Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I hear it's a very fun "turn off your brain" kind of game; you get to live in the post-apocalyptic  world with your buddies and just fuck around. Might appeal to him through that XD

To each his own, I guess. I sank a lot of hours into it, found plenty to like and plenty to hate, but it’s hard to imagine enjoying it for five straight years. The content dries up fast once you reach the endgame, and there’s really no reason to replay with a new character except for a single branching questline.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee @anyone else who cares  XD

These things are gimmicky as hell, but I still think it’s kinda fun. I’m curious who y’all end up with. Got a hunch that Colonel will get my favorite, Edward.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/quiz

I got Evie Frye. Not my favorite character, or fifth, but it’s probably indeed the best fit because she was the only character I found very relatable in that game. XD  

Hide contents

YOU ARE

EVIE FRYE

ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE

You are Evie Frye, British Assassin and co-founder of the Rooks. Inspired, inventive, and introspective; you can formulate and follow a well-made plan from start to finish. Even if you have to keep others around you in check, they still appreciate having the mastermind on their side.

Same boat lol

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/quiz/eivor

YOU ARE

EIVOR VARINSDOTTIR

ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA

You are Eivor Varinsdottir, a fierce warrior driven to protect your loved ones from the hardships of the world, even if it means you weather those hardships alone. You are honest, honor-bound, and loyal. While you may be slow to warm up, once new people can be trusted, they’ll be as close as family.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ngl that sounds like Baldur

Besides the "honest" part. XD 

I’m not familiar with Eivor. To be honest, I forgot about the Viking characters. But going off the description, that sounds like a good fit too.

I still think Edward suits you too. He’s more extroverted though, so that’s probably why you didn’t land with him. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Besides the "honest" part. XD 

I’m not familiar with Eivor. To be honest, I forgot about the Viking characters. But going off the description, that sounds like a good fit too.

I still think Edward suits you too. He’s more extroverted though, so that’s probably why you didn’t land with him. 

That parts more about like, in a normal situation. 

And both of us are honest until it’s necessary not to be basically. I am honest to a fault.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

That parts more about like, in a normal situation. 

And both of us are honest until it’s necessary not to be basically. I am honest to a fault.

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t ever say you’re not honest. I was just talking about Baldur. He’ll lie to just about anyone if he feels that he needs to.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t ever say you’re not honest. I was just talking about Baldur. He’ll lie to just about anyone if he feels that he needs to.

We’re the same in that regard is what I mean lol. Need vs want, I would lie all the time if I feel the truth is compromising. Difference is Baldur is a military leader and that is often the case.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We’re the same in that regard is what I mean lol. Need vs want, I would lie all the time if I feel the truth is compromising. Difference is Baldur is a military leader and that is often the case.

It’s a question of what he considers a "need", then. Because one could argue that Baldur didn’t need to cover for Boldir. Simply executing him would’ve been the more strategic move as a leader. But he wanted his friend to live so he chose to lie instead.

A more strategic lie would be the causes and coverup of Ulfric’s death.

47 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s a question of what he considers a "need", then. Because one could argue that Baldur didn’t need to cover for Boldir. Simply executing him would’ve been the more strategic move as a leader. But he wanted his friend to live so he chose to lie instead.

A more strategic lie would be the causes and coverup of Ulfric’s death.

Its right there in the profile :p Boldir is family. Its not a 100 percent rule, I only meant that Baldur encounters a need to lie much more often than I do, because he's a military leader. It may be more strategic to do what you said but thats besides the point. Its not how he lies or why, but that because of his position, he's in the position to influence things more.

Either in his favor personally or for that of his nation. In both cases I do not end up in those positions xD Thus I have the luxury of being earnest.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m really curious what the description they gave for someone who got Kassandra was, because she’s more a blank slate "character" compared to the ones before her who are really well defined.

The biggest problem with it and Valhalla to be honest. Even Arno had more personality (Especially Grumpy Arno)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Its right there in the profile :p Boldir is family. Its not a 100 percent rule, I only meant that Baldur encounters a need to lie much more often than I do, because he's a military leader. It may be more strategic to do what you said but thats besides the point. Its not how he lies or why, but that because of his position, he's in the position to influence things more.

