Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #7

Pick a diety  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which god would you follow?

• The god of knowledge, magic, schemes and change.
    • The god of pleasure, excess, beauty and all things perverted.
    • The god of war, rage, violence and murder.
    • The god of decay, disease and stagnation.

So LOL Beth just updated Skyrim SE with a 1GB patch...that does nothing, but add in the groundwork for the next Creation Club content drop. And it's broken essentially every mod that uses the prototype Script Extender. LOL I dont even think having Skyrim SE is worth it anymore...

13 minutes ago, Celan said:

Are they deliberately breaking mods to force people to use the paid versions?

Nah I dont think so. Because the Creation Club stuff is nothing alike to the Mods that need Script Extender to run.

Like one of the more recent ones in they bring back Nix hounds from Morrowind to Solsthiem...okay. Kinda cool? What makes it worth five bucks?

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

But this could set a precedent, and convince modders it's not worth it to make/ use the larger mods if they're going to get broken all the time even long after the game content is done.

I still don't think Gamers are going to be like "Well since I have to keep reinstalling the Unofficial Patch and Intersting NPC's, it's time to switch over to horse skins and crab armor hurrr durrr" 

Unless Beth starts pushing out more advanced Creation Club Mods that is. Some of the stuff have somewhat decent production quality (the Arcade Machines being the prominent example) and make me say "cool", but not quite to the level of regular modding (yet.)

I'm more thinking about the modders who have to keep providing updates. But if I'm only half interested in the game, I'm sure as hell not going to keep renewing mods over and over. This whole thing has ensured I'll never replay Skyrim ever again.

All that Skywind and Morblivion shit or whatever’s gonna come out before I ever get another SKSE. Honestly I don’t care anymore at this point, that’s the only thing that could get me back into Skyrim. So I’m perfectly ok with saying goodbye to it for good. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

All that Skywind and Morblivion shit or whatever’s gonna come out before I ever get another SKSE. Honestly I don’t care anymore at this point, that’s the only thing that could get me back into Skyrim. So I’m perfectly ok with saying goodbye to it for good. 

Witcher and Dark Souls are your RPG's now XD