Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #36

Has anyone watched Häxan before? 

It's a really cool silent film from the 20's. Though I debate if I should call it a film, it's more like a visual essay that uses film and orchestra to get it's themes across. It's an examination of Witch-craft, and it's aim is to equate it with mental illness and "hysterics" as they knew them, in the modern age XD What makes it really memorable is it's depiction of the supernatural, it's really fucking creepy with it's demonic imagery.

tumblr_msmtn2f27o1re1poeo1_1280.jpg

haxan.jpg

iu-18.gif?resize=500,375&ssl=1

Even has a baby-boiling scene from the fucking 20's. It's probably the very first "gore-movie". 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I had no idea that was a thing. XD 

It's not really a remake the director just used the name to give attention to his project, if I remeber, it was about Nate Turner's revolt XD The movie was mediocre, and it was overshadowed by the media circus around it. (Even moreso when the director got a ton of really bad sexual misconduct allegations) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: Why in the world are so many devs from this particular company so salty over another game’s success?

It's even more stupid in context of that photo; Elden Ring has an 9and also got a 10 from IGN (Who even gives a fuck about IGN in 2022?!) XD It's fucking retarded. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, kinda weird that a Horizon dev’s got a Naughty Dog character as his avatar.

I think an Ellie Part 2 avatar is the cherry on top XD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think an Ellie Part 2 avatar is the cherry on top XD

I mean, you like what you like, I guess. But if I was partly responsible for creating a whole world of unique characters like Horizon, I’d want to use one of them as my avatar instead of someone else’s. Like, it’s a matter of pride in what you made, ya know?

But I don’t want to read much into that when the Elden Ring thing is so much more evident. Is it seriously just bitterness that most people liked it better than Horizon? Like, if they’d been competing with Witcher 3, would these devs have hated CDPR instead? Cause that’s freaking petty right there.