Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

His name was Zemo. Just a regular guy whose family died in collateral damage of a previous movie. 

As far as I can think of, he is the only villain besides Thanos who actually succeeds at his goal and tears apart the Avengers for revenge.

He does torture a Nazi for info in a scene so he can get control of the Winter Soldier, so maybe that’s what you’re thinking of.

I googled, and still barely remember this guy. I’ve seen it twice too, which is crazy

looks like you lol

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think they had Tony playing out of character is all, and the drama was just kinda like some shit you’d see in south park wrestlemania.

He killed my father!! I’m the smartest man in the world and will invent time travel but I can’t understand how kind control works! He killed my father B!

I don’t blame Civil War for a later movie giving Tony the ability to time travel. That’s Endgame’s fault. XD 

I think Tony understood how mind control works. He just didn’t care. The real breaking point is when he sees his mother. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I googled, and still barely remember this guy. I’ve seen it twice too, which is crazy

looks like you lol

I can understand that. Can see how he’d be forgettable given that all the typical memorable villain stuff ends up being Winter Soldier or Tony Stark fighting against their friends. Partly why I like Zemo; he is weaker than all of the Avengers but is the one who ultimately breaks them by turning them against each other.

He’s also convicted. Everyone thinks he’s trying to wake an army of super soldiers like Winter Soldier, but he is actually there to murder them in their sleep. He hates the whole idea of super beings and sticks by that even when he could be in charge of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hulk getting bitched out made thanos that much more terrifying tho xD I’ll allow it

Tho maybe not for the whole movie lol

Not that. I loved that part. I’m talking about lame Nerd Hulk in Endgame. 

And whoever came up with Fat Thor should never be allowed to write again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not that. I loved that part. I’m talking about lame Nerd Hulk in Endgame. 

And whoever came up with Fat Thor should never be allowed to write again. 

Yea it was fucking terrible. As was him playing Fortnite on top of it lol product placement at its worst

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Drama for Dramas sake to make characters react stupidly always bothers me. But I get it.

But it wasn’t drama for drama’s sake. Tony and Cap’s arcs were always building towards that, Cap starting as the boyscout rule-follower and Tony the libertarian rockstar, and each of their movies pushing them in the opposite direction (Cap becomes cynical of controllers while Tony becomes controlling) until they intersect and come to blows. Cap keeping secret who killed Tony’s parents was just the thing used by a clever villain to push Tony over the edge in a heated moment.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Didn't that also include product placement for Fortnite XD

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea it was fucking terrible. As was him playing Fortnite on top of it lol product placement at its worst

Was talking about this with my brother a few days ago. In twenty years, nothing will make these movies feel more dated than shitty "trendy" product placements. XD 

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Granted, some of the lesser characters in that movie probably were drama for drama’s sake. XD I know the Airport fight is the part everyone loves because you get to see all the heroes fighting each other, but it’s honestly my least favorite part of the movie. 

I think this is why I feel like the rest of it was as well, it majorly dampened that plot for me and made the whole movie feel like a schoolyard scrap, especially the airport

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Spider-Man was the best though lol always funny

Spider-Man might be the most consistently good character who appears in lots of these movies. Which is made all the funnier because he is the only one who Disney barely makes any money off. Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man, so even when Disney makes his movies, and even when they make like a billion dollars, they only get to bring home a fraction of their normal profits, and their competition gets to take home lion’s share off their work. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think this is why I feel like the rest of it was as well, it majorly dampened that plot for me and made the whole movie feel like a schoolyard scrap, especially the airport

I feel that. But it’s also part of why I like the final act so much. The kiddy gloves are most of the movie (except in T’Challa and Zemo’s scenes), but when they come off, it’s some of the rawest content in the whole MCU. 

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

On the subject of all this stuff, @Centurion once brought up the Winter Soldier actor as a good option to play a young Master Luke Skywalker post-OT (pretending the Sequels don’t exist). I’d never thought about it before but honestly really like that idea. He looks the part and is a damn good actor. 

“Once brought up” bruh that was like a month ago :rofl: acting like it was way back in the misty times of yore

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw: