• Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

@TheCzarsHussar

I like the new Roscrea. XD 

But the post had a very detached POV and showed more than it told, so I just wanna make sure I understood correctly what happened here.

Ecoriobriga is Roscrea's wealthiest and most powerful native city, and those who live there still revere dragons. And Haafingar-Folk are the decedents of Nordic colonists from the Septim days. They have continued to lord over the natives even after the Empire fell, but they no longer have the teeth they once did to enforce this rule, since Solitide no longer backs them.

In this post, a procession of Atmoriants left Ecoriobriga with the king's blessing (and his axe), and traveled across Roscrea to the home one of these Nords' 'Petty Jarls'. They attacked his town and crucified him and seventeen of his top retainers, and left a mark declaring war written in blood.

I get all that right? XD 

Anyway, I do like this version of things a lot more. It all feels much closer to home with TES, in my opinion. Like, all of this feels like it could come from Atmora and TES in general. Whereas the original Roscrea felt like it was entirely its own thing.

My only complaint about the post is more of a nitpick. It’s that crucifixions seem like an odd choice considering all the options. It would have been sick for them all to have gotten the Blood Dragon, since they revere Dov and it’s RP canon that this was an ancient practice that started with the dragon cult.

My main takeaways:

Roscrean civil war inbound. Probably gonna be short seeing how easily they were able to take out one of the biggest Petty Jarls. XD

The longboats bringing allies to Skyrim contain 'crusaders' and are about to depart. I wonder if the timing of this and the war happening at the same time was intentional.

No Druids in the post. I wonder if they’re okay with this. Or if they were involved in the plan. And if Theudofrid is aware.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

I like the new Roscrea. XD 

Hide contents

But the post had a very detached POV and showed more than it told, so I just wanna make sure I understood correctly what happened here.

Ecoriobriga is Roscrea's wealthiest and most powerful native city, and those who live there still revere dragons. And Haafingar-Folk are the decedents of Nordic colonists from the Septim days. They have continued to lord over the natives even after the Empire fell, but they no longer have the teeth they once did to enforce this rule, since Solitide no longer backs them.

In this post, a procession of Atmoriants left Ecoriobriga with the king's blessing (and his axe), and traveled across Roscrea to the home one of these Nords' 'Petty Jarls'. They attacked his town and crucified him and seventeen of his top retainers, and left a mark declaring war written in blood.

I get all that right? XD 

Anyway, I do like this version of things a lot more. It all feels much closer to home with TES, in my opinion. Like, all of this feels like it could come from Atmora and TES in general. Whereas the original Roscrea felt like it was entirely its own thing.

My only complaint about the post is more of a nitpick. It’s that crucifixions seem like an odd choice considering all the options. It would have been sick for them all to have gotten the Blood Dragon, since they revere Dov and it’s RP canon that this was an ancient practice that started with the dragon cult.

My main takeaways:

Roscrean civil war inbound. Probably gonna be short seeing how easily they were able to take out one of the biggest Petty Jarls. XD

The longboats bringing allies to Skyrim contain 'crusaders' and are about to depart. I wonder if the timing of this and the war happening at the same time was intentional.

No Druids in the post. I wonder if they’re okay with this. Or if they were involved in the plan. And if Theudofrid is aware.

Thanks for enjoying the post Doc! I'm in bed on my phone so my reply wont be too long.

To address your complaint I wanted them to do that one sort of crucifixion where they're sprung up and nailed to a single pole so it literally did look like they were the standards of war carried on the shoulder. But I couldn't find the name of that anywhere so I went with regular crucifixion. 

Ecoriobriga is the wealthiest of Roscrean kingdoms and most militarily powerful. The Roscrean Principate in the east does come close but even they cannot compare to a kingdom of near-giants. The Atmoriant population of the Middland Plateau dwarfs the Royal Roscreans in the east.

The eighteen grim gifts were the human lordships and tribute collectors of the Middland Plateau. What the Atmoriants just did was purge the human 'overlordship' over the Kingdom of Ecoriobriga and are warning the colonists in the Old Dowry, "Hey, this is your fate."

The timing of the attack was planned. The colonist warriors in the west and those Atmoriants who would aid them have have departed in droves. How convenient then that Ecoriobriga hadn't encouraged aid.

Lol it is going to be an absolute slaughter, Ecoriobriga alone could amass enough noble-led warbands of retainers and call it an army. Then walk right over the colonists now that a chunk of their warriors are sailing south.

Druids know about this. They really just weren't invited, since this rendition has them avoid the courts of rulers.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And if Theudofrid is aware.

Forgot to address this. Theudofrid would likely be aware of the growing unrest in Ecoriobriga and through contact with the Theocracy at large, knew about the procession.

It's going to likely strain his relationship with Baldur, but Theu will refuse to edict an order to stand down. Ironic since Theu would be descended from the colonists just the same.

9 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Forgot to address this. Theudofrid would likely be aware of the growing unrest in Ecoriobriga and through contact with the Theocracy at large, knew about the procession.

