Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #23

Well, I would dispute that Nissan has improved its ratings in terms of reliability and cost of ownership- more like they've improved style at the expense of those things. Though I went with Kia myself, because I thought you got more for your money than with Toyota and Honda, and I don't like the ride on Honda cars. My co-worker has a Civic and it's noisy and bumpy, plus you have to do squats in order to get in and out of the damn thing. lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t consider anyone that upgrades a traitor of course. In fact, even if they’re sellouts I’d never even use that terminology because I don’t ascribe to the “monolith” thing even if we are united culturally.

But people make it that way by choice sometimes. They have to be seen as “different” and some of them think they have to sacrifice things about them that are “black” to do so.  

At that point it’s not about “betrayal” to me, at least not to black people, but to themselves. It’s pathetic. It’s like they think they have to throw people like them under the bus just to make it in life and that’s a lonely way to live.

I think that's more exclusive to the US. Here we don't have any "black culture", even though some of the immigrants have decided to try to adopt a more US "black gangster" appearance. Black, white or whatever you people at least seem to subscribe to the idea that you are all Americans. Here some people like to consider certain immigrants traitors for trying to be Swedish. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Yep, I was surprised I actually liked the inside of your car lol, but I knew before then that kia had stepped up. The box style ain't for me, but it wasn't as boxy as those cars used to be. Plus it's safe. And for me the inside of the car matters more than the outside.

My grandad tried to get me to buy a honda car he claimed was basically an altima. And for all intents and purposes it was, but boy was it ugly XD I do have limits to the inside over outside rule. Safe, affordable, but naaaah XDXD 

As for the Maxima, those things last forever. Mine in particular was a personal vehicle, then a rental, so there's been a lot of hands on it unfortunately, but it drives like it's brand new even still. I couldn't tell that it wasn't a new car, girl purs like my cat, lol.

And it starts from the outside of the car :lol: That was the dealer's trump card lol. Even my uncle had nothing to haggle with or say lol, they gave us as good a deal as you could get for such a car. And he's notoriously hard on dealers. Which is why I brought him lol, he's the expert. Owns seven cars now and bought I don't even know how many cars in his lifetime.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think that's more exclusive to the US. Here we don't have any "black culture", even though some of the immigrants have decided to try to adopt a more US "black gangster" appearance. Black, white or whatever you people at least seem to subscribe to the idea that you are all Americans. Here some people like to consider certain immigrants traitors for trying to be Swedish. 

As you said, we've been here longer than the Syrians have been in the Swedes. So yea we indeed have pride as Americans, even when we're talking shit about it or kneeling during the national anthem lol. I'll be damned if I let Balrog try and shit on us but I'll self deprecate all day when talking about it XD 

But that's a given since so much of American culture is centered around "black" culture. Black culture is American culture. We've contributed a lot to it, willingly and not. It's to the point now that I'm not even surprised when a white dude says he loves Kevin Gates, and no one cares or thinks it strange anymore if I say I love Metallica. Maybe a few ignorant people here and there but fuck em.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As you said, we've been here longer than the Syrians have been in the Swedes. So yea we indeed have pride as Americans, even when we're talking shit about it or kneeling during the national anthem lol. I'll be damned if I let Balrog try and shit on us but I'll self deprecate all day when talking about it XD 

But that's a given since so much of American culture is centered around "black" culture. Black culture is American culture. We've contributed a lot to it, willingly and not. It's to the point now that I'm not even surprised when a white dude says he loves Kevin Gates, and no one cares or thinks it strange anymore if I say I love Metallica. Maybe a few ignorant people here and there but fuck em.

I have argued this with the occasional actual racist that pops up on the conservative sites I read (these days really just Instapundit). They act like black Americans are in the same category as immigrants/ outsiders, but there have been black settlers as long as there have been white. Though the feeling of separation comes from both sides.

