Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #28

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't Make it in the other Polls Edition

• Corio Adorin
    • Endar Drenim
    • Stalks-Deep-Waters
    • Jadaka Cliff-Hanger
    • Suri Falani
    • Magalos of the Hundred Tongues
    • Aenar Fleet-Foot
    • Nahfalhaan
    • Goblin Tim

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's more tragic that these people were turned into automatons forcibly. 

I think everyone agrees on this point. The new clones are far more likable and tragic figures. But the 2003 version didn’t appeal to me as people. They appealed to me as an incredibly badass and slightly sinister super soldiers.

The Arc Troopers were my favorite because they reminded me a lot of Spartans from Halo. Very little emotion, totally objective-driven, and extremely competent with no drama or fanfare. 

• Like 1

That said, of all the non trilogy star wars content, Mandalorian feels MOST like it would fit right in with the movies, had they kept up to quality of the original trilogy, or at LEAST the prequel trilogy. Maybe. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats perfectly fine, I've already acknowledged before that the trilogy wasn't enough to characterize him in full.

But when you add in certain things that are completely unmentioned in the last movie, regardless of logic, it feeels like as I said, a bandaid. The damage has already been done with the movies. Shoving in all this stuff to the point that it feels entirely separate from the movies, well obviously it works for some but not for me. For me, the movies are the main source of star wars. Tv shows and the like can deviate but if they deviate too much, it will always feel like something else almost entirely to me. Hell even Mandalorian barely feels real to me because it's too fucking good to exist in the same universe as the movies XD 

But that's in a good way. The second clone wars, FOR ME, lol, is the opposite. Too much filler, characters feel way too different from what I grew up with, etc etc.

Thats why for me it feels like well intentioned filler/fan service/ fan fiction.

Let's just agree to disagree then XD

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

That said, of all the non trilogy star wars content, Mandalorian feels MOST like it would fit right in with the movies, had they kept up to quality of the original trilogy, or at LEAST the prequel trilogy. Maybe. 

Mandalorian feels like more of a continuation of the OT to me than anything released since the 80s. Sure it doesn’t have much to do with the Jedi stories or any of the main plot, but it feels like it’s actually set in its aftermath and not some random alternate universe sequel where everything feels new and different. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Mandalorian feels like more of a continuation of the OT to me than anything released since the 80s. Sure it doesn’t have much to do with the Jedi stories or any of the main plot, but it feels like it’s actually set in its aftermath and not some random alternate universe sequel where everything feels new and different. 

Not to mention the gritty, worn down aesthetic of the show is real callback to the OT's art direction, while taking some of the cool aspects of the new canon (Deathtroopers, Darksaber,)

• Like 3

Let's just agree to disagree then XD

I was ok with that from the beginning XD I don't think you're wrong for liking it lol, I get it... I wish the movies had closed the gap between the years better, maybe focus less on politics and anakin rolling around with an understandably rock solid boner with Padme, etc etc XD

But they didn't. It'd be like if they started a new animated series for Rey and Kylo. Honestly, I'd give it a shot and would love it if they characterized everyone better here than the movies, but I remember all too well what the movies were like XD 

That also might be why I don't like the animated series, I actually like anakin's portrayal in the movies lol, it wasn't what we WANTED for Vader but it made a ton of sense. I wouldn't have been nearly as opposed to it had he stuck more to that anakin. Animated anakin in the original clone wars was still a sniveling bitch a looot of the time XD Even when others he was immensely badass. They kept the rashness of Anakin in the clone wars number 2 but in the beginning I think they tried too hard to erase what was brought in his character from the movies.

Actually Mandalorian was even more appealing because it didnt have the space wizards. Everyone likes the space wizards, but I love a breath of fresh air where anytime theres a hint of the force it feels much more powerful without it constantly being used.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
Spavery?
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is this you adding on to what I said basically? I don't disagree with that, that's exactly what I mean.

Deathtroopers

My favorite thing from any of the Disney movies. XD 

By the way, my boys the Arc Troopers have some of those little personalized quirks themselves. Like the commander likes to spin his pistol before holstering after a firefight, and they painted a monster face on the front of their carrier ship. Little stuff like that but it doesn’t get any mention or attention drawn to it. It’s just stuff they do for the viewers to catch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Actually Mandalorian was even more appealing because it didnt have the space wizards. Everyone likes the spavery wizards, but I love a breath of fresh air where anytime theres a hint of the force it feels much more powerful without it constantly being used.

There's a baby Space Wizard XD 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes. XD I was agreeing with you.

Aight XD Just had to be sure lol, you know my pet peeve about people rephrasing your own statements with oh contrere, had to make sure that wasn't what that was lol.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Actually Mandalorian was even more appealing because it didnt have the space wizards. Everyone likes the space wizards, but I love a breath of fresh air where anytime theres a hint of the force it feels much more powerful without it constantly being used.

You all know I used to say for me there was no star wars without space wizards XD

The millenial trilogy killed that for me tho. I don't wanna say they ruined them for me but I am severely disinterested. (tho not disinterested enough to not play with my 140 something lightsaber daily lol XD )

So yea, mandalorian and the mandalorians have taken that spot for me at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Aight XD Just had to be sure lol, you know my pet peeve about people rephrasing you own statements with oh contrere, had to make sure that wasn't what that was lol.

I get it, but you’ve always told me how much you hate it when people just rephrase what you say like it’s a disagreement. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I get it, but you’ve always told me how much you hate it when people just rephrase what you say like it’s a disagreement. 

I'm also not used to anyone actually pay attention when I complain about stuff like that. XD Just you and Celan.

• Confused 1

If I had only ever seen the original series, I'd picture the Jedi as a sort of religious crusader-like order. Like the Knights Hospitaler or Templars but still connected to the Republic.

That theyd be few in number and balancing a sort of chivalric warrior philosophy with the force. 

And ones that didnt fucking wear robes all the time. I was under the impression Ben wore those robes because he was in the desert. Then again I think the Old Republic series portrayed the Jedi that militaristic

• Like 1

That scene was awesome even with the annoying recorders XD 

Also see, that Maul was a big dude, and I wish they kept him silent tbh because he sounds like a bitch in clone wars XD Which I 1000 percent blame on Sam Witwer, the movie version was better. Peter... Serafl.... sumpin sumpin, I dunno that nigga's name is long XD Cant remember it.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That scene was awesome even with the annoying recorders XD 

Also see, that Maul was a big dude, and I wish they kept him silent tbh because he sounds like a bitch in clone wars XD Which I 1000 percent blame on Sam Witwer, the movie version was better. Peter... Serafl.... sumpin sumpin, I dunno that nigga's name is long XD Cant remember it.

This is a legit stupid fucking opinion, Sam Witler nails it as Maul XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If I had only ever seen the original series, I'd picture the Jedi as a sort of religious crusader-like order. Like the Knights Hospitaler or Templars but still connected to the Republic.

That theyd be few in number and balancing a sort of chivalric warrior philosophy with the force. 

And ones that didnt fucking wear robes all the time. I was under the impression Ben wore those robes because he was in the desert. Then again I think the Old Republic series portrayed the Jedi that militaristic

Yeah, I think George Lucas himself wasn't entirely sold on what the Jedi and the Force were meant to be even when he was making the original movies. I know he didn’t plan on it being some medically quantifiable midechlorian nonsense back then. XD 

And Luke definitely didn’t start as Leia’s brother either.