Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #16

Share your opinion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of these polls?

• Yes
    • No

@BTC Silicon Valley is not politically neutral. At one time they were technocratic libertarian, but now they're solidly, massively liberal because they've figured out that selective regulation that favors them is better than deregulation where they have to compete, they depend on immigration for their technical staff, and all of them are based in the blue bubble. I don't think the people in those companies can even conceive of a different worldview. Let's add Google to the mix. I can't think of a bigger bag of vipers than that company.

I don't care about Alex Jones, but he was a test case for deplatforming all conservatives. All conservatives are now branded as "alt right," after all- and you can't host Nazis on your site, right?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor Out of curiosity, in the rp does power armor function like the older games or Fallout 4?

Kind of a blend, I guess. It’s the same size as Fallout 4 but I consider the 20 minute fusion cores a gameplay mechanic since it’s been pretty clearly stated in the lore that they should be able to keep a suit running for centuries.

Power armor training is also a thing. While it’s not 100% necessary in order to wear the suit, a person who has no training is probably going be very clumsy in trying to operate it.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

Silicon Valley is not politically neutral. At one time they were technocratic libertarian, but now they're solidly, massively liberal because they've figured out that selective regulation that favors them is better than deregulation where they have to compete, they depend on immigration for their technical staff, and all of them are based in the blue bubble. I don't think the people in those companies can even conceive of a different worldview.

I don’t think they are politically neutral and I didn’t say that. I specifically called them neoliberals. Hell, neo or not I agree they’re mostly liberals. But I still think they don’t really care about politics, only so far as it will help their bottom line. Maybe not across the board, but for the most part. The bit about regulation is what I mean. If they decided that their bottom line would be better helped by fewer regulations, I think you’d seen more donations to conservatives.

I don’t trust their politics as actually sincerely held beliefs, only as the means to the end of making money. I mean, one of these companies is Apple, who strip mines third world countries for rare metals for phones. They want their money more than they care about ideals

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Kind of a blend, I guess. It’s the same size as Fallout 4 but I consider the 20 minute fusion cores a gameplay mechanic since it’s been pretty clearly stated in the lore that they should be able to keep a suit running for centuries.

Power armor training is also a thing. While it’s not 100% necessary in order to wear the suit, a person who has no training is probably going be very clumsy in trying to operate it.

I wasn't talking about the cores, basically the size and being something you actually climb in. Thanks man.

1 hour ago, BTC said:

I don’t think they are politically neutral and I didn’t say that. I specifically called them neoliberals. Hell, neo or not I agree they’re mostly liberals. But I still think they don’t really care about politics, only so far as it will help their bottom line. Maybe not across the board, but for the most part. The bit about regulation is what I mean. If they decided that their bottom line would be better helped by fewer regulations, I think you’d seen more donations to conservatives.

I don’t trust their politics as actually sincerely held beliefs, only as the means to the end of making money. I mean, one of these companies is Apple, who strip mines third world countries for rare metals for phones. They want their money more than they care about ideals

They're out for profit yes, but I believe a sizable core engages in leftist activism and I can't imagine it going the other way for any reason.

The educational and media establishment is such that leftism is considered the default position and there is no imperative to tolerate any other point of view. In fact there's a moral imperative to stamp out any alternative view, and they're the technological gatekeepers who can do it.

Another example is Netflix hiring Obama administration staffers and giving the Obamas a programming platform.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Cool but also aww.

So anything else from Tactics still being worn by the 'modern' Midwestern BOS?

Makes them scarier, honestly. Now you know that if you see those amber eyes, you better run.

They’ve got stuff like the leather armor, metal armor, and environmental suits that were in Tactics too. As well as more traditional combat armor.

New Spider-Man game looks fuckin sick. Added to the list of games I need to get the PS4 for.

God of War

The Last of Us 2

Bloodborne

Spiderman

Horizon Dawn Whatever Robot Dinosaurs Game

Maybe Inhuman or whatever it’s called where you clean up after some fatass druggy, but as an Android.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This was a great watch, especially the two chicks that lose their shit, guy did his research.

Fun but if trivia: That guy Crowder voiced one of the characters in the children’s cartoon Arthur when he was a child. They let him go when he got older and his voice got too deep. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fun but if trivia: That guy Crowder voiced one of the characters in the children’s cartoon Arthur when he was a child. They let him go when he got older and his voice got too deep. 

Lol that’s strange, must’ve been later on in the show’s lifespan. He’s pretty young.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol that’s atrange,must’ve been later on in the show’s lifespan. He’s pretty young.

It was in the 90s. He’s in his thirties now. Scratch that. It was right at the start of the 2000s.

Smart fella, though. I enjoy his comedy, but the change my mind series is his best stuff. I wish more people did something like it, with sources, no edits and all that.

Edited by The Good Doctor