Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

This man right here my fav in the whole game, no one goes harder. This nigga fucked up the Hunter of Hunters, becoming the Hunter of the Hunter of Hunters, and if you wanted to kill him you had to become the Hunter of the Hunter of the Hunter of Hunters XD 

It was quite the task.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This man right here my fav in the whole game, no one goes harder. This nigga fucked up the Hunter of Hunters, becoming the Hunter of the Hunter of Hunters, and if you wanted to kill him you had to become the Hunter of the Hunter of the Hunter of Hunters XD 

It was quite the task.

He caused a well known streamer to rage quit the entire game XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

So much potential for awesome water-based enemies.

Fuck.

No doubt we'll see some of these fuckers. 

001-kappa.jpg

Or maybe a Bakekujira as a boss fight (It's an whale daemon) 

mizuki_shigeru_bakekujira.png

If you look at the gif, you can see a giant carp in the background already...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/509lnj/bloodborne_is_the_scariest_game_ive_ever_played/

Was thinking bout this when talking scary. This is my preferred type of horror game, not cheap shit like monsters in dark and being chuck full of jump scares.

BB is scary because over half the shit you encounter is just str8 up intimidating, everything from the atmosphere to knowing that yes, this big fucker can and will end your shit, large health pool be damned.

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/509lnj/bloodborne_is_the_scariest_game_ive_ever_played/

Was thinking bout this when talking scary. This is my preferred type of horror game, not cheap shit like monsters in dark and being chuck full of jump scares.

BB is scary because over half the shit you encounter is just str8 up intimidating, everything from the atmosphere to knowing that yes, this big fucker can and will end your shit, large health pool be damned.

Word. I'll take atmosphere and amazing enemy design over jump scares any day, and FROM excels at both. 

Older Horror game series, the classics, like Silent Hill and Resident Evil never relied on jumpscares. Don't get me wrong, their fun XD But not when you don't have the above, and only use them sparingly. 

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That was the game the edgies showed you when you dared say you thought resident evil was scary. And yea, Silent Hill is definitely scarier.

That's a good description for it XD Both games, despite having Eastern gameplay designs, take so much from Western horror tropes. 

Resident Evil is a B movie kinda of horror thing. Cheesy yes, but also charming, and still has plenty of scares.  

Silent Hill...has none of it. It's pure psychological horror. Unrelenting in every way. 

It's funny despite being the most iconic examples of horror franchises (not in games, just in fucking general these days) None have a large amount of jump scares.

RE: Biohazard was scary too. Though that was also the first full game I played in VR which made it 1000x worse.

Agreed that Bloodborne beats most horror games in a good many ways. Hell, tough enemies and scary themes aside, that game did atmosphere so well it’s the only example I can think of where a game managed to freak me out a little bit with music. When 90% of the game has none, and then you enter the Unseen Village and suddenly there’s this weird chanting in the background, it immediately puts you on edge before you even really know why.

• Like 1