Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Brund would’ve been her best influence tbh..

Wouldve put her on the true path to glory, the great conquered we all know she’ll end up being!

I can see it now. In some alternate universe where Brund didn't become Jarl and duel Baldur. He's still a General, walking down the dock at Kyne's Watch weeks before they're set to sail for Valenwood. He's dwelling on that time Baldur's teenage apprentice kicked his teenage apprentice's ass in Solitude. He passes an unassuming girl and pauses. Something feels off about her. She ain't big, she probably ain't even a Nord. But he can sense it... the raw potential.

Round 2, you sons of bitches.

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Figures a giant flaming Lizard of destruction and hatred would get along most with the girl whose going to cost Boldir tens of thousands of dollarenoies on fucking bills for a psychologist XD 

:rofl: 

Maybe she’s saving him that money by using the hatred lizard as a psychologist instead. XD 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe she’s saving him that money by using the hatred lizard as a psychologist instead. XD 

*Mila's lying on a doctor's chair* 

"Yeah I just have these violent fantasies where I want to kill everyone!" 

Naafy wearing a labcoat and has a pair of glasses, "Have you considered...burning them alive? It's very soothing, and relaxes the muscles."

• Haha 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

That wasn’t far from what happened. Minus Mila being a psychopath. XD She said she had problems with Baldur and he was like “well fucking kill him then, pussy!”

I know, I think Naafy calling Baldur the "Empress lookalike" is one of the greatest lines in the fucking RP 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m liking the political developments going on and the possible daedric influence that comes along with Javolia (a name I’ll remember pretty dang easily XD it’s nice to see the results and possible implications of all the crazy going on though I don’t like Tacitus being in this predicament. He’s too badass to get worked over by these goons.

Who all was involved in the post?

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I agree with Colonel. At some point I want Tacticus to fucking just go on a blood crazed killing spree, and lop off their heads mother fucking Sulla style 

XD 

Like I said in the PM really like it. Politics are not my forte in writing, so i'm glad ya'll can give Cyrodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllefhy8wvghjshb (XD) the limelight it deserves in that regard. But it does kinda annoy me he's trapped in this situation through blackmail to start with. 

When it comes to their predictions about the Empress...ehhhh I hope Dales won't decide to burn her political enemies, and I doubt she will...but she'll hold the fear of said burning as a tool to be certain XD  (She's going to feed some rapists and criminals to Naafy though) She'll search for allies certainly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I’m liking the political developments going on and the possible daedric influence that comes along with Javolia (a name I’ll remember pretty dang easily XD it’s nice to see the results and possible implications of all the crazy going on though I don’t like Tacitus being in this predicament. He’s too badass to get worked over by these goons.

Who all was involved in the post?

Thanks! And Daedric influence? Idk what you mean. The Spider is totally different from Mephala. Pffft. I don't know why you'd think they're the same :P

I was flying solo on this post

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

I agree with Colonel. At some point I want Tacticus to fucking just go on a blood crazed killing spree, and lop off their heads mother fucking Sulla style 

XD 

Like I said in the PM really like it. Politics are not my forte in writing, so i'm glad ya'll can give Cyrodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllefhy8wvghjshb (XD) the limelight it deserves in that regard. But it does kinda annoy me he's trapped in this situation through blackmail to start with. 

When it comes to their predictions about the Empress...ehhhh I hope Dales won't decide to burn her political enemies, and I doubt she will...but she'll hold the fear of said burning as a tool to be certain XD  (She's going to feed some rapists and criminals to Naafy though) She'll search for allies certainly. 

Y'all are more sympathetic to Tacitus than I am! He's not going to get anything he doesn't deserve, lets just put it that way. 

I'm really curious to see how things play out in the next chapter, with Dales seeking out allies while using Naafy as the stick if people don't come around to her. Navigating those waters is going to be a tricky business, even with a dragon

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Excellent development on the Nibenay stuff. Lots of atmosphere.

Thanks! I really wanted to make sure I nailed the same type of atmosphere you did, though since you did the cult stuff so well, I decided I wanted to do emphasize more of the dress and things like their silk farming

• Like 2

Yea I saw that she mentioned that the Spider for her wasn’t Mephala but somehow I’m still drawn to it because of the imagery, and her web of lies and secrets is pretty similar regardless.

So maybe she’s just inspired by the sphere but not influenced directly.

It would e very much like her to influence indirectly, while others think of someone else like in the case of the night mother possibly.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Yea I saw that she mentioned that the Spider for her wasn’t Mephala but somehow I’m still drawn to it because of the imagery, and her web of lies and secrets is pretty similar regardless.

