Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That is cool. What did they do to actually slow it down instead of just sliding for miles?

The runway is blue ice (compacted glacial ice)- it was prepared to have a certain friction rating.

My company does a lot of repairs for the 787 which is Boeing’s newest wide body. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

PS1 aesthetics were great if done well. Capcom and Konami used the hardware right (there's a reason there's an entire indie movement replicating them) 

For sure. Some of my favorite game settings ever come from that era. They knew what to focus on to get you immersed, so even graphics were lacking, your imagination could fill in the gaps.

Whole reason Dino Crisis 2 is so awesome is because ruined military bases and research facilities deep in a prehistoric jungle full of dinosaurs is just a kickass setting for survival horror.

I just watched The Little Shop of Horrors. The original. I don't think I will be able to take the OG Gravemind seriously again with how much they homaged this ridiculous design. He might as well say "FEED ME SEYMOUR!" 

LSOhorrors60_haze-audreyjr.jpg

The Flood's image might have forever tarnished for me if they hadn't give him his amazing anniversary update. 

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I would, but I’ve gotta turn in early tonight. If I get on there I’m sure I’ll be up all night. XD 

>.<
it’s all good I found a talking partner to entertain me for the night lol just realized it’s almost five XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

For some apparent reason alot of gaming news happened. Half Life got a free "definitive" edition.

Last of Us 2 Remastered was announced for a January release....and besides the usual stuff, it contains a "rogue-like" Survivals/horror mode that's a "completely new experience" XD Sounds a little Souls-like (so I guess this is what Neil said he was itching to experiment with the genre?)

If nothing else,. it's still pretty life-like in it's production quality, though why the fuck does a four year old game need a remaster?!

Dragon's Dogma 2 is releasing MARCH next year, which is WAY sooner then I thought! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Last of Us 2 Remastered

That’s so dumb. TLoU2 is already one of the most graphically impressive games out there. Can hardly think of anything less in need of a remaster. Who would even want it?

52 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

it contains a "rogue-like" Survivals/horror mode that's a "completely new experience" XD 

Yeah, sorry Neil, but I’m not buying it. Figuratively or literally. XD I guarantee you it’s just them trying to get something out of the assets they wasted years on for that canceled multiplayer game. Probably cobbled this together just to appease Sony and remain relevant. 

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 10:00 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

For some apparent reason alot of gaming news happened. Half Life got a free "definitive" edition.

Last of Us 2 Remastered was announced for a January release....and besides the usual stuff, it contains a "rogue-like" Survivals/horror mode that's a "completely new experience" XD Sounds a little Souls-like (so I guess this is what Neil said he was itching to experiment with the genre?)

If nothing else,. it's still pretty life-like in it's production quality, though why the fuck does a four year old game need a remaster?!

Dragon's Dogma 2 is releasing MARCH next year, which is WAY sooner then I thought! 

If I didn’t know the actual truth I’d say this must be a pretty damn good game lol, the trailer they made is excellent XD step 1. Hide the the trans feminist body from the game 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If I didn’t know the actual truth I’d say this must be a pretty damn good game lol, the trailer they made is excellent

Original’s trailers made it look even better. Because they straight up lied in those. XD

They literally copy-pasted Joel into other characters’ scenes, looooong after he dies, to trick fans into believing that he was going to be in the game a lot more than the reality.

ViHdhoO.png

Yikes. 

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

How in hell did they think fans weren't going to be livid over the bait and switch? That's literally a bait and switch.

To be fai (ish) alot of devs use that trick to avoid spoilers (Hideo Kojima had it as his trademark) Though in the context of the game, it's especially deceptive to be sure. 

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be fai (ish) alot of devs use that trick to avoid spoilers (Hideo Kojima had it as his trademark) Though in the context of the game, it's especially deceptive to be sure. 

Joel was the main selling point. Showing him in Seattle (where he never goes) and giving him other characters’ lines to imply that this is another game about him and Ellie on a journey together, is straight up false advertising.

It’s like marketing a Halo game around Master Chief, when it’s actually all about Spartan Locke. People were rightfully pissed to not get what they were told they’d be paying for.

5 hours ago, Celan said:

How in hell did they think fans weren't going to be livid over the bait and switch? That's literally a bait and switch.

I honestly don’t think they cared. By the time you realize you’ve been tricked, they already have your money. Hell, they’d have gotten mine if not for an employee leaking the story and telling everyone that it was deceptive marketing shortly before launch. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Joel was the main selling point. Showing him in Seattle (where he never goes) and giving him other characters’ lines to imply that this is another game about him and Ellie on a journey together, is straight up false advertising.

It’s like marketing a Halo game around Master Chief, when it’s actually all about Spartan Locke or some shit. People were rightfully pissed to not get what they were told they’d be paying for.

I honestly don’t think they cared. By the time you realize you’ve been tricked, they already have your money. Hell, they’d have gotten mine if not for an employee leaking the story and telling everyone that it was deceptive marketing shortly before launch. 

Was it false advertising to put Snake in all of Raiden's cutscenes to hide the fact you only play as Snake during the prologue chapter of the game XD And yet MGS2 is regarded as a masterpiece. 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s like marketing a Halo game around Master Chief, when it’s actually all about Spartan Locke. People were rightfully pissed to not get what they were told they’d be paying for.

I would riot

damn near did for the last of us as well, I was in love with that game 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Was it false advertising to put Snake in all of Raiden's cutscenes to hide the fact you only play as Snake during the prologue chapter of the game XD 

Yes. Anyone who bought the game because they were promised a continuation of Snake’s story would have every right to be pissed. 

And if MGS2 sucked as hard as TLoU2, more people probably would’ve been.