It's going to likely strain his relationship with Baldur, but Theu will refuse to edict an order to stand down. Ironic since Theu would be descended from the colonists just the same.

I’m assuming they’ll be keeping it secret from the warriors coming to Tamriel. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m assuming they’ll be keeping it secret from the warriors coming to Tamriel. 

I honestly don't know how I'll have Theu approach it. On one hand it will weigh very heavily on him but considering humans are the minority of the Druidic Theocracy, if he dares use his power to order the Ecoriobrigans to stand down. It will absolutely create a schism within the order and Theu knows that. Watch his kinsmen be slaughtered and/or subjugated or try to prevent it and cause the Atmoriant druids to ostracize the human element.

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

I honestly don't know how I'll have Theu approach it. On one hand it will weigh very heavily on him but considering humans are the minority of the Druidic Theocracy, if he dares use his power to order the Ecoriobrigans to stand down. It will absolutely create a schism within the order and Theu knows that. Watch his kinsmen be slaughtered and/or subjugated or try to prevent it and cause the Atmoriant druids to ostracize the human element.

If this is a fear for him, then it sounds like there is already something of a schism. The Atmoriant druids sound like they have a stance on the matter if intervening would lead to them turning against the human druids.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

If this is a fear for him, then it sounds like there is already something of a schism. The Atmoriant druids sound like they have a stance on the matter if intervening would lead to them turning against the human druids.

There's definitely a divide. Atmoriant druids can dedicated almost three times the lifetime of a human but humans have far exceeded them in natural affinity to the clever craft, nearly all the Atmoriant druids are from the Middland Plateau. Mostly because the other natives haven't the same natural affinity for the clever craft. I wanted to give the druids a tad bit of possible internal strife for a bit of fun, lets hope nobody finds a tipping point ;)

• Like 1

@TheCzarsHussar

Interesting post. I think it would’ve been better on the Origins page but it’s really not a big deal for something like this.

Strange as it was, I did enjoy it and even found it a little funny in a dark sort of way. (May your people drownXD) It was very MKish in how it felt like a very real piece of lore with little context or explanation given. Though the Nightmare header does give a hint to speculate off of.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting post. I think it would’ve been better on the Origins page but it’s really not a big deal for something like this.

Strange as it was, I did enjoy it and even found it a little funny in a dark sort of way. (May your people drownXD) It was very MKish in how it felt like a very real piece of lore with little context or explanation given. Though the Nightmare header does give a hint to speculate off of.

Thank man!

The post was of course inspired by the intro to that Pelinal video, where the elf is sadly speaking of vassalage. The Nightmare header is the only hint that post is ever getting, I wanted something reminiscent of Wulf appearing before the player right before the final fight with Dagoth Ur, except as a dark omen.

I was really nervous about posting it anywhere, and only didn't put it in origins because it really isn't anything to do with pre-RP interactions (although does hint at history). I didn't know how y'all would react to an experimental post like that.

• Like 1

My theory is that this nightmare is experienced by Theudofrid (or all druids?) and is being put in his head using similar magic to what we’ve already seen the order utilize. Probably by their leader.

My interpretations:

First paragraph is the history. Showing their blessings given to the Tamrielic rule after the years of conquest, during which time I’m guessing Bright-Hewer was made king.

The rest is now, like right now as the dream is taking place. The drum beat changing indicates that the first paragraph’s blessings are being revoked and things are about to change. Now it represents a curse, and "nine blessings" is a mockery.

First eighth is basically a "fuck you" to King Cassi directly, who I’m guessing is the current ruler of Bright-Hewer's previously blessed line (sorry if you’ve covered him before, the names are hard to keep track of).

Second is a curse on all the wealth and pleasures enjoyed by his rule. And maybe also the company he keeps.

Third is a curse on all the other human rulers beneath Cassi. The chiefs and petty jarls and what have you. And their people as well.

Fourth is a big ol’ "fuck you" to the Atmoriants. That is very interesting.

Don’t know about the fifth. Not sure what the spirit of war is.

Sixth appears to be a curse on Baldur. Again, very interesting. Also, a cool description.

Seventh is pretty self-explanatory. Curses on all the men of Tamriel. This guy is hateful.

Don’t know about the eighth either. Not sure what the chain that binds represents in this scenario. 

Ninth blessing to Talos is odd because it is the only one that doesn’t seem to be cursing the subject of the blessing. Rather, it is referring to him as the herald of doom. At least that’s what it seems.

• Thanks 1

Also interesting that the mer get no mention at all. Definitely seems to be related to the druids, considering how extremely northern-oriented it is. Most druids have probably never seen an elf, after all.

And the druids get no mention either, even though every other race and faction with any ties whatsoever to Roscrea, even Baldur and the Nords it seems, does. Makes sense if they are the ones experiencing the nightmare. 

• Thanks 1

Dude! I'm honestly surprised and very humbled you'd go and decipher my post.

First of all I really love your interpretation of the Nightmare. But to give something that might change your perspective, Bright-Hewer is King Cassivelogenos. Who's shadow is far reaching. A shrouded near-mythic figure, oft quiet as a whisper. Descendant of Mages-Under-Icekeep that except in mind going forward.

