Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #7

Pick a diety  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which god would you follow?

• The god of knowledge, magic, schemes and change.
    • The god of pleasure, excess, beauty and all things perverted.
    • The god of war, rage, violence and murder.
    • The god of decay, disease and stagnation.

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Just lost 2000 souls :P

One day you’ll be laughing at this comment. You’ll be able to lose 100k and just go “meh”. Losing ember kinda sucks early on, but don’t worry too much about souls. 

And yeah, if you like the halberd a lot then you should upgrade it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

One day you’ll be laughing at this comment. You’ll be able to lose 100k and just go “meh”. Losing ember kinda sucks early on, but don’t worry too much about souls. 

And yeah, if you like the halberd a lot then you should upgrade it. 

That's why I got over it so quickly, been training on the second bonfire on the high wall.

I really like the halberd, it has good reach, decently quick R1 attacks, good spinning R2 one. When you role and then attack right afterwards you swing real fast, speaking of quick attacks without a shield and wielding it one handed if you hit L1 your attacks are literally as fast as daggers.

I've been reading a book on Vikings my prof recommended me. Pretty cool, but oddly enough, the thing that fascinates me the most is the conversion to Christianity. Apparently most Vikings, even the ones who we're thinking the Christian God was the real deal, still worshiped the Norse Gods even when they converted. Like they we're just adding "the Christ god" to their already massive Pantheon. Seems simple enough, but it's pretty alien to me.

Even the Bible while it saying God is the only God, acknowledges other gods as well. Granted, it’s not supposed to be taken literally, but you surely could.

Thou shalt Have no other gods before me. That alone without context could be taken as an admission of other gods existing. A lot of the Bible is up for interpretation.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Remember, you don’t have to kill them.

Once you get the loot, try finding ways to just run past them and avoid the enemies.

Went and explored last night and got the Estus shard, found the most direct route and I take it. I have the option of going down into a staircase with a fuckton of knights or going right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thou shalt Have no other gods before me. That alone without context could be taken as an admission of other gods existing. A lot of the Bible is up for interpretation.

I wouldn’t say this is an admission of other gods existing, just the worship of them. Another god in this context can be anything, even yourself. It’s saying that you shouldn’t worship anything but the Lord.

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I've been reading a book on Vikings my prof recommended me. Pretty cool, but oddly enough, the thing that fascinates me the most is the conversion to Christianity. Apparently most Vikings, even the ones who we're thinking the Christian God was the real deal, still worshiped the Norse Gods even when they converted. Like they we're just adding "the Christ god" to their already massive Pantheon. Seems simple enough, but it's pretty alien to me.

There were lots of funny and neat things like this when it came to pagan conversions back then that didn’t necessarily jive with Christianity. Like how a lot of art and poetry of the time described Christ in a more warrior-like fashion, to make him more appealing to peoples that valued strength more than mercy and the like. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Went and explored last night and got the Estus shard, found the most direct route and I take it. I have the option of going down into a staircase with a fuckton of knights or going right.

You’re learning ;) explore all passages, you’ll find shortcuts. And you’re close to one now in fact.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I wouldn’t say this is an admission of other gods existing, just the worship of them. Another god in this context can be anything, even yourself. It’s saying that you shouldn’t worship anything but the Lord.

I know, that’s the typical Christian interpretation but to a pagan that can be taken quite literally.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So... What's the point of R2 when the knights aren't even stun locked?

Some attacks and weapons are better for some enemies than others. Knights can absolutely be stunlocked but I never used the halberd so I can’t speak to how effective it is against them.