Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sounds just like something the Illuminati would say.

They’re even obsessed with Jhunal, whose totem is an owl. And why do you think they immediately started mingling with High Rock? They have the banks! Open your eyes, people! 

They're freaking DEMONS!

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In seeing the new post I realized I never got around to reading Centurion's and lol, after our discussion about the fox and snake, who knows how that conversation with them will go XD I like it tho, especially the beginning with A B C's for barbarians :rofl: A book probably intended for Ragna slipped into the pile lol. That's what he'll go with.

Lmao I was wondering if you'd ever get to it! :rofl: Yeah I like to include little comedic things in my posts as jokes initially that I take out later, but then on occasion my rambling ass mind just comes up with gems that I have to leave or I'll put a reference to the joke later in the post and then I feel obligated to leave it, but yeah, pre-release posts from me are littered with random funny bullshit that usually gets cut because it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

Druids OP plz nerf. :P 

@TheCzarsHussar

Well that was creepy. I hope there is some sort of limit to this kind of ability, because that seems to place the druids beyond mortal levels. What's to stop them from just killing all the elven generals in their sleep? Or, theoretically, anyone else they have a problem with. Can they only do it in Roscrea?

On another note, I was wondering what direction things would go in for the island. Instituting martial law seems outside the Empire's purview considering it's not their island, so it looks like there's gonna be a war unless Skyrim intervenes or one side gives up on this. No way the Roscreans will, so really it's a matter of how many resources the Empire is willing to throw at this island with GW2 on the horizon. It may be wisest them to just take the hit, pull out, and try again in a few years provided the elves don't leave them too damaged to make such a move.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Druids OP plz nerf. :P 

@TheCzarsHussar

Hide contents

Well that was creepy. I hope there is some sort of limit to this kind of ability, because that seems to place the druids beyond mortal levels. What's to stop them from just killing all the elven generals in their sleep? Or, theoretically, anyone else they have a problem with. Can they only do it in Roscrea?

On another note, I was wondering what direction things would go in for the island. Instituting martial law seems outside the Empire's purview considering it's not their island, so it looks like there's gonna be a war unless Skyrim intervenes or one side gives up on this. No way the Roscreans will, so really it's a matter of how many resources the Empire is willing to throw at this island with GW2 on the horizon. It may be wisest them to just take the hit, pull out, and try again in a few years provided the elves don't leave them too damaged to make such a move.

Because in an old post with the Prelate and Mr. Druidleader I subtly (maybe a little too much

:P) had it where he was ensnared by Galchobhar, I told Balrog about it and had his blessing. But basically this was a long time in the making. But no he can't do it anywhere, took a long time to even prepare it and I tried to make it seem like he really didn't want to exert himself in the Theu post.

Also it's not all of Roscrea that the Empire de facto controls, it's the largest isle off the cost of Roscrea. Basically nobody is making any big moves, the Roscreans aren't quite prepared to storm in and take it back and the Empire doesn't have the numbers or resources to mount a second invasion. They have control over that isle because the natives sided with them again.

Interesting developments.

Endar seems to have made a Faustian bargain with the cube. Should be interesting if he encounters Mila and Boldir in KW.

One small nitpick- the post mentions healing scurvy- I doubt that would be an issue for a short voyage between Windhelm and KW. I've said that it only takes a couple days. Rebec can do it in 1 1/2 days because she sails full on at night, otherwise and with fog maybe 3 days.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Celan said:

Interesting developments.

Hide contents

Endar seems to have made a Faustian bargain with the cube. Should be interesting if he encounters Mila and Boldir in KW.

One small nitpick- the post mentions healing scurvy- I doubt that would be an issue for a short voyage between Windhelm and KW. I've said that it only takes a couple days. Rebec can do it in 1 1/2 days because she sails full on at night, otherwise and with fog maybe 3 days.

I don’t know much about ship speeds, but given the map sizes we’ve been using for other travel times, that seems to me like an exceptionally quick journey. KW to Windhelm is nearly the entire breadth of Skyrim. Not exactly a short voyage.

That said, I also know zilch about scurvy. Maybe they already had it. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I think any time passage is going to be speculative, so no comment there. You can make it as long as you need for your on-ship scenes.

As for scurvy, it happens due to lack of fresh produce, which would mean voyages of months at sea where your stores would run out. Hugging the coast of Skyrim wouldn't pose any risk of that. It could be an epidemic of rockjoint or something- which would also mean you would have to stay at sea longer.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Did I really say something about scurvy?

You wrote that Illorwe was helping the sailers with it and that Theudofrid joined in so as to not be outdone by an elf. I think you might’ve asked me permission to have her do that at the time, and I gave the OK because I didn’t actually know how scurvy worked or how long it took to get. 

@Celan

It was just a nitpick, but now my head is swimming with the possibilities of how much fun it could’ve been to have a rockjoint outbreak on the ship. I really wish I’d thought of that. Could’ve comically forced Endar to interact with Theudofrid so they could fix everybody up.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Celan

It was just a nitpick, but now my head is swimming with the possibilities of how much fun it could’ve been to have a rockjoint outbreak on the ship. I really wish I’d thought of that. Could’ve comically forced Endar to interact with Theudofrid so they could fix everybody up.

You haven't landed yet. You could be quarantined. Rebec would have all sorts of theories about what went wrong with the voyage. XD 

Just now, Celan said:

You haven't landed yet. You could be quarantined. Rebec would have all sorts of theories about what went wrong with the voyage. XD 

Though I doubt if a few cases of rockjoint would last very long on a ship containing a Roscrean Archdruid, a Psijic Monk, and a Telvanni wizard who spent enough time studying diseases to have come up with a theoretical way of dealing with Peryite’s plague. 

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

👀

:rofl:  I mean, it ain’t exactly easy to find subjects to test. We’ll just call it an experimental treatment in the case of Theo’s family. 

Another thing I just remembered. Endar’s servant Elara cured that little girl’s rockjoint back at the Thorn Lodge, which she learned how to do from him. So there’s precedence for this exact problem.

• Haha 1