David (my BF) and I actually argue more about my anti-Americanism than social politics. He thinks to be anti-government is to downgrade the sacrifices he and others made as soldiers, and to lessen what ties us all together. He's more conservative in his stances towards police and militarism than I am. But to him, the Democrats' neo-Marxism is a continuation of the civil rights fight whereas I see it as a negation of the true basis of liberty which is the individual, not the collective. Back in the day there were a lot of black libertarians, the whole Pittsburgh school, but these were later criticized as collaborators because they weren't about "fighting the system" in the same way as the neo-Marxists.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

All I can think about watching this is the OG Knight Set in Souls, Souls 3, and what dank shit we'll get in Elden Ring :drool:

Honestly since this is Celtic/Nordic I really hope we get more early medevial-esque stuff, full helmets to be sure, but more chainmail and less plate.

1561315097323.jpg

Thats fine, kinda need a nap actually anyway XD Been a long weekend.

Got back into overwatch not that anyone cares but I'ma share anyway. Turns out I'm super good with Brigitte. Got her achievement without trying. I stun locked the Doomfist before he could punch me, he knocked me in the air, and before he could follow up I threw my mace in his face in mid air and killed him lol. Didn't even know that was an achievement. Now I has her cute spray. She's a tank and a healer rolled into one, I love it. Favorite character

Plus, the skin I got on her looks like a stormcloak.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats fine, kinda need a nap actually anyway XD Been a long weekend.

Got back into overwatch not that anyone cares but I'ma share anyway. Turns out I'm super good with Brigitte. Got her achievement without trying. I stun locked the Doomfist before he could punch me, he knocked me in the air, and before he could follow up I threw my mace in his face in mid air and killed him lol. Didn't even know that was an achievement. Now I has her cute spray. She's a tank and a healer rolled into one, I love it. Favorite character

Plus, the skin I got on her looks like a stormcloak.

And she, unlike Torbjörn, has an actual Swedish voice actress. 

• Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

I personally despise the mechanic, but i'm glad you guys were able to find enjoyment in the Chalice Dungeons XD

I still hate how they lock so many cool bosses behind something so annoying.  Hopefully if they reintroduce it in a later title there's alot of refinements. 

The only thing I find annoying about it is how clunky getting things going is sometimes, and the need to grind for chalice ritual materials. Luckily it's not a serious grind like ESO bad but still, it is annoying when the rest of the game is reliant on skill to continue.

Besides that and the clunkiness of matching up with friends at times, the actual dungeon delves and fights are quite fun, especially after you get deeper and they start pulling the indiana jones shit. They needed better loot tho. Howabout stacks of 50 for bullets, blood and other shit? That would be nice, or even better, firepaper and maybe some shit you might've missed out on in the base game. 

That and the alternate weapon types you can buy.

34 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I personally despise the mechanic, but i'm glad you guys were able to find enjoyment in the Chalice Dungeons XD

I still hate how they lock so many cool bosses behind something so annoying.  Hopefully if they reintroduce it in a later title there's alot of refinements. 

I only like them in co-op. Solo, they're a boring and repetitive slog that occasionally rewards you with a decent boss fight or punishes you further with a terrible one. The chalice ritual shit is clunky, and the grinding to get specific materials is annoying. It's the worst part of Bloodborne by far.

But I enjoy getting on the mic with Colonel and Czar, which instantly makes it 100x better.

• Thanks 1

The Yharnam Queen should have been in the fucking base game. She's a super important character in lore.  Yet they lock her in the grinding slog. A shame.

BTW the New Zelda game was announced. Honestly...looks fucking cool (and I ain't a Zelda fan) seems super dark, kinda reminds me of Souls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Yharnam Queen should have been in the fucking base game. She's a super important character in lore.  Yet they lock her.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW the New Zelda game was announced. Honestly...looks fucking cool (and I ain't a Zelda fan) looks super dark.

I’m not into Zelda either. Or Nintendo in general, really. But playing those music clips in reverse like that did a really good job of making the whole thing feel unnerving.