Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

Beasthood has so, soooooooooooooo many different varitations and factors involved I think you can't just lump it as a form of undeath. And then there's little detail, that makes it so much more then a "werewolf zombie plaque".

"One of the badges crafted by the Healing Church. The silver sword is a symbol of a Church hunter. Ludwig was the first of many Healing Church hunters to come, many of Whom were clerics. As it was, clerics transformed into the most hideous beasts."[2]

The Beast Scourge interacts with the host to speak, and the transformation is different depending on the indivual. Regular people usually turn into the Lupine scourge beast (after three different stages of the infection), but Church Hunters, as if the beast blood has a sick kind of humor, turns them into the most hideous beasts of all. Ludwig, who was a noble, chivilaric knight, the best of the best, get's morphed into a hideous fusion of a man and a monstrous horse, as if the Scourge is mocking him for his nobility.

And in very, very rare cases; Beasts are so intune with their former humanity they can still speak and have a degree of self-awarness of there state. 

Djura, a veteren of countless beast hunts and former chosen of the Moon Presense, believes they are sick people who need help, and there still humans deep down, something that Ludwig gives evidence of. 

|"Yes, very good. I no longer dream, but I was once a hunter too. There's nothing more horrific than a hunt. In case you fail to realise, the things you hunt -- they're not beasts, they're people. One day you will see. It's time you got going, but first a farewell gift. I have no use for it anyway."

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

But is there a cure? Far as I’m aware, there are no instances of it being reversed, so it’s effectively-

Oh damnit! Who brought Bloodborne out of the Soulsborne thread again? >:(

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ludwig was able to fight his beasthood, and restore a little bit of his sanity in his final momments. 

So I finished the new Dune movie and..... it was pretty good.

I have a lot of little nitpicking about it, from choice of actors (and the quality of their acting), costume design and whatnot. But it was a real solid movie that ended at an awkward point.

My opinion might change after seeing the entire trilogy but as it stands, I like the old movie more.

In my opinion, it had better actors, a better score and better costume design (except the Trashmen, you know who I mean)

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So I finished the new Dune movie and..... it was pretty good.

I have a lot of little nitpicking about it, from choice of actors (and the quality of their acting), costume design and whatnot. But it was a real solid movie that ended at an awkward point.

My opinion might change after seeing the entire trilogy but as it stands, I like the old movie more.

In my opinion, it had better actors, a better score and better costume design (except the Trashmen, you know who I mean)

I think that's just nostalgia cause I consider the old movie horrible. 

I honestly would prefer they dump some of those shitty creations rather than try to integrate them more. The Umbra one is just a slap in the face to the novels, and the Dohvahkiin running around with Sheogorath's staff is just dumb.

Not all, though. Goblins in Falkreath, zombies, and more horses, spells, and misc items could work really well if more work was put into making them feel like they belong in the game and aren’t just tacked on.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That looks like an Ayleid lich. Oblivion had those. 

Oblivion's Liches barely looked the part. 

Skyrim's new ones are using the Blades design, which looks far more elven. 

blds_MQlich.jpg

And there using the Blades Ayleid zombie, instead of the skeletons who look like humans by have Elven armor from Oblivon. 

blades1.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The fishing stuff sounds cool; at it looks like there's fully voiced sidequests related to sea monsters in it!

Hopefully it’s not "fully voiced" the same way existing CC content is, where characters will speak, but it’s just lines that already existed in the game and were copy-pasted over from other characters. "Huh?", "Yeah?", all the most generic shit. And when there was a conversation it was very awkwardly stitched together.

Dovahkiin:  "What is your opinion of the Empire?"

CC NPC:  "Damn faithless Imperials… Never should have come here!"

Dovahkiin:  "Agreed."

CC also really needs some quality control. Half of them screw up the game with bugs that never got patched. And others just clog your inventory and quest journal with shit you can’t get rid of, and most of it starts the moment you escape Helgen.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hopefully it’s not "fully voiced" the same way existing CC content is, where characters will speak, but it’s just lines that already existed in the game and were copy-pasted over from other characters. "Huh?", "Yeah?", all the most generic shit. And when there was a conversation it was very awkwardly stitched together.

Dovahkiin:  "What is your opinion of the Empire?"

CC NPC:  "Damn faithless Imperials… Never should have come here!"

Dovahkiin:  "Agreed."

CC also really needs some quality control. Half of them screw up the game with bugs that never got patched. And others just clog your inventory and quest journal with shit you can’t get rid of, and most of it starts the moment you escape Helgen.

I know for a fact some Beth dev on discord said they'll no longer activate on startup and are "staggered" in the world when you get them now. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My biggest hope is they change the stupid Divine Crusader quest. 

Shit like that should just be removed. You just find it being worn by random bandits. Bandits! In the armor that explicitly cannot be put on by someone who isn’t wholly good unless they go on a pilgrimage of atonement. That’s why I just chalk it up as a fake replica. Not that CC was meant to be canon anyway, but now that it’s launching with the game, who even knows?

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I know for a fact some Beth dev on discord said they'll no longer activate on startup and are "staggered" in the world when you get them now. 

What I’m wondering is what this will mean for someone like me who has a few of them already downloaded. Is the damage done? Am I stuck with the shitty broken versions? Or will this version of Skyrim require a new character?

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Shit like that should just be removed. You just find it being worn by random bandits. Bandits! In the armor that explicitly cannot be put on by someone who isn’t wholly good unless they go on a pilgrimage of atonement. That’s why I just chalk it up as a fake replica. Not that CC was meant to be canon anyway, but now that it’s launching with the game, who even knows?

What I’m wondering is what this will mean for someone like me who has a few of them already downloaded. Is the damage done? Am I stuck with the shitty broken versions? Or will this version of Skyrim require a new character?

Hell if I know, though they said everyone gets the new update, alongside four creations (Saints and Seducers, Fishing (which was made by Bethesda directly), Rare Goods, and the new in house survial mode), and it's also for last gen. 

I like new free content, don’t get me wrong. But it is weird to suddenly get this ten years later when none of their other games ever get this kind of love. Skyrim is loaded down with content updates and mods as it is, but what about Fallout 3? Now that is a game I could see benefiting from an update with extra content.

If they insist on revisiting Skyrim all the time, I wish they’d just fully commit and create that third story DLC we never got. Close the book on the story of the Last Dragonborn and give us some closure on Skyrim with stuff like the moot to crown Ulfric/Elisif, fallout from Mede’s death, the fate of the Thalmor and Blades, etc. That game has a lot of loose ends.

I am not upset to get an arena though. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like new free content, don’t get me wrong. But it is weird to suddenly get this ten years later when none of their other games ever get this kind of love. Skyrim is loaded down with content updates and mods as it is, but what about Fallout 3? Now that is a game I could see benefiting from an update with extra content.

If they insist on revisiting Skyrim all the time, I wish they’d just fully commit and create that third story DLC we never got. Close the book on the story of the Last Dragonborn and give us some closure on Skyrim with stuff like the moot to crown Ulfric/Elisif, fallout from Mede’s death, the fate of the Thalmor and Blades, etc. That game has a lot of loose ends.

I am not upset to get an arena though. :lol: 

The game could use something like Trespasser. But alas, it'll never happen. 

I find it hilarious how much people wanted new content for Skyrim after Dragonborn, and Bethesda only decided to do it as a live service eight years later XD