Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

I think it's a fair point for a child to make. So because of that I certainly don't blame her for that.

Boldir though I'm sure was thinking of it from his perspective and knows it's not a matter of trust or that Baldur doesn't trust him. There's trusting, and then there's caring. After a certain point trust is no longer a part of the equation, and if you care you intervene. 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I think it's a fair point for a child to make. So because of that I certainly don't blame her for that.

Boldir though I'm sure was thinking of it from his perspective and knows it's not a matter of trust or that Baldur doesn't trust him. There's trusting, and then there's caring. After a certain point trust is no longer a part of the equation, and if you care you intervene. 

not a child anymore :nono: lol

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Reveal hidden contents

not a child anymore :nono: lol

Now Balrog can lay off the demon child comments. XD 

Though I think that with this post showing them finally slowed down for a decent period, it gave me a chance to depict Boldir and Mila more as they really are instead of how they behave when in “survival mode” which is what kinda started the “evil Mila” jokes.

• Like 2

@The Good Doctor

Mmmmh gotta love those Roscrea mentions, I liked how the circulation mulled the facts when travelling between mouths down to Cyrodiil. What could have started as wise men from Roscrea in Skyrim became priests from Atmora by the time it reached Boldir. I love that feel of realism.

Highlight of the post?

Yeah Boldir tossing Mila into the pond, fuck magic!

The offer is still open <:(, Boldir and Mila can live decent lives in Roscrea. Don't pull a Doc on your characters plz.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Pretty much this. Boldir knows how extreme Baldur can get. He signed off on things like torture and burning friendly Nordic farms. To him, this latest act is pretty clearly intended to be one of caring, and he knows that it’s going to be both extreme and effective because it’s Baldur.

To Mila, the problem is not so much that Baldur wants them back. It’s that he is willing to bring them back at any cost, regardless of whether or not they actually want to or if it could be bad for them -which it would in this case since they’re busy reclaiming her soul. And she considers Baldur’s decision to send people close to Boldir unforgivable. Because it’s essentially saying “drop what you’re doing and come home or be forced to kill your friends”. 

• Like 1

lOL and of course being young and somewhat brash she still hasn't considered that no one in their right mind could guess that in her attempt to survive and in Boldir's attempt to find Mila that she'd find her way in Oblivion with her soul belonging to a Daedric Lord

:lol: 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

lOL and of course being young and somewhat brash she still hasn't considered that no one in their right mind could guess that in her attempt to survive and in Boldir's attempt to find Mila that she'd find her way in Oblivion with her soul belonging to a Daedric Lord

:lol: 

She was thoughtful enough of the situation to understand that Baldur could have the good intentions of pardoning them, so she’s definitely considered his side enough to understand that he doesn’t know about the Oblivion stuff.

But it’s not so much that she expects Baldur to know exactly why they’ve gone so rogue, just that she expects him to trust that they must have a good reason or they wouldn’t have done it. Even if that reason was just escaping the dangers of Skyrim, she doesn’t consider it right that he would impede that.

Overall, Baldur and Rebec are probably the only Nords in Skyrim who would give Boldir the benefit of the doubt after hearing what happened in Riften. Even disregarding the soul thing, it’s pretty easy to think of some reasons why they wouldn’t want to return.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

She was thoughtful enough of the situation to understand that Baldur could have the good intentions of pardoning them, so she’s definitely considered his side enough to understand that he doesn’t know about the Oblivion stuff.

But it’s not so much that she expects Baldur to know exactly why they’ve gone so rogue, just that she expects him to trust that they must have a good reason or they wouldn’t have done it. Even if that reason was just escaping the dangers of Skyrim, she doesn’t consider it right that he would impede that.

Overall, Baldur and Rebec are probably the only Nords in Skyrim who would give Boldir the benefit of the doubt after hearing what happened in Riften. Even disregarding the soul thing, it’s pretty easy to think of some reasons why they wouldn’t want to return.

Well, you know Baldur. He's not one to let a friend wander around in milk land, lol. As far as he's concerned, Nord friends don't let Nord friends stay too long in milkland.

And of course he's headstrong enough to think he can protect them from the rest of Skyrim, and probably doesn't expect them to know that or how much power he's gained for that purpose.

It's a selfish thing what he did, but I don't think it's one people can blame him for aside from Mila.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well, you know Baldur. He's not one to let a friend wander around in milk land, lol. As far as he's concerned, Nord friends don't let Nord friends stay too long in milkland.

And of course he's headstrong enough to think he can protect them from the rest of Skyrim, and probably doesn't expect them to know that or how much power he's gained for that purpose.

It's a selfish thing what he did, but I don't think it's one people can blame him for aside from Mila.

Of course. I don’t think it was out of character at all, which is why Boldir is less affected by it despite having just killed a friend. He knows that his brother has a heavy hand, and as he said, he’s “never seen Baldur lose” which is why this is more or less the reaction he would expect. If they’re gonna succeed he’s gonna have to defy that. Plus, his attitude toward Grim Ones is different than Mila’s. He understands their culture, that they’re all men who signed up to die. Homeboy is in Sovngarde now.

Also, contrary to the slanderous lies about Mila XD, it isn’t exactly pleasant to her when she has to kill someone. And knowing that she and Boldir killed a friend, possibly one of the same heroes who’d been there in some of the stories she’s heard, is not a small thing. That didn’t have to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Well, in other news, Ubbe and Aetius are officially on hiatus until chapter 4, unless of course you guys want them to appear in a scene, but as far as solo posts go, yeah, pause lol

I’ve got two more posts, one mostly done and another being worked on, and then I’ll be ready to move into chapter 4 with my main characters. I figure I’ll probably play some of my side characters though before the chapter ends, depending on the plans of others.  

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1