven’t found a single one.

Though I’ve been searching inside houses and dressers and shit. Thought you had to steal them, not kill for them. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Good luck. I’ve been trying to get those pieces for weeks now and haven’t found a single one.

Though I’ve been searching inside houses and dressers and shit. Thought you had to steal them, not kill for them. 

According to the video I watched it’s steal or kill for a higher chance

So I looked it up and you can pickpocket and npc 3 times before their inventory is “empty” then if you kill them with the blade of woe it generates loot then the npc respawns and you can start all over

edit: also it’s pickpocket, steal from safe boxes and thieve chests @The Good Doctor

Edited by Centurion
  • Thanks 1