Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Interesting post about the statues. Dunno if I agree this statue is Flora but the one about Ebrietas I like:

I like this one too. I think that they’re spot on about Oedon and Ebreitas. It’s worth noting that the common Yharnamites pray and swear by God with a capital G. That’s probably what they believe Oedon to be. The reality of the Great Ones is a well kept secret from them.

I think that the hooded statue is likely tied to some cut content, as there is no given lore on it and it was seen being interacted with in the Project Beast alpha gameplay footage. But it having to do with the Moon Presence makes some sense if we assume Gehrman intended to summon it, specifically. Though I have my doubts about that last part.

If she had some sort of flowering on her or whatever, I could believe it. 

But yea,with Oedons name being so similar to Odin, and Oedon himself being formless and passing around Jesus babies, I definitely think the God tie in is likely.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus they literally call their blood thing communion

Yeah, the church in general was pretty clearly inspired by the Catholic Church in lots of ways.

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If she had some sort of flowering on her or whatever, I could believe it. 

I wonder if the fact that the MP is antagonistic to the Yharnam “gods” has anything to do with why the statues were mostly cut from Yharnam and their significance downplayed from what was  originally planned. Would make sense, if that was indeed who she was meant to be. A city of Oedon worshippers would hardly erect statues of the creature that wants to devour his children.

Granted, I get the impression that the MP is even less known about than the other Great Ones. It’s such a wild card in how it showed up and the role it played.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Balrog speaks and writes in Old One with perfect spelling and grammar. The reason behind his sympathies has been in question for years. 

Hey are you accusing me of being a cultist?!  :grr:

*Whispers nervously* Fuck they finally found me out...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If the sign of the Old Ones driving this general to madness are clear, I think it's we debated a fucking hug from space Cthulhu for five pages XD

Hey, I’m just glad to be talking about the game at all! This is exactly why I wanted Colonel to play it all that time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Why don't you go play it after beating Red Dead XD

I’ve been considering doing just that. But I’ve played through Bloodborne three times before, and still have other games I haven’t finished.

RDR is worth a replay to me, for one. Then there is AC Odyssey, which I never finished since I set it aside for RDR. And I haven’t even touched Thronebreaker or Darkest Dungeon.

Decided to wait and finish Pillars of Eternity after I get a good PC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve been considering doing just that. But I’ve played through Bloodborne three times before, and still have other games I haven’t finished.

RDR is worth a replay to me, for one. Then there is AC Odyssey, which I never finished since I set it aside for RDR. And I haven’t even touched Thronebreaker or Darkest Dungeon.

Decided to wait and finish Pillars of Eternity after I get a good PC.

I'm going to wait for the invetiable remaster/remake of Red Dead 1 before going back in XD  Fair enough for wanting to do your backlog though. 

But BB, since you've beaten it already, I think will take a good deal shorter then all those other games (unless you plan to do a really comprehensive play through).