Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What else even could have? Ragnarök maybe, but it didn’t have nearly the same hype as Elden Ring. And the media likes rewarding FromSoft because it lets them pretend to be gamers for a little while.

Alan Wake 2 will. Watch. Game was made for awards. RE4 is better in every category, but it won’t matter.

Gives them articles to write as well

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

On 11/13/2023 at 3:51 AM, Witchking of Angmar said:

Would you prefer if I showed up just to be an ass instead? :P

I’m an ass man lol and it never stopped our other Scandinavian friend from being wrong lol

I never read the books so I don’t care about that the movie was dope, it has crixus the undefeated motherfucking Gaul as the white Orc lol and Thorin is the man. Smaug is awesome as well.

And @BigBossBalrog I loved the extended cut especially for thorins badass racist cousin lmfao and the elves vs dwarves.

You all can lick me lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gives them articles to write as well

Elden Ring or Alan Wake 2? Guess it doesn’t matter because you’re right either way. They’re still writing about ER; even when they hate what it represents, giving it the win is good for headlines. Kinda like Trump becoming president was the best thing that could’ve happened for the media who hate him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Nerdrotic Marvels takedown

It’s legitimately impressive how quickly and efficiently Disney with its agendas and allergy to keeping good writers has destroyed the profitability of the two biggest money-making franchises in existence.

It’s only been four years since an Avengers was the most lucrative movie of all time. Now they’re struggling to release something that can even turn a profit.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s legitimately impressive how quickly and efficiently Disney with its agendas and allergy to keeping good writers has destroyed the profitability of the two biggest money-making franchises in existence.

It’s only been four years since an Avengers was the most lucrative movie of all time. Now they’re struggling to release something that can even turn a profit.

Honestly, I can see it now that I'm doing MBA classes. You spend weeks regurgitating nonsense about "corporate social responsibility." There should be a lot less of that and a lot more accounting and finance classes. Scary to think that the people who are running most companies had business school and maybe nothing else. Maybe it was better back in the day.

I just like watching Nerdrotic to hear him say "analist." Especially since my job title is analyst. XD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I liked the first two Captain Americas and Iron man 1. 

Werewolf By Dark is the my favorite though; you really need to give it a watch. 

I forgot there was even a second one since the winter soldier dude was way cooler.

Iron Man 1 was the shit but I enjoyed them all. Would only rewatch one though. Plus I hated the commercial for 2 lol. “You complete me!” *hops off roof*

me: barf

Thor movies are a guilty pleasure of mine and suck but Ragnarok was awesome.

Endgame was the shit.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 I enjoyed, haven’t seen 3. But one was a blast

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I forgot there was even a second one since the winter soldier dude was way cooler.

He was the co-star in one of their TV shows and got done so dirty that it basically killed the MCU for me.

Serves me right for even bothering to keep watching after the movie literally called Endgame. XD It’s so obvious that they had no idea what they were doing after that. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Civil war was ass which is sad cause it had the best T’challa

Civil War is in my top 3. XD Best T’Challa by far and best of Cap, Winter Soldier, and some of the best Iron Man. Has my favorite villain too.

Gets bogged down by too many characters in the middle. But the parts that focus on the main three or four are some of the best in the series. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As far as I’m concerned, Thanos won lol nothing else matters after that.

Though, they should’ve had Thor kill him with Stormbringer.

In my head, the series ends 15 minutes into Endgame. 

Thanos snaps and kills 1/2 of everyone at the end of Infinity War. The Avengers live up to their name and avenge them by tracking him down, and Thor delivers the killing blow by beheading him.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He was the co-star in one of their TV shows and got done so dirty that it basically killed the MCU for me.

Serves me right for even bothering to keep watching after the movie literally called Endgame. XD It’s so obvious that they had no idea what they were doing after that. 

1006274.png

The greatest marvel movie of the new era didn't even feel like a Marvel movie XD

• Haha 1

I think they had Tony playing out of character is all, and the drama was just kinda like some shit you’d see in south park wrestlemania.

He killed my father!! I’m the smartest man in the world and will invent time travel but I can’t understand how kind control works! He killed my father B!

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

In my head, the series ends 15 minutes into Endgame. 

Thanos snaps and kills 1/2 of everyone at the end of Infinity War. The Avengers live up to their name and avenge them by tracking him down, and Thor delivers the killing blow by beheading him.

That’s a good ending yea. And we never get fat Thor. The end

• Like 1

Who was the villain XD I don’t even remember

The Nazis?

His name was Zemo. Just a regular guy whose family died in collateral damage of a previous movie. 

As far as I can think of, he is the only villain besides Thanos who actually succeeds at his goal and tears apart the Avengers for revenge.

He does torture a Nazi for info in a scene so he can get control of the Winter Soldier, so maybe that’s what you’re thinking of.

That’s a good ending yea. And we never get fat Thor. The end

Yeah, Thor and Hulk never get character assassinated. Thanos goes out as a 3 dimensional villain instead of the mustache twirler he becomes. The incredible ending of Infinity War doesn’t get undermined by bringing everyone back. NO TIME TRAVEL. It just all around is a better place to end things. 

• Like 1