Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #23

Which of course doesn’t coincide with more accepting, quite the contrary despite what the media portrays. In cities people like to celebrate how diverse they are even when racial tensions are rampant.

In the south people like to talk about how divided we are, but in reality no one gives a shit what you are, and for the most part we’re polite to one another. There’s definitely some issues but the real division is class. Money. Not race.

Cities have both.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I'd say it follows a similar pattern here. Urban areas have always been rather liberal here, though it used to mainly only be in the form of market liberalism, which was considered to be on the right. It's only relatively recently that the cultural liberalism has come into our society which has coincided with the huge upswing of immigrants coming to the country. This kind of liberalism is mostly concentrated with the well doing middle class, whom has been reported to move out of a neighborhood as soon as it gets too diverse. Segregation is quite rampant here. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The best thing is the people complaining are more racist than anyone else, none of this shit about animals and black people ever even popped into my mind until I read the complaints..

What got me is that this was somehow offensive while the Black Panther movie was universally praised for its depiction of black people and championed as this ultimate progressive movie (though I’d dispute that, the Wakandans were very nationalistic and even had a wall :P), and it had an African tribe of gorilla cosplayers as one of the main good guy factions.

I liked the gorilla dudes and ain’t knocking them, but to me that seems like, by their standards, a whole tribe of black dudes acting like gorillas and even communicating in grunts would be at least as offensive as this violent gang calling themselves the 'Animals'. But I guess because it was progressive Hollywood making a movie about Africa instead of racissss Poland making a game about a dystopia, the standards aren’t the same.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If I had to give any sort of “criticism” though or rather say something I want to see that I haven’t yet, it’d be unique weapons. I wanna go blade runner with That Gun, or their equivalent lol. Celan made me appreciate that movie a lot more than I did originally. New one was surprisingly good too. Always paranoid they’ll fuck up when they decide to do sequels to old movies.

I was under the impression that that badass lock-on gun that V found in a case during the 40 minute gameplay thing was supposed to be unique. If so, then I’m not too worried on that front as that thing was ridiculously cool. 

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I feel this is a little superficial though. 

PCGamer, whose KNOWN to be fucking bought out by Epic (Epic hosted there E3 conference and gave them a buttload of cash) previews for Cyberpunk were super positive. Can someone...not like a game? I heard the gunplay is a little stiff (which I have no problem with because it's an RPG, but maybe that aspect of a game is super important to someone else) If the criticisms are not something dumb, and legit gameplay concerns, I think it's okay not to like a game. 

It's because the criticism is so petty and so immediate, like they're grasping at anything negative to say. But I did say "if it's true." I think myself that it's a bit too nebulous to say it's financially motivated. More like the fact that Polygon is owned by Vox and Kotaku is owned by Univision, both extremely liberal media outlets, they're playing to what they perceive as their market. All woke all the time.

PC Gamer is off my read list forever.

41 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I'd say it follows a similar pattern here. Urban areas have always been rather liberal here, though it used to mainly only be in the form of market liberalism, which was considered to be on the right. It's only relatively recently that the cultural liberalism has come into our society which has coincided with the huge upswing of immigrants coming to the country. This kind of liberalism is mostly concentrated with the well doing middle class, whom has been reported to move out of a neighborhood as soon as it gets too diverse. Segregation is quite rampant here. 

I mostly stay out of politics on social media (I could bang my head against a wall and get more profit from it), but on occasion when I do and people see I'm not liberal, it's not long before I get accused of being racist and they doubt I'm female because I must be sexist, too. It comes from an inability to see any other view as legitimate. The far left is more of a priesthood than a political philosophy. Everyone outside them is taboo and must be destroyed.

Now I'm not talking about everyday working class Democrats, like my boyfriend, though he trusts these loons in media way too much.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

I mostly stay out of politics on social media (I could bang my head against a wall and get more profit from it), but on occasion when I do and people see I'm not liberal, it's not long before I get accused of being racist and they doubt I'm female because I must be sexist, too. It comes from an inability to see any other view as legitimate. The far left is more of a priesthood than a political philosophy. Everyone outside them is taboo and must be destroyed.

Now I'm not talking about everyday working class Democrats, like my boyfriend, though he trusts these loons in media way too much.

I don't really follow politics on social media either. My observations mostly stem from what certain journalists like to write while also living in a very segregated middle class neighborhood and whatever outrage on social media manages to reach the more mainstream media. 

• Like 1

@Celan

Working class Democrats do the same exact thing, assuming white people are racists or black conservatives are race traitors or uncle toms. And it doesn’t help that some of them are indeed sellouts. As soon as a nigga gets some cash they act different... been like that since slavery days.

51 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What got me is that this was somehow offensive while the Black Panther movie was universally praised for its depiction of black people and championed as this ultimate progressive movie (though I’d dispute that, the Wakandans were very nationalistic and even had a wall :P), and it had an African tribe of gorilla cosplayers as one of the main good guy factions.

