Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/108855/the-outer-worlds-preview-flaws-in-the-system%3famphtml=1

Okay. I’m excited.

“Character building will be a central component in The Outer Worlds. The game will start off with the main character working to unlock their own ship. The ship will act as the game's central hub, allowing for fast travel, inventory storage, and which also acts as a home to companions. Companions are far more than passive tag-alongs here. They will have their own dialogue, speak frequently, and interject in conversations. This not only makes the party system a little more dynamic, but also offers up some freedom in regards to dialogue and character building.

One sample conversation saw the main character's companion ask their own questions and cut in whenever necessary. Dialogue options are numerous. Some selections will advance the missions, some will trigger hostility in the other person, and some will advance some of the player's character traits. There's also a new type of response usable in conversations called the Dumb response. This shows off the main character's gullibility or idiocy, at which point the companion will play the straight person and move the quest along. It essentially allows players to craft their own moronic protagonist, like a Chris Pratt type. Over the course of the game, additional dialogue choices may be made available, depending on the player's attributes and skills.”

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/108855/the-outer-worlds-preview-flaws-in-the-system%3famphtml=1

Okay. I’m excited.

Hide contents

“Character building will be a central component in The Outer Worlds. The game will start off with the main character working to unlock their own ship. The ship will act as the game's central hub, allowing for fast travel, inventory storage, and which also acts as a home to companions. Companions are far more than passive tag-alongs here. They will have their own dialogue, speak frequently, and interject in conversations. This not only makes the party system a little more dynamic, but also offers up some freedom in regards to dialogue and character building.

One sample conversation saw the main character's companion ask their own questions and cut in whenever necessary. Dialogue options are numerous. Some selections will advance the missions, some will trigger hostility in the other person, and some will advance some of the player's character traits. There's also a new type of response usable in conversations called the Dumb response. This shows off the main character's gullibility or idiocy, at which point the companion will play the straight person and move the quest along. It essentially allows players to craft their own moronic protagonist, like a Chris Pratt type. Over the course of the game, additional dialogue choices may be made available, depending on the player's attributes and skills.”

JE Sawyer has talked about how back in New Vegas someone wanted to have interjecting companions but they couldn’t get it to work. It’s awesome to see that they’ve figured it out and that the dialogue system is so expansive. I’m definitely hyped for this now

In honor of the 77th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, I’m gonna get drunk as fuck and pour one out for the brothers lost. You either die a lion at 20 or a sheep at 70 and those men died lions. Doubt they would’ve wanted it any other way! 

Also here’s some spicy memes

FCBADFBF-5C4E-4838-94CB-78D14F4381A7.thumb.jpeg.d0e15490415607cdb24d4e3924e57fae.jpeg2A722BED-1734-4C4F-9C47-8CD1AEFB7354.thumb.jpeg.e73e363b9c867bbce30e32c152fca93f.jpeg

Fuck:dntknw:

14 minutes ago, Centurion said:

In honor of the 77th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, I’m gonna get drunk as fuck and pour one out for the brothers lost. You either die a lion at 20 or a sheep at 70 and those men died lions. Doubt they would’ve wanted it any other way! 

Also here’s some spicy memes

Reveal hidden contents

FCBADFBF-5C4E-4838-94CB-78D14F4381A7.thumb.jpeg.d0e15490415607cdb24d4e3924e57fae.jpeg2A722BED-1734-4C4F-9C47-8CD1AEFB7354.thumb.jpeg.e73e363b9c867bbce30e32c152fca93f.jpeg

I'd personally pour out to the 100'000's of Japanese civillians murdered by the atom bomb, and the thousands who died of radiation and cancer later that you're making fun of. 

My aunt got cancer, which they think was caused by radiation her mother got from that fucking shit. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd personally pour out to the 100'000's of Japanese civillians murdered by the atom bomb, and the thousands who died of radiation and cancer later that you're making fun of. 

Reveal hidden contents

My aunt got cancer, which they think was caused by radiation her mother got from that fucking shit. 

Not gonna get me with your guilt tripping today. Sorry.

Fuck:dntknw:

Yeah I was going to say something, though on the other side it was the imperial ambitions of both Japan and Germany that were the cause of suffering for not just their own countrymen. I mean, read The Rape of Nanking- the Japanese were at it even before what we know as WWII.

Anyway I don't celebrate militarism for its own sake, I think 99% of the time we should be minding our fucking business, but the 1% that is actual defense of the innocent makes such sacrifices worth honoring.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yeah I was going to say something, though on the other side it was the imperial ambitions of both Japan and Germany that were the cause of suffering for not just their own countrymen. I mean, read The Rape of Nanking- the Japanese were at it even before what we know as WWII.

Anyway I don't celebrate militarism for its own sake, I think 99% of the time we should be minding our fucking business, but the 1% that is actual defense of the innocent makes such sacrifices worth honoring.

Imperial Japan deserved the ass kicking they got, I agree. WW2 was entirely on the Axis

But i hope you guys can understand why I felt offended by that picture, I know someone very close that's been affected horribly by the dropping of the atom bomb. I apologise if you think i'm being a bitch or whatever.

You can argue that it was a necessary (and it did make sure a prolonged and very painful invasion of Japan didn't happen) but i'll never make light of a wholescale civilian slaughter like it. 

That's the final thing i'll say.

• Like 2

You can have a dark sense of humor lol, I do too but Balrog and others are free to take the jokes how they will in the same breath.

As far as I’m concerned, the Japanese at the time asked for it, but I’m not gonna revel in the deaths of innocents no matter who they are. And I only really start shit talking about WW2 when someone shits on us for what we did.

It was absolutely necessary as far as I’m concerned, thanks to their shitty gov’t. But they’re a victim of it same as we were.

And I’ll remind people that our gov’t was doing tests on their own black soldiers while the Japanese were experimenting on their citizens, Russians and the like.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee