Best build?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best build?

• Giants Dad (BECOME THE GIANTS DAD FIRE THE BASSSSSSSSS CANNON!!!!)
    • Flipping Havels (1.4 patch save us!)
    • Bloodwraith (CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THIS DARKNESS WILL NOT HEAL!)
    • Shitty Noob Knight Build (...)
    • Cheese Ice Rapier (DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHH)

Oh boy do I have a story to tell, had the most fun ever with Dark Souls 3 tonight.

Like four and a half hours ago I gank spanked this dude and his phantom (killed the phantom twice) to which the host earned a pile of shit to his dead face.

Only afterwards did I realize that I invaded a person who I had previously helped on numerous occasions, I felt bad about throwing shit in his face so I invited him to a part and apologized. Offering instead to help him further in place of invading, dude was chill and plenty thankful.

We ended up doing the rest of Ringed City, fucking Gael fight was hilarious. He summoned two other phantoms and one trolled us and brought the Ringed Knight twin greatest guy to us while fighting Gael, then left. It was intense as hell through my laughter, host (pewter) dies of course.

After doing the bosses and messing around in Ringed City we decided to have a few undead matches against each other, in the Duel he beat me by being really passive with his tanky spellcaster but in the two Brawls we fought I smacked him into the ground with a 3/1 and 4/1 ratio for our games.

Afterwards we continue the base game for his character, who just arrived in Irithyll. Now he said he'd just stay up for a little longer... three hours ago that is. We advance through until pretty much unlocking all the shortcuts. And spent so long ganking invaders, host loved having a bunch of friendly phantoms so it mase the ganks hilarious. Forward past killing the Pontiff, we start ganking outside the bonfire... Until I get connection error after error.

In my absence he tricks the invaders into thinking its a fight club and they attack each other instead of him, I'm of course unable to rejoin him even after all our attempts at troubleshooting.

Then suddenly someone else summons me, my fucking hero. We spend so long, just the two of us ganking invaders and holy shit the gestures we did. Eventually I get a connection error after ganking around ten people back to back.

Dude summons me back again! While the first host (Keep in mind I've been in a party with first host) is invading himself hoping to invade us. When he eventually does invade the world I'm in with my hero I out trade his ass with my trusty Zweihander, we chase down this one other invader for five minutes and beat him into the ground. I get sent back after waves and bows from the otuer guy I ganked with. <3

Then around 3:00 AM, first host finally is able to summon me back. We gank an invader and the dude fucking falls off the ladder and dies. I decide that's a good point to go to bed.

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm so fucking hyped.

Those Oni designs look sick, but that Samurai Knight boss seems fricken legit. The combat seems faster then Bloodborne, but still very weighty.

We were so off about the bone tool from the teaser. XD I was sure it was gonna be some crazy trick weapon fashioned from a Great Old One.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

We were so off about the bone tool from the teaser. XD I was sure it was gonna be some crazy trick weapon fashioned from a Great Old One.

Do you notice how that hand looks exactly like the Plain Dolls XD

There seems to be a huge variety of weapons, so if you want to use a Samurai Katanna you don't have to. Duel Wielding Axe and Waiksakai looks sick!

The bone weapon is weird but neat, looks like a lot of fun all in all, and they seem to have the "classes" present still. I'll be of course ignoring the weird Ninjutsu magic stuff and sticking with my good ol warrior build.

The Lone Nigga Samurai.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

58 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Stealth is confirmed to be a feature (You can play as a legit Ninja), you saw traces of that in the trailer. 

Ok I take back what I said about leaving the jujitsu stuff alone, if there's stealth magic related stuff? I'm all over that. 

Japanese Dishonored.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Balrog with a name like Ronan Nguyen, you may as well just make that your character's name in this game.

I seriously hate how cool your name is XD 

Ronan is the Celtic spelling, not the Japanese one, Ronin XD Thanks though.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

A little sad this won't be a sequel, but From's earned my trust, and i'm glad they aint going to run any of there franchises into the ground. They do spiritual successors really well.

Honestly, I don't think that Bloodborne needs a sequel. The "true" ending is such a high note to finish on as it is. And I'd hate to see such a good game go the same route as so many others and overstay its welcome.

Full details on the website translated in Japanese. Apparently it's the  Sengoku States period, instead of Edo. So the weapons are going to be classic. 

"Story
It is a time of Warring States.

