Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

:YesMan: This yesman emote looks really creepy for some reason.....

Yes Man is a little creepy in the game too.

On a different note, do y'all think that minotaurs would be a thing that your average Nords of Skyrim would know about by name? I know they're a big deal in Cyrodiil, but then so are kwama in Morrowind and I don't imagine most Nords knowing what those are.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

On a different note, do y'all think that minotaurs would be a thing that your average Nords of Skyrim would know about by name? I know they're a big deal in Cyrodiil, but then so are kwama in Morrowind and I don't imagine most Nords knowing what those are.

Given that they're supposedly linked more with Kyne than Milkyne I'd assume so, maybe Nords in the south of Skyrim.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Are they in any way common in the Bruma area? If not I don't expect the average Nord to know about them. If they are I think only a few in Falkreath would know about them. Guess it also depends on if there are stories in Skyrim that contain them. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

If they are I think only a few in Falkreath would know about them. Guess it also depends on if there are stories in Skyrim that contain them. 

Actually, you mentioning Falkreath reminded me that that city was invaded by a minotaur-led Reach clan in the 2nd Era, so they would most likely know about them at least.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do the Nords associate them with Kyne though? I know Cyrodiils do, but I'm not sure it's universal. And I am asking specifically about the ones in Skyrim.

That's thing, unless they're northern Colovians I don't know why they'd associate them with Kyne when they have their own variant,

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Actually, you mentioning Falkreath reminded me that that city was invaded by a minotaur-led Reach clan in the 2nd Era, so they would most likely know about them at least.

2nd Era is however a long time ago. Unless that is a common story that has been passed down or the minotaur herd that one came from still roam the nearby area, I doubt it would have much influence on the matter. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

2nd Era is however a long time ago. Unless that is a common story that has been passed down or the minotaur herd that one came from still roam the nearby area, I doubt it would have much influence on the matter. 

It’s pretty new lore, so I guess the significance of that particular story remains to be seen. But it does indicate that Minotaurs once had a presence in the southern parts of Skyrim that may have lasted beyond the 2nd era.

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Morihaus should be, had that be Brunds nickname, but not super common. Just those more knowledgeable of Kyne.

Minotaurs less so but somewhat.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

*Trembles in rage* 

So in the Metal Gear Solid Universe XOF are some of the most badass sociopaths in fatigues. Their super persietent predators tha murder the entire hospital staff (with drawn out executions because their sick fucks)

latest?cb=20140209165721

This is what Konami has turned them into in Survive...THIS IS WHAT"S BECOME OF THEM!

rXj5y80.jpg

LITERAL GARDENERS! THEY"VE TURNED THEM INTO GARDENERS, GARDENERS! IT"S LIKE IF YOU TURNED THE STORMCLOAKS INTO DAIRY FARMERS!

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

*Trembles in rage* 

So in the Metal Gear Solid Universe XOF are some of the most badass sociopaths in fatigues. Their super persietent predators tha murder the entire hospital staff (with drawn out executions because their sick fucks)

latest?cb=20140209165721

This is what Konami has turned them into in Survive...THIS IS WHAT"S BECOME OF THEM!

rXj5y80.jpg

LITERAL GARDENERS! THEY"VE TURNED THEM INTO GARDENERS, GARDENERS! IT"S LIKE IF YOU TURNED THE STORMCLOAKS INTO DAIRY FARMERS!

Ha, sucks to be a fan.