Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

32 minutes ago, Celan said:

She did say that Dales had to give up the empire and embrace Oblivion or something. And she's got a lot of power and knowledge to be anything but connected.

Oblivion as destruction! She wants her to accept (her words) that the Empire is chronically ill, and she needs to abandon it to protect Cyrod.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oblivion as destruction! She wants her to accept (her words) that the Empire is chronically ill, and she needs to abandon it to protect Cyrod.

Lol that’s like calling your girlfriend after she dumps you and then trying to break up with her so you can say it was you.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Cyrod is the Ayleid word for it. She might be intentionally separating the two. Or trying to imply something else XD

Actually, the Ayleid word for it is Cyrodiil. Cyr meaning Heart, and Odiil meaning Land. The Imps adopted the name in full. 

Cyrod is what some foreigners call Imperials, but in Ayleidoon it might technically be gibberish.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

On your post, Celan

I'm not sure what I liked more, the line about Jhunal or the line about Mazoga. It's really fun reading about these islanders and how they're Nordic but off just enough for some funny interactions. You're consistently entertaining with them and it's great. And it's nice to be seeing more of Rebec, and how her duties as a priestess of Kyne and as a mother are affecting who she is. Especially with the upcoming war and the dangers that will have, as Arle points out. I look forward to seeing how she manages that, or if she's able to. 

Great job, as usual, Celan.

• Like 4

@Celan

BT said it better, but really good post. I enjoyed how dialogue-heavy it was with all of it being interesting and entertaining. The islanders are a hoot, and Rebec’s FUS RO was one of the best uses of the thu’um so far, just because of how funny it was. XD 

Wasn’t expecting to see Kyne’s Watch again so soon, so this was a nice surprise.

edit: Forgot to mention that I’m glad someone finally suggested that the Tongues start encorportaint their voices into regular training. A weapon like that needs to be worked into anything that they’re able to.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Aw with that mention of Jhunal it would have been nice if she mentioned the Roscreans, then again who knows how much interaction you'd want those two 'peoples' to have.

It did, sort of. She mentioned kneelers. :lol: There was no context for anything more specific than that, but it can come up later.

Thanks guys. ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Celan said:

It did, sort of. She mentioned kneelers. :lol: There was no context for anything more specific than that, but it can come up later.

Thanks guys. ;)

Ha, bend them knees Roscreans!

But with that context it gives me a greater mindset to their relations or how they see one another, goodness your islanders are gonna have a good time insulting Theudofrid :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Finished reading the post.

Hide contents

“The Skaal are our ancient enemies."

You got a friend in me.

It was an excellent post Celan, those islanders are so olderlore Nords that it makes me happy. I love the idea that the Skaal are their enemies too, do they ever raid against them?

Yep, I imagine that some of their slaves are Skaal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

At some point in the future though Celan I'd quite like a post involving Roscreans and Islanders interacting, it'd be a neat contrast seeing an isolated people endure four centuries of Imperialism with a people more Nordic then the mainland Nords.

Sure. Isn't the mage dude coming to Kyne's Watch? Have to have Rebec meet him, too. ;)

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Sure. Isn't the mage dude coming to Kyne's Watch? Have to have Rebec meet him, too. ;)

Sure is, depending on the timefame there might also be their tribal army encamped with your Islanders.

That's also why it's good you've subtly shown how they see Roscreans, wimps who submitted to the Empire.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We gotta initiate that old man into the Nord ways so he can be a proper nordic court mage :evil:

5a88eac7d9e49_Plzdont.PNG.7453c3498c513834819168162b2d1912.PNG