Far beyond the snowy peaks lies the land of Ashina.
The Sword Saint, Ashina Isshin, had conquered the northern provinces and founded the nation less than a generation ago.
However, Ashina's survival has now fallen into peril.

Dismayed by their plight, Isshin's grandson, the commander of Ashina, secretely relays a message to his troops:
"There are no longer any natural means through which we can protect Ashina from its invaders."
"Now is the time. We need the prince."

And so, the prince was captured.
Though, a prince in name only. In truth he is alone in the world, with neither clan nor vassals to call his own.
Save for a single shinobi...

Thus begins a tale of isolation and fealty between lord and retainer.

Characters
The Prince (Ōji): The sole surviving descendant of an ancient clan that dwelled in the land of Ashina. Like a shinobi, he is alone in the world, and was raised as a ward of the Ashina's chief vassal, Hirata. Despite his age he is stoic and has a strong heart, and he naturally exudes an aura of dignity. As a result of his special heritage, the commander of Ashina ordered that he be captured.

The Prince's Shinobi (Ōji no Shinobi): A shinobi in the prime of their life who serves the prince. Bound by law, they are cold and reticent, but also possess the brutality necessary to complete their mission by any means necessary. A wolf has no compassion, it only kills; the same is true of a talented ninja.

At the start of our tale, they find themself defeated by the commander of Ashina, having lost both the prince and their left arm, which is replaced with the ningishu, a prosthetic ninja arm. "Your lord is paramount. Protect him with your life. If he is captured, retrieve him at any cost." This is the creed that a shinobi lives by; a creed that demands vengeance.

Busshi of the Desolate Temple (Aratera no Busshi): An aging man with no left arm. Taciturn and discourteous, he is a hermit who secludes himself in a desolate mountain temple, furiously carving countless statues of the Buddha. He gathers up the shinobi after they are defeated by the commander of Ashina, then offers them his assistance.

Gameplay
Grappling Hook (Kanigawa): A special grappling hook incorporated into the ninja prosthetic. The sharpened hook attached to its tip can be embedded and entangled, allowing you to move to out of the way locations that can't be reached by a normal person. The earth is the samurai's battlefield; it is where the samurai crawl. A talented shinobi is not limited to the ground, and like a bird of prey can can soar above the field of battle.

Ninja Kill (Ninsatsu): Whether armed with a blade, using prosthetic ninja tools, stalking your enemies, or decisevely ending a hard-fought battle with a single killing blow through an exposed weak point, that is ninsatsu, a ninja kill. The method doesn't matter. All that truly matters is being good at killing.

Prosthetic Ninja Tools (Gishuningu): Secret equipment that can be acquired for the ninja prosthetic, such as an axe that will shatter shields, shuriken to quickly strike an enemy, and a wide variety of other implements. In other words, if your opponent must die, you will have a way to kill them.

Ninja Prosthetic (Ningishu): An artificial arm that the protagonist receives from the Busshi. Though crudely fashioned, mechanisms have been incorporated into the ninja prosthetic so that it not only compensates for their lost arm, but gives them access to special ninja tools as well.

"It's just the right fang for a one-armed wolf, eh?"

As if to prove the Busshi's words correct, I wade through battle with the stench of blood and fat clinging to me.

Spec
Title: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows
Developer / Publisher: FromSoftware, Activision
Genre: Action-Adventure
Number of Players: Single-player
Release Date: Early 2019
Price: TBA
CERO: Rating Pending
Minor Notes
The word Sekirō (隻狼) is a shortening of sekiwan no rō (隻腕の狼), which means "one-armed wolf." You could roughly translate it to something like "lonewolf," "halfwolf," or "biwolf," as seki means "one half of a pair," but it essentially refers to the protagonist, the "one-armed wolf," only having one arm.

The game's tagline in Japanese is, "One-armed wolf, endure in the Sengoku." (「隻腕の狼、戦国に忍ぶ。」, "Sekiwan no rō, Sengoku ni shinobu.") The use of shinobu (忍ぶ) brings to mind the ninja (忍者), literally "those who endure," also known simply as shinobi (忍 or 忍び), a motif that seems to be recurring.

The line "(As for that... ninja prosthetic.) It's just the right fang for a one-armed wolf, eh?" appears in the subtitles in the trailer, but the spoken English dialogue that accompanies it was given as, "(The limb you have lost will give way to something more... useful.) You'll learn to appreciate its worth."

Interestingly, we're not playing as a Samurai, but a Shinobi (Ninja) bodyguard. 

• Like 2