Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

damn near did for the last of us as well, I was in love with that game 

Yeah, this is why TLoU2 is my most hated game ever. Not only does it shit all over the characters and themes of the first game, not only is it a boring and badly written slog in its own right, but it’s also legit just scummy how they sold it.

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, this is why TLoU2 is my most hated game ever. Not only does it shit all over the characters and themes of the first game, not only is it a boring and badly written slog in its own right, but it’s also legit just scummy how they sold it.

DA2 the same, though Dragon Age has become such a joke that I hardly even have nostalgia for it anymore.

But I do remember developers blaming TLOU2 hate on miSogyNy over Abby. I hadn't even heard about that trailer nonsense.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently someone's spent the four last years creating a fan animation depicting Noble Six Surviving Reach XD (It's forty minutes long too) It actually looks cool, has voice acting (albeit cheesy voice acting), and seems well-animated. Going to be out in April.  

I wonder how the hell the guy's going to frame his survival :rofl:

Noble Six got stabbed at least twice with an energy sword before the camera fades to black. Now that's not quite as lethal as a lightsaber (in the pre-Disney continuity XD), but goddamn he ain't surviving the four or five zealots that rushed him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I wonder how the hell the guy's going to frame his survival :rofl:

Noble Six got stabbed at least twice with an energy sword before the camera fades to black. Now that's not quite as lethal as a lightsaber (in the pre-Disney continuity XD), but goddamn he ain't surviving the four or five zealots that rushed him.

The fuck if I know XD

When I used to read Halo Fanfiction, they always had Jun show up at the last minute. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The fuck if I know XD

When I used to read Halo Fanfiction, they always had Jun show up at the last minute. 

Jun, riding in the back of a Pelican snipes the elite's hand juuuuuuuust as he's about to plunge the gay ass little sissy energy gauntlet dagger into Noble Sex. And then Dr. Halsey who's carrying Jorge's gun opens a barrage on all the other Covies in the area.

12 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Jun, riding in the back of a Pelican snipes the elite's hand juuuuuuuust as he's about to plunge the gay ass little sissy energy gauntlet dagger into Noble Sex. And then Dr. Halsey who's carrying Jorge's gun opens a barrage on all the other Covies in the area.

*Master Chief, watching from a window of the departing Pillar of Autumn, takes out a magic marker and draws a smiley face on his visor.* :MasterChief:

• Haha 3

I'm running a Nord, an old veteran of the War of Bend'r-mahk. Just a straight up warrior, using polearms and axes as major skills. Alongside heavy armor, athletics and acrobatics. He'd use enchanted items and scrolls in a heartbeat but aside from knowing a minor heal for emergencies, he has no magic.

It'll be fun roleplaying a classic Nord adventurer, I knew I'd love this character the moment I one shot an ancestor ghost as I robbed this ancestral tomb :rofl:

• Like 1

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee @anyone else who cares  XD

These things are gimmicky as hell, but I still think it’s kinda fun. I’m curious who y’all end up with. Got a hunch that Colonel will get my favorite, Edward.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/quiz

I got Evie Frye. Not my favorite character, or fifth, but it’s probably indeed the best fit because she was the only character I found very relatable in that game. XD  

YOU ARE

EVIE FRYE

ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE

You are Evie Frye, British Assassin and co-founder of the Rooks. Inspired, inventive, and introspective; you can formulate and follow a well-made plan from start to finish. Even if you have to keep others around you in check, they still appreciate having the mastermind on their side.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Makes sense. He seems like the "focused, hard working introvert" choice.

I edited into my post that I got Evie. Which, honestly, I’ll take as a compliment. She was level-headed. :lol: 

Evie and Jacob went hard  XD Way cooler then the story they were in. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Evie and Jacob went hard  XD Way cooler then the story they were in. 

For sure. The siblings were by far the best part of an otherwise mediocre game. Too bad that’s probably the last we’ll see of them.

And while Jacob is more exciting, I’d definitely rather get Evie on a personality test. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

For sure. The siblings were by far the best part of an otherwise mediocre game. Too bad that’s probably the last we’ll see of them.

And while Jacob is more exciting, I’d definitely rather get Evie on a personality test. XD 

Jacob just want to fuck around and cause chaos with his legit evil Templar frenemy at one point XD And he trained Jack the Ripper XD Dude's legit crazy

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Jacob just want to fuck around and cause chaos with his legit evil Templar frenemy at one point XD And he trained Jack the Ripper XD Dude's legit crazy

Whereas Evie’s whole story is cleaning up his messes. And there is no doubt in my mind that my younger brother would get Jacob, so that actually fits even better. XD 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, John’s been talking about how he’s a huge FO76 fan almost since release. I’m a little curious which aspects of it appeal to him so much. 

I hear it's a very fun "turn off your brain" kind of game; you get to live in the post-apocalyptic  world with your buddies and just fuck around. Might appeal to him through that XD