Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #13

Which Daedric Prince would you most want to follow as a denizen of Tamriel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prince would you prefer to worship?

• Azura
    • Boethiah
    • Hermaeus Mora
    • Hircine
    • Malacath

Well I have some respect for him as a military tactician, the dude wrote the book on guerrilla warfare. He went to Cuba with a few other dudes and toppled a government backed by the States. I can say Che was a badass...

Not as extreme, but kinda like how Hitler was a master orator...dude has really extreme beliefs. Like lets Nuke American and put gay people in camps extreme. Man was loco 

It doesn’t surprise me. People will revere all kinds of shitheads. Especially if they aren’t a member of the group the figure(s) discriminated against. You look at how favorably some people view Confederate leaders, or how Stalin is viewed in Russia today. Lots of horrible shit and people get romanticized

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

It doesn’t surprise me. People will revere all kinds of shitheads. Especially if they aren’t a member of the group the figure(s) discriminated against. You look at how favorably some people view Confederate leaders, or how Stalin is viewed in Russia today. Lots of horrible shit and people get romanticized

It's certainly weird to see confederate monuments in American still...like...they fucking lost. Why do you have these people immortalized? 

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's certainly weird to see confederate monuments in American still...like...they fucking lost. Why do you have these people immortalized? 

That's not weird at all for America honestly, but it sure is dumb.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I just don't understand why XD Is it American culture to venerate the losers of a conflict, who we're traitors. 

It's american culture to ignore uncomfortable truths, that their ancestors were racist asshats and bit the big one for it.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

It's american culture to ignore uncomfortable truths, that their ancestors were racist asshats and bit the big one for it.

I get that part (really it's most cultures, look how Canada treated the Natives) the part I dont understand is why they don't see the South as a bunch of rebel traitors, enough there's monuments to them despite being on the losing side of the conflict. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I get that part (really it's most cultures, look how Canada treated the Natives) the part I dont understand is why they don't see the South as a bunch of rebel traitors, enough there's monuments to them despite being on the losing side of the conflict. 

It's exactly how things are up north, that I know of all the historical monuments and the like with a sympathetic view are in the south.

Because it's half the country dude, and it's not like all the confederate states and the people from them stayed in the south. Plus, to keep the peace they never addressed them as such, and instead called it a quarrel with their brothers. 

56 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's exactly how things are up north, that I know of all the historical monuments and the like with a sympathetic view are in the south.

I wouldn't say that honestly, a lot of northerners respect them and their role in the country's history. It just seems that way now because of all the attention its suddenly getting. Wasn't like that til recently.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I get that part (really it's most cultures, look how Canada treated the Natives)

Natives get treated pretty good now, shit, a coworker of mine's doing this online dating thing with a Canadian chick and this bitch has no job, plays games all day, and collects a check and even gets ipads n shit just for being native.

Where's my check for being black XD I could use a new laptop.

I grew up in the north and there was always condescension to southerners, calling them Johnny Reb and stuff like that, but lately that's changed with the push to remove Confederate flags and monuments. I even saw Confederate flags on my trip to PA this year which kind of blew my mind. My mom and aunt didn't see why it was funny or bad.

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

When I went to Tennessee for two weeks, the thing I took away was how polite and nice everyone was to me, and the fact I saw several confederate flags and a "KKK all the way" shirt XD 

"KKK all the way"

No fucking way. This is too comical to be true.

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

"KKK all the way"

No fucking way. This is too comical to be true.

Hopefully it was ironic :( I also saw all the maids and servants at the hotel we're black, was a very surreal experience.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

"Eh, you look white enough I guess. Welcome to Tennessee."

You can only tell i'm Asian when i'm not wearing my glasses.  

I still call dudes Yankees and shit, but that comes from the division that still remains. Like before I got in the Army my only interaction with Northerns were negative because they are rude and condescending. Like yeah the confederacy had some bad policy behind it, but that’s my bloodline and a big piece to our history and it’s hard to let go of. Sounds weird, I know, but it just is.

That’s because the monuments are in the South, with Southern people.... people in the north and elsewhere see it that way, but down here it’s different.

Fuck:dntknw:

It's different for white Southerners, anyway.

As for Yanks, lol I'm not much of a fan of Northerners myself. Only thing we agree on is the confederate flags and monuments should've been torn down a long time ago. I still didn't like how they came from out of town and started judging everything though. A good thing imo came of it but I can't stand that about them.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It's different for white Southerners, anyway.

As for Yanks, lol I'm not much of a fan of Northerners myself. Only thing we agree on is the confederate flags and monuments should've been torn down a long time ago. I still didn't like how they came from out of town and started judging everything though. A good thing imo came of it but I can't stand that about them.

Just so we're clear, you aren't including confederate graves in that category right?