I liked the gorilla dudes and ain’t knocking them, but to me that seems like, by their standards, a whole tribe of black dudes acting like gorillas and even communicating in grunts would be at least as offensive as this violent gang calling themselves the 'Animals'. But I guess because it was progressive Hollywood making a movie about Africa instead of racissss Poland making a game about a dystopia, the standards aren’t the same.

That’s from the comics. In fact the comics were worse lol and the badass mountain dudes that loved gorillas had a leader that looked like an actual gorilla...

XD So yea, the movie was better.

But, the wakandans weren’t the reason, Killmonger was. In fact I loved that they portrayed the split between African Americans and actual Africans. They don’t fuck with us like that in real life either, not all of them anyway.

We’re different, racially and culturally. It’s just fact.

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

In their defense I’d bounce too just because if something happened to my wife or daughter, I’ll be dropping shells on all of em.

But that’s the thing, they open the doors to all the immigrants and let the rest of us deal with the consequences.

21 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@Celan

Working class Democrats do the same exact thing, assuming white people are racists or black conservatives are race traitors or uncle toms. And it doesn’t help that some of them are indeed sellouts. As soon as a nigga gets some cash they act different... been like that since slavery days.

I really hate the concept of race traitor and the like because one assimilates into larger cultural society. Granted, it's probably because here segregation like that is relatively new while you've had it since the US began. 

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In their defense I’d bounce too just because if something happened to my wife or daughter, I’ll be dropping shells on all of em.

But that’s the thing, they open the doors to all the immigrants and let the rest of us deal with the consequences.

Ironically the thing is because of the heavy segregation here the majority of the people that suffer from the consequences of unchecked immigration are the immigrants themselves. 

27 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@Celan

Sometimes. They absorb that attitude from the media. I consider that more of a lazy mental habit, stereotyping people- which we all do, to an extent.

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Ironically the thing is because of the heavy segregation here the majority of the people that suffer from the consequences of unchecked immigration are the immigrants themselves. 

Yes, and a lot of the people supporting open borders are rich enough that they never need to be threatened by having their wages undercut. On the contrary, they get cheap lawn care, childcare, etc., so to them it's all win. The only exception are people who work lower levels in IT, who are undercut by immigration from India and China.

I didn't support Ted Cruz, but he had the single best campaign ad I've ever seen. It's so profoundly true.

12 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I really hate the concept of race traitor and the like because one assimilates into larger cultural society. Granted, it's probably because here segregation like that is relatively new while you've had it since the US began. 

I don’t consider anyone that upgrades a traitor of course. In fact, even if they’re sellouts I’d never even use that terminology because I don’t ascribe to the “monolith” thing even if we are united culturally.

But people make it that way by choice sometimes. They have to be seen as “different” and some of them think they have to sacrifice things about them that are “black” to do so.  

At that point it’s not about “betrayal” to me, at least not to black people, but to themselves. It’s pathetic. It’s like they think they have to throw people like them under the bus just to make it in life and that’s a lonely way to live.

Nice ride, that's a lot like your Cruze but probably an upgrade. Though I think Honda and Toyota are overall better cars. But congrats anyway. :)

A lot of political/social debates these days come down to control. Our society is so fragmented, we no longer have a general consensus around Judeo-Christian/ Enlightenment values, so if you're a faction leader, you have to control your people somehow. Since we're not totalitarian (yet), that comes down to social stigma and economic control. Since we're not going back to a consensus any time soon, this is why I embrace radical individualism and a degree of philosophical anarchy. The only way to preserve liberty and pluralism together is that each person and their immediate circle is respected within their own sphere, and doesn't interfere with anyone else's sphere.

• Thanks 1

This ain't nuthin like the cruz lol that thing was a bicycle compared to the Maxima XD 

But thank you :) I don't have anything against Honda or Toyota, they're good reliable cars like Nissan, and I was honestly never a Nissan fan until I saw their newer cars. They've come up in the world for certain, like Kia.

Only thing is Honda and Toyota are too feminine for me. My cruz was neutral. This time I figured I'd finally get a more masculine car. It's also considered a sports class car, which means two things.

1. I'll probably get another ticket XD

2. My insurance bill is higher XD 

But it's fun as fuck, lol. Very very smooth effortless driving. That much the cruz has in common.

• Like 1

Lemme rephrase, the cars from honda and toyota in my price range were mostly too feminine lol. Honda especially has some beastly sports cars and higher end cars. Like the NRX I think it's called. But aside from that all I'd probably get (that I can afford) is maybe a civic.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Love every time youtube suggests this video, watch it every time it does :P

All I can think about watching this is the OG Knight Set in Souls, Souls 3, and what dank shit we'll get in Elden Ring :drool:

• Like 1