Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The game could use something like Trespasser.

Definitely. I remember Left 4 Dead (of all things) did something like this where they released a DLC for the original game many years later to tie it in with the sequel. That was pretty neat. Wish Skyrim would get that.

Based on that video, I get the feeling the "fully voiced" thing is exactly like it has been in the past. The line said by the woman in the giant fish clip definitely sounded like the generic "what was that?" that NPCs have said since launch. Shame.

I hope to see all the new creatures enter the level list; the Zombies, Goblins, Reindeer, Unicorns, Wild Horses Bone Wolf Dark Seducers/Golden Saints (through summon spells from mages), Nix Hound (only in Solsthiem please) would already freshen things up quite a bit, but I also saw in the new section; Bone Colossal, a really creepy new variant of Spider Mothers,  Sea Monsters, and the new Ayleid undead group could really freshen things up.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nix Hound (only in Solsthiem please)

This one actually did get integrated pretty well from the start. You can find nix hound spawns spread throughout the ashen half of Solstheim after downloading it.

That’s the only one that was halfway well done though.

Sea monsters sounds interesting (I’d prefer snow whales :P) but the lack of underwater combat kind of reduces that.

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This one actually did get integrated pretty well from the start. You can find nix hound spawns spread throughout the ashen half of Solstheim after downloading it.

That’s the only one that was halfway well done though.

Sea monsters sounds interesting (I’d prefer snow whales :P) but the lack of underwater combat kind of reduces that.

XD I always fought being able to fight a Sea Monster as a human in it's natural habitat to be stupid anyway, so I appreciate them being added as a hazzard regardless 

Not excited at all for AE. It’s going to be incompatible with all mods because because it’s base code is the 2019 version instead of the 2015 version of SSE and just ugh, because there’s a lot of creation club shot that I don’t want. The only thing the caught my interest was the relics of the tribunal thong

Fuck:dntknw:

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Not excited at all for AE. It’s going to be incompatible with all mods because because it’s base code is the 2019 version instead of the 2015 version of SSE and just ugh, because there’s a lot of creation club shot that I don’t want. The only thing the caught my interest was the relics of the tribunal thong

It's Deja Vu cause I remeber huge drama about how the SE version was going to have a new engine that would make the script extender not work XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's Deja Vu cause I remeber huge drama about how the SE version was going to have a new engine that would make the script extender not work XD

Script extender just needs an update, but so does all the mods, and most of the authors aren’t even active modders any more so good luck

Fuck:dntknw:

On 10/28/2021 at 11:43 PM, TheCzarsHussar said:

So I finished the new Dune movie and..... it was pretty good.

I have a lot of little nitpicking about it, from choice of actors (and the quality of their acting), costume design and whatnot. But it was a real solid movie that ended at an awkward point.

My opinion might change after seeing the entire trilogy but as it stands, I like the old movie more.

In my opinion, it had better actors, a better score and better costume design (except the Trashmen, you know who I mean)

I wouldn't even put it in the same realm tbh. The old movie made a joke of most of the Duniverse, like who would actually fear those buffoon Harkonnens, and turning the Voice into literal voice boxes, which goes against the Dune credo of using human insight and mind power over technology. It also had the problem of overacting which a lot of older movies have. The Syfy series is the best older depiction of Dune IMO.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

turning the Voice into literal voice boxes

They turned the Weirding Way into weapons, not the voice. Granted the special effects was too primitive to actually show the crazy shit Paul could do in the books.

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

The Syfy series is the best older depiction of Dune IMO.

Now that, is something I ain't even gonna touch XD, faithfulness to the source material doesn't translate into a good show for me.

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

They turned the Weirding Way into weapons, not the voice. Granted the special effects was too primitive to actually show the crazy shit Paul could do in the books.

Now that, is something I ain't even gonna touch XD, faithfulness to the source material doesn't translate into a good show for me.

Right, they turned the Voice into "words of power."

You don't have to be 1 to 1 faithful, the Syfy adaptation is still better. They changed a number of things too, especially in the Children of Dune one, but both are very good.

Neither come close to the new one, IMO.

Heads up, something I meant to do earlier, the artist some of yall got to do commissions is no longer on deviantart and their art is lost.

I found that out by trying to find BT's Theo pic. So I went in our PMs in the hope that its there and thankfully it was. Gonna add it here incase anyone wants to place it in the art topic.

IMG_0863.JPG.ae6ef337a6a5e866ae731214d115c2e1.jpeg

• Thanks 1