Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #23

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It looked like it was the Age of God's. It's for world building purposes. Same thing with 1's intro and everything associated with Anor London.

I'm just hoping GRRM doesn't change the atmosphere too much. From is unique with their bleakness and ruined nature. I don't want to see a copy of Dark Souls but I'd love it if they kept to their unparalleled world building.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm just hoping GRRM doesn't change the atmosphere too much. From is unique with their bleakness and ruined nature. I don't want to see a copy of Dark Souls but I'd love it if they kept to their unparalleled world building.

A world doesn’t have to be super dark and bleak to be well built. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing them do something that’s not set in an apocalyptically dismal setting. 

I haven’t watched the E3 stuff yet (forgot it was today) but I wouldn’t expect GRRM to have that much influence on it. The guy is actually pretty transparent with his schedule and I don’t think he spent that much time with them. It was probably more of a consulting role and I imagine partly a marketing thing to bank off his popularity and bring in new fans. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

A world doesn’t have to be super dark and bleak to be well built. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing them do something that’s not set in an apocalyptically dismal setting. 

Sekiro wasn't utterly bleak. Sure Ashina was on it's last legs but nothing was world ending catastrophic.

I'll stay hopeful that it won't be high fantasy. I've gotten to the point where I only like a very select few high fantasy games.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

I LOVED THAT CYBERPUNK TRAILER

This is what cyberpunk looks and feels like to me, moreso than the first one. I can't wait to fuck some dudes up with a cybernetically enhanced female PC.

You may have been right about the scorpions in GoT, but I’m glad you were wrong about this. XD 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

I was talking about the leaks from a couple days ago. You know I don't believe anything Balrog says (no offense).

Balrog supposedly creates the leaks and put them on 4chan. From there outlets started reporting on them like they were legit. 

1 minute ago, Daddy Solaire said:

If he has don't it before and of course turned out to be fake there is eventually going to be no creditably left.

Implying that Balrog had credibility to begin with. XD 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

John Wick and Neo is in cyberpunk

I know we ain’t played it yet, but after watching that previous gameplay video like twenty times, I actually felt a little sad when Jackie died in this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Aaaa

The old music brought but such fucking nostalgia. Never played Halo 5 so I don't know what the fuck is going on. I think they're showing the original Halo installation.

I'm so fucking glad they went back to the old aesthetics. The Halo Wars 2 art director being made the full one for the mainline games was one of the best decisions they made.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm so fucking glad they went back to the old aesthetics. The Halo Wars 2 art director being made the full one for the mainline games was one of the best decisions they made.

Halo was such a big part of my childhood. I will jump right the hell back into the series if Infinite is good. And judging by all the signs, it will be.

Back in the day when 5 was being hyped I was on the verge of leaving, seeing the shitshow of that game sucked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Halo was such a big part of my childhood. I will jump right the hell back into the series if Infinite is good. And judging by all the signs, it will be.

Back in the day when 5 was being hyped I was on the verge of leaving, seeing the shitshow of that game sucked.

There was so much weird shit surrounding the development of 5, I'm convinced that it wasn't half the game they were even aiming for. Virtually nothing from the CGI trailers even ended up being in the game at all. It's like they scrapped a lot of stuff, haphazardly patched it up, and then forced out a release way before the game was ready. It was a mess.

At least we know they took their time with this one.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

There was so much weird shit surrounding the development of 5, I'm convinced that it wasn't half the game they were even aiming for. Virtually nothing from the CGI trailers even ended up being in the game at all. It's like they scrapped a lot of stuff, haphazardly patched it up, and then forced out a release way before the game was ready. It was a mess.

At least we know they took their time with this one.

I was such a big nerd that I read all the books (minus the Forerunner ones but that's because of 4) up to Halo 5's release. Was happily listing to the HuntTheTruth(?) podcasts and all that shit.

Hit really close to home when it all went down the shitter.