Lol I'm definitely going to make a big ass reply post, but I'd like to see how this may change how you see that post first.

• Like 1

Okay, so my initial take on Bright-Hewer remains the same, as I believe "the majestic son of the invincible Ysmir" is Uriel V (Ysmir being his ancestor Tiber). In that case, the opening paragraph only makes sense if Cassi is a historical figure, seeing as how there are no surviving Septims in the 4th era for them to be calling him a vassal of.

Not sure who the Mages-Under-Ice might be. Atmorans, perhaps, but I cannot think of a reason why they’d be called Mages.

And so now I assume the "fuck yous" were more at a now-dead Cassi's entire line and everything that has been built under their rule, rather than being specifically directed at the current king.

The fact that the post is called a nightmare still has me soundly of the belief that this is the druids, though. And it makes me very weary suddenly of their involvement in Skyrim.

The big reply post, also known as Czar's metaphysics class outside the norm.

Firstly there's a reason the latter half of the post is ordered and worded as it is. Several significant symbologies there.

Take note at the beginning the Doom Drum which interpret that any way you please, they all exist and all have been and all are true, it neither beats along or against. It simply is and states. Atmoriants are with man now, so long as vassalage and faith are kept.

Forward to the latter half.

'An age passes. The Doom Drum turns and beats a different form.' 

The Doom Drum turns and beats a different form. Once the Atmoriants walked the path of man, now the Doom Drum turns to an enemy of man and beats the form of war. A champion of man must beat the drum.

The order and choice of words for the blessing was neither random. To quickly explain them.

First blessing of One-Eighth, is to the king, the cause, the reason. May you suffer and perish.
Second blessing of One-Eighth, is towards the splendor of the king. May it all go to waste.
Third blessing of One-Eighth, is all the Atmoriants have accomplished, anything from the mundane to the arcane and all worldly knowledge. May it be destroyed, discarded and forgotten.
Forth blessing of One-Eighth, is to the very race of Atmoriants. May the all perish at the hand of the champion of man.
Fifth blessing of One-Eighth, is to the very spiritual will of the Atmoriants. The will to resist, to overcome, and destroy. May that spirit be shattered and lost.
Sixth blessing of One-Eighth, the champion of man, Baldur. May he be the instrument that brings darkness over the Atmoriants, enemies of man.
Seventh blessing of One-Eighth, the dead race, may they never find the afterlife of man.
Eighth blessing of One-Eighth, may this kalpa be your grave, may your people never a light to bring yourself from which from the Ash King brought to. Chained to the Kalpa.
Ninth blessing to TALOS, the herald of your doom.

The first five blessings are curses of woe to the Atmoriants, prophesying the doom of their people. The Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth blessings are the true blessings to the Nords, prophesying their champion, victory and destruction of the Atmoriants.

One-Eighth, a hated fraction and ill omen. The good number of eight is shattered, it's fragments reduced to the lowest possible form, while mirroring once-divinity. To evoke One-Eighth's of Eight forms a false whole with theological paradoxes of divine sciences.

The fact that the post is called a nightmare still has me soundly of the belief that this is the druids, though. And it makes me very weary suddenly of their involvement in Skyrim.

And I don’t know enough to really make any guesses as to the details of why Cassi has such a mythical reputation. Although "Bright-Hewer" is a somewhat ominous moniker now that I think about it.

>:)

• Thanks 1

Bright-Hewer is the same King Cassivelogenos as 'today', before coronated by the blessings of man, instead of Dov, to his kingship his name was Bright-Hewer. Don't take the first paragraph as a literal letter or anything, it's symbolic from the point of view of something else entirely from Tamriel, Imperialism, anything of the sort.

'Coronation of your furrowed brow, hoary and ageless' You an elderly Atmoriant, succeed your father in kingship. Reading a little closer to the eldest son of passed King Hrewldrum, in sworn vassalage to the majestic son of the invincible Ysmir. Actually hints that King Hrewldrum was the ruler at the time of Uriel's conquests, and he himself was sworn into vassalage to the majestic son of the invincible Ysmir.

Where as on the ascension of Bright-Hewer as Cassivelogenos, his tribute is to the 'Twin Red Banners'. That being Solitude's banner and the Imperial banner.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll be reading this weekend, took a break from RP duties because of a job switch recently, so I was too stressed for reading/writing

Lol no problem my dude. I'm very pleasantly surprised me and Doc are having such an in depth discussion on such a small unorthodox post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Where as on the of Bright-Hewer as Cassivelogenos, his tribute is to the 'Twin Red Banners'. That being Solitude's banner and the Imperial banner.

I figured the red banners meant Imps. Just didn’t know the second was Solitude, specifically.

Well Cassi being an Atmoriant changes a lot. This nightmare now appears to be a direct response to the recent massacre, and the curses are entirely directed at the Atmoriants on man’s behalf. The ninth blessing makes a lot more sense now.

• Like 1