Either in his favor personally or for that of his nation. In both cases I do not end up in those positions xD Thus I have the luxury of being earnest.

Of course if we're talking about Warrior Cultures if Baldur was a Samurai and Daiymo Ulfric told him to cut Boldir's head off he would be expected to also ask how he wants him to depose his family too XD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So would you have done the Ulfric thing? Because to me, that and many of his other plans (the illusory "rape" to break Lorgar, the trick he pulled in Alik’r) is a big part of why I tend to view Baldur as a Loki/Lorkhan type of trickster who regularly uses secrets and dishonesty as weapons. Hence why I don’t view him as a very honest person.

But I suppose you’re right that one ought to distinguish between day-to-day interactions and how he deals with enemies. Because Baldur will tell you to your face exactly what he thinks of you, but he’s more than happy to destroy you with trickery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Of course if we're talking about Warrior Cultures if Baldur was a Samurai and Daiymo Ulfric told him to cut Boldir's head off he would be expected to also ask how he wants him to depose his family too XD

Which would naturally lead to Ulfric getting his head cut off instead. XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which would naturally lead to Ulfric getting his head cut off instead. XD 

One of the tenants of Bushido is absoutle loyalty to your liege lord; morality is irreverent to loyalty. 

I compare them because the whole Norse kind of etiequette for there warrior elite is quite similar.

But then again if Baldur was a Samurai he'd be the ambitious one who ends up cutting off his Lord's head and be able to finally justify it with the whole "kill your blood-brother" thing XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The biggest problem with it and Valhalla to be honest. Even Arno had more personality (Especially Grumpy Arno)

Dead Kings is proof that it’s never too late to take a bland cardboard cutout of a character and turn them into something interesting. Arno is very "meh" in Unity, but that DLC develops him into one of the better characters in the series. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

One of the tenants of Bushido is absoutle loyalty to your liege lord; morality is irreverent to loyalty. 

I compare them because the whole Norse kind of etiequette for there warrior elite is quite similar.

But then again if Baldur was a Samurai he'd be the ambitious one who ends up cutting off his Lord's head and be able to finally justify it with the whole "kill your blood-brother" thing XD

I know. But we already know that Baldur puts family over traditional duty or honor. 

On this note, he kinda reminds me of Jin Sakai by the end of his journey. He will forsake all traditions and conventions, and stoop to heinous lows, in order to defeat the enemy and protect his loved ones. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know. But we already know that Baldur puts family over traditional duty or honor. 

On this note, he kinda reminds me of Jin Sakai by the end of his journey. He will forsake all traditions and conventions, and stoop to heinous lows, in order to defeat the enemy and protect his loved ones. 

A little but I think Baldur is alot more morally compromised XD Jin only resorts to terror tactics on the enemy and refuses to involve innocent people  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

A little but I think Baldur is alot more morally compromised XD Jin only resorts to terror tactics on the enemy and refuses to involve innocent people  

True. His enemy was an invading army so civilian Mongols never came into play, but I could honestly see his character progressing that way if it came down to it. His whole arc is about being pushed to cross more and more lines until he no longer resembles a samurai at all. Knowingly getting civilian Mongols killed is a much smaller step from where he’s at now than where he was at the beginning. 

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee @anyone else who cares  XD

These things are gimmicky as hell, but I still think it’s kinda fun. I’m curious who y’all end up with. Got a hunch that Colonel will get my favorite, Edward.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/quiz

I got Evie Frye. Not my favorite character, or fifth, but it’s probably indeed the best fit because she was the only character I found very relatable in that game. XD  

Reveal hidden contents

YOU ARE

EVIE FRYE

ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE

You are Evie Frye, British Assassin and co-founder of the Rooks. Inspired, inventive, and introspective; you can formulate and follow a well-made plan from start to finish. Even if you have to keep others around you in check, they still appreciate having the mastermind on their side.

I also got Evie Frye. I have no idea who that is. XD 

• Haha 2