Best build?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best build?

• Giants Dad (BECOME THE GIANTS DAD FIRE THE BASSSSSSSSS CANNON!!!!)
    • Flipping Havels (1.4 patch save us!)
    • Bloodwraith (CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THIS DARKNESS WILL NOT HEAL!)
    • Shitty Noob Knight Build (...)
    • Cheese Ice Rapier (DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHH)

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Tomb of Giants is way less frustrating if you use the skull lantern thing found in the Catacombs. I hated the bonewheel guys too, though. 

I know about the lantern. It's just almost useless in a fight since it will only shine if you hold it up like a shield. The torch however always gives of some light regardless. Which is partly why I feel a Tomb of Giants zone would have worked better in 3. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I got the dex stats for the black knight sword but its r2 is still really slow.

Is it meant to be that slow?

I don’t think it’s very good in DS1. The Silver Knight Sword is better.

My recommended weapon that you can get easily? The claymore. Easy stat requirements, great damage and speed, and one of the best blade weapon movesets. The two handed R1-R2-R1 combo is particularly monstrous. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think it’s very good in DS1. The Silver Knight Sword is better.

My recommended weapon that you can get easily? The claymore. Easy stat requirements, great damage and speed, and one of the best blade weapon movesets. The two handed R1-R2-R1 combo is particularly monstrous. 

My stats right now are as follows.

Sl45

Vitality22

Attunement10

Endurance20

Strength24

Dexterity20

Resistance10

Intelligence9

Faith11

Here's my writeup on what I found.

Pose is back but it's such a dramatic revival I dont think it's the same. It's called posture, and it's a separate bar (with stamina and health) You can wittle down an enemies posture bar (apparently it's also to encourage parrying. Blocking is in, but just regular blocking will drain your posture super fast, so your encouraged to time your blocks a second at a time), and once you do, you can one shot them with a super powerful kill move. It's called an evolution of Bloodborne's visceral attacks.

There are NO Bonefires or lanterns, but there adding a new death mechanic. It's based on the title itself, Shadows (Ninja) Die Twice. Once you die, you can cast a Blood Rune which brings you back to life (at half health). This is apparently very strategic, because once you die your enemies loose interest in you, so you can use that to your advantage. The example they gave is a crowd of Yashiguru (foot soldiers) wrecked the character. So they let him die, and once they wandered a little off, he used his blood rune, came back, popped a Blood Mist, and in the chaos, stealth killed a bunch of them, and made the fight much easier. Apparently the game is going to punish you if you abuse this mechanic however. The scene in the trailer we're the boss kills the player was a another example of using the mechanic to ones advantage, cause you can get a stealth attack on bosses that do a ton of damage

Stealth is a massive new feature, and they we're heavily inspired by the Tenchu series (another From property about Ninjas) The game is described as an unholy fusion of Dark Souls,  Bloodborne, Tenchu, and Kuon. You can scale walls, creep around, and do stealth kills like a proper Ninja. Apparently, they don't want you to rely on it for everything, and it's going to be more of "one of many tools". Like one of the bosses have a bunch of musket snipers overlooking the fight area, and apparently to make the fight easier you can scale the towers to kill them before the fight itself. Observation is key. 

Bosses, apparently, are going to be heavily inspired by Dark Souls 3's (YESSS!) Their multi staged, brutal in difficulty, and because of dropping multiplayer they can focus on adding even more then before (while maintaining the same quality)  Many of them are hidden away and optional. (They said it'll be like discovering ancient horror that should have been forgotten eons ago.) An example 

"The demo ended with a rad boss fight against a skeletal samurai with supernatural powers and a terrifying attack that let him cover the battlefield in smoke, then appear as multiple illusions around you. We watched him kill the player, which was a fitting end note." Someone said the boss reminded them of the Omen from Samurai Jack. 

There are heavy horror elements, but they don't want to talk about them right now. They stressed the game is not historical, and will have a Japanese mythology/horror feeling combined with Samurai Classics. 

GIVE IT TO ME FUCKING NOW!

• Like 1