Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

33 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That should be Kyne's Watch's version of "Greymane or Battleborn".

Random Nord: “I dunno, Fox?”

Baldur: ...

Random Nord: “What?”

Baldur: “I should bash your face in for everything you’ve done.”

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 1 month later...

@ColonelKillaBee and @Celan

Great post, y'all!

The tavern scene was my favorite overall. Just getting that many hardcore Nords together over some food and drink and contentious topics is pretty much a recipe for fun. And there hasn't been nearly enough of Tormund since the Origins stuff. I hope things work out with the Orcs in the end. I also like seeing the "Indian codebreaker" Dragon language plans finally making it into the RP proper. I don't think the Thalmor finding out will be much of a concern. They may have spied on Skyrim, but they were spying on modern Nords, not the ancient Dragon Cult. And Baldur is right that it's basically lost knowledge even in Skyrim.

The part afterwards with Baldur and Rebec was really nice. Maybe it's just me, but ever since Baldur killed Ulfric, I've felt like there's been a bit of an iciness there just due to all the stresses, secrets, and duties that neither of them want or feel good about. But this part felt like old Rebba and it did a lot to fix that feeling to me.

Pretty sad that Rebec doesn't feel they know Boldir and Mila anymore, but not unfair. It's a strange feeling how those two pretty much only get referenced in pity anymore. And speaking of my characters, Fenrald's back in town booooooy! I like him. XD 

Arle scratching her nose to close the post was really funny. That is a really unnerving power Baldur's got. Given what he said to Boldir about possibly being able to use it on undead, I think it would be smart of him to test that before the army mobilizes. Basing war plans on a hunch is a bad idea.

Oh, and get wrecked, Hrondar. :P 

• Like 3

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD I was actually eating crab the day I wrote that, lol. Yellow stuff pretty sure is the egg junk, it’s only in the females.

I am nearly convinced that you've got a food fetish, just from looking back over the crazy number of hyper-vivid descriptions of food and people eating it you've done across your posts. XD 

• Haha 1

It was also funny how Baldur explicitly said that he couldn't use Tinvaak to make someone kill themselves, when in fact that is pretty much the first major thing he ever did after learning it. XD I wonder if telling Arle that would've changed her willingness to work with him. Probably not after he explains that Elisif wanted to do it anyway.

• Haha 1

Which Orc stronghold is the crew gonna go try to negotiate with first, anyway? Far as I remember, they're all a good distance from Kyne's Watch so it'll be a pretty long journey. Especially if things go badly and the Stormcloaks have to make the trip a second time with a small army.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which Orc stronghold is the crew gonna go try to negotiate with first, anyway? Far as I remember, they're all a good distance from Kyne's Watch so it'll be a pretty long journey. Especially if things go badly and the Stormcloaks have to make the trip a second time with a small army.

Don't be a pessimist XD I'm sure things will go fine...don't things always? 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am nearly convinced that you've got a food fetish, just from looking back over the crazy number of hyper-vivid descriptions of food and people eating it you've done across your posts. XD 

You have no idea XD 

JK lol, I just like to eat.

I do agree on Rebba and the iciness over the past posts since Ulfric’s death... that’s a natural unplanned development. I am glad that they’re starting to move past it though. Lol they feel so real sometimes

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You have no idea XD 

JK lol, I just like to eat.

I do agree on Rebba and the iciness over the past posts since Ulfric’s death... that’s a natural unplanned development. I am glad that they’re starting to move past it though. Lol they feel so real sometimes

Bullshit, we know you like Vore too XD It's clear swallowing things is your trigger. 

I didn't think they were icy in the feast/ post-moot post, but there are a lot of tensions, no doubt. Rebec is more herself now that she's training more. She gets cranky if it's too much motherhood and priesthood. XD

The inspiration for some of the food was this scene

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, it’s funny how giving a POV makes you view a character. I didn’t feel anything for Hrondar up until that point at the beginning of this post lol. Felt like a dick XD but he deserved worse.

Sometimes I think it’s more fun writing the asshole characters. Especially if they’re expendable. Just flip off the world and see what happens. XD 

• Haha 1

"WHAT IN OBLIVION IS ALL THIS?!” Tormund came running past the gawkers, shooing them away until the area was cleared. “What in the blazes Baldur I made that crab special! You know how hard it is to st, er- ‘acquire’ spices from Roscrea?"

:( plz no stel on roscrn

Fantastic post, always happy to see those teasing references towards that island. I like how Baldur's completely forgot about reinforcements coming there too XD 

• Like 1