Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #36

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That's because you have trash taste XD 

Alien and Aliens are equals in quality. They belong to two different sub-genres (Kind of like Resident Evil Classic vs Resident Evil 4) of horror, action horror and pure horror. You can argue about which genre you prefer, but I consider them both perfect movies. 

Shut up, weeb

Really wish they didn't kill off Sarah Conner with T3, I want to say the first movie mentioned that she survived judgement day and trained John Conner to be the badass he was depicted in the og movie. Granted I know the timeline changed after T2.

Would have been cooler in my book to have an older Linda Hamilton play a more serious elderly Sarah in the newer reboots/resets/whateverthefucktheyares

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Really wish they didn't kill off Sarah Conner with T3

I just ignore everything after T2. The whole story is wrapped up perfectly in that movie.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Would have been cooler in my book to have an older Linda Hamilton play a more serious elderly Sarah in the newer reboots

That’s what they did in the newest one, Dark Fate. And it is the worst thing ever. 

For Obi Wan I realize it''s low grade fanservice but I genuinely thought the finale Darth Vader vs Obi Wan fight (and their final conversation were both of them are crying) was amazing. So it would be more accurate to say I loved the finale, and thought the rest of the show was mediocre filler XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I think I’ll reserve my opinions for another time when I can rant without restraint. XD Speaking of, thinking I’ll hop on the ol’ Xbox party chat some time this weekend if anyone wants to listen to my bitching.

I'm down XD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Really wish they didn't kill off Sarah Conner with T3, I want to say the first movie mentioned that she survived judgement day and trained John Conner to be the badass he was depicted in the og movie. Granted I know the timeline changed after T2.

Would have been cooler in my book to have an older Linda Hamilton play a more serious elderly Sarah in the newer reboots/resets/whateverthefucktheyares

The short-lived TV series with "Queen Cersei" Lena Headey was really good, if you get a chance to see it.

17 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I finished Carmilla XD I read it a very long time ago, but I pretty much forgot most of the details, but I really liked it. It's crazy to think it came out twenty years before Dracula. I think Dracula is better, but Carmilla is alot easier of a read cause its pretty shorty (only about a hundred and fifty pages) and I guess you can consider it a "prototype" to the Vampire Genre. It's funny cause it had two elements me and Doc talked about; I think the Oblivion Vampire nightmares were inspired by it, cause when the protagonist Laura is being slowly fed upon, she had this creepy surreal nightmares that are very descriptive. Oh and it was actually dripping in homoerotism without naming the big G word...but its all from the lense a Victorian era writer, so it's kinda funny XD

Covert art for my copy was cool too.

It also inspired one of Maggie's novels. ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

The short-lived TV series with "Queen Cersei" Lena Headey was really good, if you get a chance to see it.

It’s been a while since I watched it. I remember liking Lena in it quite a bit, but can hardly remember John and vaguely remember thinking that the Terminator chick was kind of annoying.

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I haven’t yet. Heard it’s good though.

Glad, because I loved season 1. Then season 2 was terrible and I didn’t even finish 3. 

I tried watching it but I just can't anymore, I'm over it.

Dune 2 is coming out in November 2023. I don't know how I'm going to cope with the wait.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s been a while since I watched it. I remember liking Lena in it quite a bit, but can hardly remember John and vaguely remember thinking that the Terminator chick was kind of annoying.

The Terminator chick was basically her Firefly character. I think the fact of two female leads did sink the series. People want to see muscles. XD 

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Dune 2 is coming out in November 2023. I don't know how I'm going to cope with the wait.

I’m coping by telling myself that it gives me plenty of time to finish the book. XD 

Just now, Celan said:

The Terminator chick was basically her Firefly character. I think the fact of two female leads did sink the series. People want to see muscles. XD 

Probably. Arnie was made of muscle and the guy from T2 was like the living embodiment of uncanny valley. Following those acts would be difficult for anyone, but a tiny lady who struggles to look or act very intimidating probably wasn’t the way to do it.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m coping by telling myself that it gives me plenty of time to finish the book. XD 

Probably. Arnie was made of muscle and the guy from T2 was like the living embodiment of uncanny valley. Following those acts would be difficult for anyone, but a tiny lady who struggles to look or act very intimidating probably wasn’t the way to do it.

Dune is a pretty hard read even with such glowing material XD What I do is I take two hours or so out at the end of the day before I sleep, and I find I can tear through books. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dune is a pretty hard read even with such glowing material XD What I do is I take two hours or so out at the end of the day before I sleep, and I find I can tear through books. 

It being hard isn’t what keeps me from finishing. I’m just slow as sin because I dont want to finish. XD 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fair enough XD But there's five other amazing Dune books written by Herbert to enjoy after you finish XD  

Don't read doc.

They get progressively darker, poor Paul just didn't have it in him to enact the Golden Path.

Was it Herbert or his son that wrote that once humanity recovered and advanced past God-Emperor Leto (just as he planned) that fucking psychic aliens got curb stomped by humanity? :rofl: