Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Haven't finished watching Jedi Survivor longplay, but spoilers below.

Reveal hidden contents

Was overall pretty uninterested. Gameplay is fine, really started liking it more seeing how combat was with the cross-hilted lightsaber. But goddamn that single section with Vader stole the show.

I was fully expecting it to do a disservice and have Vader get ragdolled and bitchslapped like what Disney likes doing to what should be the second most powerful man in the galaxy. But nah, the old Jedi gave the best she could, and even bloodied Vader's nose a bit. But in the end died. Hyped as hell, especially the finishing blow legit had me on the edge of my seat.

Vader's pretty much the one thing they've always nailed in the new canon; so much cooler then the jobber in Legends. (Who was the "dude who get beat to show an OC there power") 

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wow, that is just pathetic. Real pussy ass narc energy coming from these WGA shills.

“This is scabbing. There’s no way a writer/producer can ‘finish’ writing and begin solely producing. And if the scripts truly are finished, let’s see ’em. If there’s one word different in the finished product, kick Tony Gilroy out of the WGA."

These clowns can’t handle somebody not being just as entitled as their bratty selves. Gives me a little more respect for the Andor showrunner that he tried to go against it in the first place.

Weak bullies are the worst bullies. But ah well. It’ll be funny as hell when guys like this can’t get work because they can’t hold their own against the Asians. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Vader's pretty much the one thing they've always nailed in the new canon; so much cooler then the jobber in Legends. (Who was the "dude who get beat to show an OC there power") 

There's a lot of cool stuff in what's now Legends. Vader being the OC's punching bag, wasn't one of them. That's like the singular thing that's done right these days, reverting Vader back to how he was in the OT

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Except in Kenobi, which is one of the worst depictions of Vader I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'll take an educated guess and say Balrog's talking about books and games, not shows or movies XD

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Except in Kenobi, which is one of the worst depictions of Vader I’ve ever seen. 

Kenobi's seemed more like a even more pathetic version of Prequel Anakin, having a perpetual tantrum; it had some highlights (I love the scene where he starts murdering random people becauce he can't control his rage), but I agree it is the weakest. Thankfully it's the one exception. 

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wow, that is just pathetic. Real pussy ass narc energy coming from these WGA shills.

“This is scabbing. There’s no way a writer/producer can ‘finish’ writing and begin solely producing. And if the scripts truly are finished, let’s see ’em. If there’s one word different in the finished product, kick Tony Gilroy out of the WGA."

These clowns can’t handle somebody not being just as entitled as their bratty selves. Gives me a little more respect for the Andor showrunner that he tried to go against it in the first place.

Weak bullies are the worst bullies. But ah well. It’ll be funny as hell when guys like this can’t get work because they can’t hold their own against the Asians. 

"Writer Abdullah Saeed, whose credits include creating the Onyx Collective comedy Deli Boys for Hulu" 

0WIEx0v.jpg

• Haha 1

You know, while I don't like the magical tendrils of space dust or whatever the fuck the stupid gunk is in Jedi Survivor.

But I love the idea of a untraversable nebula or whatever the hell the Abyss is supposed to be, with an oasis-planet hidden within. Gives major Mass Effect 2 feeling. Again, just wish it'd fit better into the setting. Good beats, weird execution needing magical space lasers to clear a path.

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"Writer Abdullah Saeed, whose credits include creating the Onyx Collective comedy Deli Boys for Hulu" 

0WIEx0v.jpg

Right? The first talented writer to work on Star Wars in a decade is trying to make one of the few good things coming out these days, and here’s this talentless nobody telling him that he needs to step down because he’s making the rest of them look bad. Or else.

That’s the problem with unions in creative fields. Literally stifling creativity in order to protect losers who haven’t had an original idea in their lives. No wonder Hollywood makes so much trash when this is how it operates.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love the scene where he starts murdering random people becauce he can't control his rage

I hated that scene. XD 

I’m sure one or two exist, somewhere, but I seriously struggle to think of any good Vader scenes in the show. Maybe like ten seconds of the part where he pieced up Reva, but even that was built on a stupid premise and had a really dumb ending. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Right? The first talented writer to work on Star Wars in a decade is trying to make one of the few good things coming out these days, and here’s this talentless nobody telling him that he needs to step down because he’s making the rest of them look bad. Or else.

That’s the problem with unions in creative fields. Literally stifling creativity in order to protect losers who haven’t had an original idea in their lives. No wonder Hollywood makes so much trash when this is how it operates.

