Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #23

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

This was in his the Cyberpunk world book he wrote way back in 1998. The last few lines ring scary true for something that’s 20 years old.

Reveal hidden contents

4C701045-1FDD-429F-8E7A-5CB108B2CF7E.jpeg.ed47276876adda167750214d69cfe8dc.jpeg 

Pretty damn crazy, guy's smart as a whip. Been looking him up more after watching Celan's vid. Wasn't a lot on him before like there is now.

It amazes me the shameless way they try and speak for him and say what he would and wouldn't allow instead of just fucking asking... How they just use his blackness to strengthen their argument against an entity they dislike. That is what GamerGate meant by "Not your shield".

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Pretty damn crazy, guy's smart as a whip. Been looking him up more after watching Celan's vid. Wasn't a lot on him before like there is now.

It amazes me the shameless way they try and speak for him and say what he would and wouldn't allow instead of just fucking asking... How they just use his blackness to strengthen their argument against an entity they dislike. That is what GamerGate meant by "Not your shield".

My favorite is the white "journalists" who then go on to whitesplain him that just because he's black, doesn't make his ideas or his creation less problematic. I even agree that someone's racial identity doesn't give them carte blanche, I'm an individualist and the only thing that matters to me is someone's individual identity. But it's so pompous and hypocritical from these loons who do subscribe to identitarian politics.

Another YT vid pointed out that some of these "journalists" have commercial reasons to dis CDPR because they work for companies with commercial ties to Epic Games, and GOG.com is a threat. Whether that's true or not, it seems so ironic and appropriate to Cyberpunk's dystopia.

• Like 2

So the Star Wars cartoon Galaxy of Adventure just confirmed that fan theory that's been going on a decade ago, Rex was the Old Man on Endor XD Fuck yeah. 

37c8q33bsk431.jpg

Everyone thought Rebels made it canon, but Dave Filoni clarified the reference to him fighting on Endor and the outfit was just a nod to the theory and he thought it wasn't his place to put Rex in there. Seems like Disney liked it enough XD

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Celan said:

Another YT vid pointed out that some of these "journalists" have commercial reasons to dis CDPR because they work for companies with commercial ties to Epic Games, and GOG.com is a threat. Whether that's true or not, it seems so ironic and appropriate to Cyberpunk's dystopia.

I feel this is a little superficial though. 

PCGamer, whose KNOWN to be fucking bought out by Epic (Epic hosted there E3 conference and gave them a buttload of cash) previews for Cyberpunk were super positive. Can someone...not like a game? I heard the gunplay is a little stiff (which I have no problem with because it's an RPG, but maybe that aspect of a game is super important to someone else) If the criticisms are not something dumb, and legit gameplay concerns, I think it's okay not to like a game. 

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dunno who the fuck you're talking about XD 

Rex is a character from Clone Wars and Rebels (He was designed by Lucas to be the face of the Clone Troopers on the show), Anakins Second in Command, a Clone Officer. He fought in both the Republic and the Rebellion to restore the Republic, By coincidence there's a character who looks ALOT like him Return of the Jedi, this Rebel Commando in Endor, and it become an extremely popular fan theory, because they were both active at exactly the same time, and they look very similar (down to there beard, eyebrows, and mustache looking exactly the same) 

Star-Wars-Rebels-Return-Jedi-Captain-Rex

Disney just confirmed, through a retcon, it was indeed him. 

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Can someone...not like a game? I heard the gunplay is a little stiff (which I have no problem with because it's an RPG, but maybe that aspect of a game is super important to someone else) If the criticisms are not something dumb, and legit gameplay concerns, I think it's okay not to like a game.

Nothing wrong with not liking a game, but seeing as how that was alpha gameplay released three years before the game is now set to be released, that seems like a strange reason to jump on it at this time. And if someone has seen everything out so far and it just doesn't appeal to them at all, that's fine too. But that's personal opinion, not objective criticism.

Most of the complaining I've seen has just been nannies getting bent out of shape over sexualized trannies and the hero shooting a black dude. No idea if the people doing the whining are considered mainstream or not, though. Or if they have ties to Epic. But if they are mainstream, then as a general rule I just kind of take it as a given that they're bought.

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

My boy Rex still out there kickin ass :cry: tears of joy boys. Tears of fucking joy

One of the very few characters who fought from the start of the Clone Wars all the way to the final battle of the Empire. Crazy if you think about it.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nothing wrong with not liking a game, but seeing as how that was alpha gameplay released three years before the game is now set to be released, that seems like a strange reason to jump on it at this time. And if someone has seen everything out so far and it just doesn't appeal to them at all, that's fine too. But that's personal opinion, not objective criticism.

Most of the complaining I've seen has just been nannies getting bent out of shape over sexualized trannies and the hero shooting a black dude. No idea if the people doing the whining are considered mainstream or not, though. Or if they have ties to Epic. But if they are mainstream, then as a general rule I just kind of take it as a given that they're bought.

Exactly. As I told Tijhan it’s almost purely a small minority, but it’s a vocal minority, and they all have another reason to dislike the game besides it’s own merits.

That said, even Celan was doubtful in the past :whistling:XD but I’ll give her a pass since she wasn’t dissing the game, she just wasnt hyped from the trailer we saw like the rest of us.

Meanwhile these cheese ass game “journalists” and fans are either latching onto some vague criticism like “weak gunplay”, which yea, is friggin hilarious for an rpg, and already looks better in that regard than most, even Fallout 4, and that’s the best thing about that garbage, and then move right on to their real gripe, which is some sjw crap.

The best thing is the people complaining are more racist than anyone else, none of this shit about animals and black people ever even popped into my mind until I read the complaints... Plus, I doubt most of these well to do white people even mess with black folks like that besides maybe to fuck and fetishize. Reminds me of this:

DE58972F-89C3-4891-9243-E9ECC5FA8EAB.jpeg

At this point I’m not just preordering Cyberpunk because it’s almost guaranteed to be the game of our generation, I’m buying it, and whatever collectors edition they dish out in support of CDPR and in protest to these bitches plaguing the industry.

If I had to give any sort of “criticism” though or rather say something I want to see that I haven’t yet, it’d be unique weapons. I wanna go blade runner with That Gun, or their equivalent lol. Celan made me appreciate that movie a lot more than I did originally. New one was surprisingly good too. Always paranoid they’ll fuck up when they decide to do sequels to old movies.

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The best thing is the people complaining are more racist than anyone else, none of this shit about animals and black people ever even popped into my mind until I read the complaints... Plus, I doubt most of these well to do white people even mess with black folks like that besides maybe to fuck and fetishize. Reminds me of this:

DE58972F-89C3-4891-9243-E9ECC5FA8EAB.jpeg

Sounds like we have one thing heavily in common between our countries. 

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!