So maybe she’s just inspired by the sphere but not influenced directly.

It would e very much like her to influence indirectly, while others think of someone else like in the case of the night mother possibly.

Oh yeah I was just messing with you, because the Spider is totally within Mephala's sphere, with an emphasis on certain parts of that sphere and rejection of others. My intention was to show that Daedra worship probably doesn't always come in a specifically Daedric package. Especially in a place like Nibenay, where you have dozens of small cults that probably worship Daedra by another name. Especially in a totemic way, since the First Pocket Guide mentions the Nibeneans worshipping god-animals. And other speculative lore stuff on Nibenean cults that I like has gone into more depth about stuff like that.

So I wanted to put my own spin on it, by combining the totemic religion with quasi Daedra worship and throwing in a connection to the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, since that was a really cool bit of lore I liked

• Like 2

@BTC

I’d kill for your ability to describe settings. Seriously.

3 hours ago, BTC said:

Y'all are more sympathetic to Tacitus than I am! He's not going to get anything he doesn't deserve, lets just put it that way. 

Yeah, as far as blackmailing goes, they’re honestly taking it pretty easy on him so far. He’s still got his job, still being licensed to do what he wants. Just on the wrong people’s orders. XD 

I am actually wondering a bit if that particular conflict will ever come to a head. It’s so far out of Tacitus’ league that unless the Nibens demand something of him that he absolutely refuses, I could absolutely see him never breaking free. Especially when he’s much more interested in directing all of his thoughts and hatred towards the Thalmor.

I get that sense even more now that Javolia is looking like she’s gonna get entangled in the shadow magic plot. It seems like she has a good hold on Tacitus and is able to trust others to handle him while she goes in a different direction entirely.

1 hour ago, BTC said:

Especially in a place like Nibenay, where you have dozens of small cults that probably worship Daedra by another name. Especially in a totemic way, since the First Pocket Guide mentions the Nibeneans worshipping god-animals. And other speculative lore stuff on Nibenean cults that I like has gone into more depth about stuff like that.

So I wanted to put my own spin on it, by combining the totemic religion with quasi Daedra worship and throwing in a connection to the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, since that was a really cool bit of lore I liked

All the Niben stuff of the past year, from you and Celan both, has made me really wish it had been part of the RP since chaoter 3 began. I am loving all the social and cultural details. The religion and tattoos, the magical silk, the little biases, etc.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Hide contents

I’d kill for your ability to describe settings. Seriously.

Yeah, as far as blackmailing goes, they’re honestly taking it pretty easy on him so far. He’s still got his job, still being licensed to do what he wants. Just on the wrong people’s orders. XD 

I am actually wondering a bit if that particular conflict will ever come to a head. It’s so far out of Tacitus’ league that unless the Nibens demand something of him that he absolutely refuses, I could absolutely see him never breaking free. Especially when he’s much more interested in directing all of his thoughts and hatred towards the Thalmor.

I get that sense even more now that Javolia is looking like she’s gonna get entangled in the shadow magic plot. It seems like she has a good hold on Tacitus and is able to trust others to handle him while she goes in a different direction entirely.

All the Niben stuff of the past year, from you and Celan both, has made me really wish it had been part of the RP since chaoter 3 began. I am loving all the social and cultural details. The religion and tattoos, the magical silk, the little biases, etc.

Thanks Doc!

I don't want to say either way, but you're absolutely right that the way things are going right now, it's very unlikely that conflict would come to a head. But that can always change, especially with how dangerous war is. Though to be honest, I think Tacitus would chafe under anyone's orders, not just someone blackmailing him, so in that regard it's not altogether different than if Krojun was telling him what to do

I've really enjoyed the Niben stuff too. I love that they're political and magical but in a totally different and non-traditional way compared to the Bretons. The Bretons are like classic European high fantasy, while the Nibeneans have the other cultural influences that make it fun to write. I just wish I knew more about some of those cultures so I could include even more weird and fun stuff. Though, making it up usually works too, and then you don't fall into the trap of turning Cyrodiil into Rome like Bethesda has

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

And here’s a sentence I bet nobody has ever typed before:

Hide contents

That spider-bite induced weaving session/vision quest was awesome.

You know, as a person who really hates spiders, I'm not exactly sure why they've become such a focus. Maybe there's some psychoanalysis someone could do that would reveal why that is. It was certainly not fun writing about a spider crawling up her arm to bite her on the neck. Maybe I'll transition to snakes or something. I like those way more than spiders. But thank you! 

• Like 1