Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #25

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Milk-Drinker Edition

• Empress Dales Motierre
    • General Gracchus Ceno
    • Countess Magdela Bathory
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • Titus Scipio
    • Aetius Aquilarios
    • Yornar the Witch-King
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Avitus Agrippa

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So now we have reports about screams in the cell, a fight, and now someone on 4chan posted about it?

This is almost too easy tbh.

Even the media isn't fucking buying it (that's says alot) How stupid do they think people are? This isn't even the realm of conspiracy, it's fucking obvious. 

This reminds me of a National Geographic episode I once saw many years ago. It was about an investigation into a pedophile ring where the suspected "clients" were some really wealthy and influential people. The policeman, or agent (don't remember much of the details, this was a long time ago), investigating got an order from higher up that he was to shut down the investigation. He refused but the whole thing ground to a halt anyway. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Even the media isn't fucking buying it (that's says alot)

Don’t mistake their compliance with stupidity. The media never buys this shit. Their job is to push the narrative that their owners want them to push, not inform us about the truth. They certainly "bought it" a few days ago when every mainstream outlet pushed the suicide as fact without any evidence.

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This isn't even the realm of conspiracy, it's fucking obvious. 

Conspiracy doesn’t mean fake. That’s just a stigma. This is most definitely a conspiracy.

Congratulations. You’re officially a conspiracy theorist. XD 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t mistake their compliance with stupidity. The media never buys this shit. Their job is to push the narrative that their owners want them to push, not inform us about the truth. They certainly "bought it" a few days ago when every mainstream outlet pushed the suicide as fact without any evidence.

Conspiracy doesn’t mean fake. That’s just a stigma. This is most definitely a conspiracy.

Congratulations. You’re officially a conspiracy theorist. XD 

I always viewed conspiracy as things that were mysterious, shrouded in secretly, debatable, with some having more validity then others. While this seems pretty clear cut to me. XD

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The policeman, or agent (don't remember much of the details, this was a long time ago), investigating got an order from higher up that he was to shut down the investigation. He refused but the whole thing ground to a halt anyway. 

Well the FBI are supposedly conducting a raid on Epstein’s island as we speak, so hopefully that won’t happen here. But based on their track record, I’m putting 60% odds that they’re destroying the most incriminating evidence and will return with just enough to make people think they did their jobs, and 40% that this is actually an attempt to do everything possible to bust the ring.

One thing that gives me hope for the latter is that there have been huge efforts these past two years by the DOJ to hunt down pedos. I’m hoping this is the culmination of that.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I always viewed conspiracy as things that were mysterious, shrouded in secretly, debatable, with some having more validity then others. While this seems pretty clear cut to me. XD

A conspiracy is just a group of people conspiring together to achieve something in secret. The US was founded by conspirators.

This one either wasn’t covered well at all or we’re still being lied to in some way. Or the orchestrators don’t care because as long as Epstein is out of the picture and there is no proof of who is responsible, it doesn’t matter what the public thinks. The threat is dealt with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

A conspiracy is just a group of people conspiring together to achieve something in secret. The US was founded by conspirators.

This one either wasn’t covered well at all or we’re still being lied to in some way. Or the orchestrators don’t care because as long as Epstein is out of the picture and there is no proof of who is responsible, it doesn’t matter what the public thinks. The threat is dealt with.

I mean that's certainly it's historical context, but I see it thrown around alot more for different ways these days,

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean that's certainly it's historical context, but I see it thrown around alot more for different ways these days,

By people who want to paint theorists in a negative light. Usually because they are owned by the ones doing the conspiring. If you are a shady conspirator involved in billion dollar crime rings, one of the best things you can accomplish is make the public ostracize those who are suspicious of you. 

The "crazy conspiracy theorist" trope is one of many successful attempts to redefine words or alter the public’s perception of those words for political or malicious reasons.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wrong thread XD 

Flame Lurker is my third favorite boss. He has zero gimmicks, you need to learn his moveset and beat him. How you enjoying the game? 

Quite well. Would enjoy it much more if it wasn't a bit laggy. Its makimg this fight much harder with the inconsistent frames.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

But based on their track record, I’m putting 60% odds that they’re destroying the most incriminating evidence and will return with just enough to make people think they did their jobs, and 40% that this is actually an attempt to do everything possible to bust the ring.

That's very generous of you.

• Like 1