It was a stupid reaction for sure; especially with the dude making it clear he's was already joining his comrades in the strike. Now he looks like an idiot who jumped to attack one of his coworkers (though I use the term very loosely) for clout.

Seems like it's going to be situation where Hollywood and the "writers" are going to eat themselves  XD Net gain for all of us. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Depends. If the studios cave to the WGA’s terms then it will almost certainly make things worse. Bad writers will get more protections, and good writers will have an even harder time breaking into the industry. 

I don't think that's going to happen; Hollywood likes the power it has over it's minions, they need to send a message to the rest; agreeing to these concessions could unravel there hold over it. XD

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't think that's going to happen; Hollywood likes the power it has over it's minions, they need to send a message to the rest; agreeing to these concessions could unravel there hold over it. XD

I don’t either, because some of the demands are actually pretty insane. A watered down compromise is more likely, but I don’t think that would necessarily be a good thing either.

Would be funny if they went oldschool, hired some union busters, and replaced everybody who isn’t willing to cross the fence. The supply of aspiring non-guild writers in America is so absurdly high that it should be easy. Problems only arise when contracts and California’s Commie laws enter the equation. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t either, because some of the demands are actually pretty insane. A watered down compromise is more likely, but I don’t think that would necessarily be a good thing either.

Would be funny if they went oldschool, hired some union busters, and replaced everybody. The supply of aspiring non-guild writers in America is so absurdly high that it should be easy. Problems only arise when contracts and California’s Commie enter the mix. 

https://www.engadget.com/magic-the-gathering-publisher-wizards-of-the-coast-sent-the-pinkertons-after-a-leaker-200040402.html

Pinkertons are still in business and being used by Wizards of the Coast alot XD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: I actually saw this yesterday. 

Though to be fair one this one example that's more of Lucas's fault; he wanted the Jedi to be this weird cult that doesn't let it's members have relationships and have ties to their outside families. It is dumb though when someone as empathetic as Luke kept all that weird shit in though 

XD

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

No, it’s still completely on Disney. Lucas wrote the Republic-Era Jedi that way, but explicitly wrote Luke to be different from them. 

The Republic Era Jedi came after Luke; I don't think he wrote ANYTHING about what kind of Jedi Order Luke would have built after Return of the Jedi XD

I know apparently he had the alot of the basics down for the stuff that was in the prequels, but I wonder if he had an idea the Jedi would be a weird anti-sex cult that dosen't let its members interact with their parents XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Republic Era Jedi came after Luke; I don't think he wrote ANYTHING about what kind of Jedi Order Luke would have built after Return of the Jedi XD

They were invented after Luke, sure, but they were still intentionally written to be different from him. But ignoring the prequels, even the OT has Luke go directly against Obi-Wan and Yoda’s council to forsake any attachment to his father and kill him. And the ending vindicates him for it.

And if we want to take the novels into consideration (the older ones from back before Lucas stopped paying attention to them), they make it even more explicit that Luke mimicking the prior generation of Jedi was never the intention.

Luke is an extremely well-established character. Who he is by the end of the OT is not some big mystery. That’s why his behavior in the Disney stuff is so unpopular with so many fans; because it totally contradicts basically all of his core traits.

• 3 weeks later...

@Centurion @TheCzarsHussar @BigBossBalrog Did you know that Disney once owned Power Rangers? I didn’t. They bought the usage rights from the IP creator for like $5 billion (more than they paid for Star Wars), never made any money with it, and then nine years later, sold the IP back to him for only $60 million. XD 

Which means there is precedence. It gives me hope for Star Wars, cause LucasFilm and Disney+ are bleeding money these days.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion @TheCzarsHussar @BigBossBalrog Did you know that Disney once owned Power Rangers? I didn’t. They bought the usage rights from the IP creator for like $5 billion (more than they paid for Star Wars), never made any money with it, and then nine years later, sold the IP back to him for only $60 million. XD 

Which means there is precedence. It gives me hope for Star Wars, cause LucasFilm and Disney+ are bleeding money these days.

I don't think George wants anything to do with Star Wars after the fans treated him the way they did XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't think George wants anything to do with Star Wars after the fans treated him the way they did XD

George wants nothing to do with Star Wars because he’s old and making movies took a toll on him. I don’t think he would buy it, but someone would.

As long as that someone isn’t Amazon, I think it could only be an improvement.