Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently it's because there preparing for Skull and Bones to be such a huge fucking flop; they want to reuse the new technology and assets they made for it :rofl: Ubisoft never disappoints with its incompetence. 

That makes sense. Though with Mirage coming out, they’ve got a lot of prime assets for an AC1 remake as well.

But yeah, Black Flag might actually be the last game in the series in need of a remake. 

I think its safe to attribute the popularity of the remake trend to Capcoms success; which is funny because RE is doing both well-recieved Remakes AND well-recieved new titles. Wouldn't be surprised if the industry starts pumping out remakes at the expense of new games. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I think its safe to attribute the popularity of the remake trend to Capcoms success; which is funny because RE is doing both well-recieved Remakes AND well-recieved new titles. Wouldn't be surprised if the industry starts pumping out remakes at the expense of new games. 

Hope not. I’m happy to get good quality remakes, but not at the expense of new stuff.

Mirage looks promising though, so maybe that won’t be the case with them. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hope not. I’m happy to get good quality remakes, but not at the expense of new stuff.

Mirage looks promising though, so maybe that won’t be the case with them. 

I mean they are remaking a PS4 game XD I'd be alot more worried if Mirage didn't look good however. 

I wonder if Beth is ever going to jump on the trend. 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor That Sci Fi horror game with Roger Clark (Arthur Morgan) starring comes out next month. 

Production value actually looks pretty crazy for a non AAA game. Hopefully it's good 

Looks interesting. Coming to PC at all?
Though I will say little worried about qtes from the trailer. 

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's the one right, the game you suggested

Yessir! I’ve been playing it a lot today, in fact.

And if so, are the DLCs worth it?

I haven’t played them yet but will be on my current playthrough. I’ve heard they’re very good and have a lot of content.

If I were you, I’d just get the definitive edition that comes with them all. It’s only $2 more right now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:rofl: Bomba. 

Already performing way worse than Crystal Skull, which didn’t do great, and that’s with tickets costing over twice as much as back then. XD This is gonna be the biggest loss LucasFilm or possibly even D+ has ever made. 

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Already performing way worse than Crystal Skull, which didn’t do great, and that’s with tickets costing over twice as much as back then. XD This is gonna be the biggest loss LucasFilm or possibly even D+ has ever made. 

450 million on a dead IP like Indiana Jones that was already ruined before they touched it. What the fuck were they thinking? 

55 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I haven't yet but I sure will when I get back home, any technical or small advice for me starting off?

Don’t be afraid to save an enemy for later if they’re giving you trouble. This game intentionally front loads a few difficult fights off the beaten path, but most will become trivial with more party members or a level up or two.

Class-wise, I’m betting you’ll be a druid, :P which is unfortunately the one I am least familiar with. If so, I’d ask @Celan for any class related advise. Her Watcher was a druid.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

450 million on a dead IP like Indiana Jones that was already ruined before they touched it. What the fuck were they thinking? 

$450 million is just production. Total cost is usually around double that. Charitably, this movie will probably need $800 million just to make it in the green. Probably more.

Realistically, for the money they sank in it, this needed to be a billion dollar movie to be worthwhile. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t be afraid to save an enemy for later if they’re giving you trouble. This game intentionally front loads a few difficult fights off the beaten path, but most will become trivial with more party members or a level up or two.

Class-wise, I’m betting you’ll be a druid, :P which is unfortunately the one I am least familiar with. If so, I’d ask @Celan for any class related advise. Her Watcher was a druid.

$450 million is just production. Total cost is usually around double that. Charitably, this movie will probably need $800 million just to make it in the green. Probably more.

Realistically, for the money they sank in it, this needed to be a billion dollar movie to be worthwhile. 

The article says the marketing cost was about 100 million; and it wouldn't surprised me because I basically say jack shit in terms of commercial and ads about it  :rofl: 

Even 450 Million total would be a bomba considering it's barely made 60 million over the week. 

If they wanted to test the waters they should have done something else with the IP; maybe a limited mini series. 

Druid is super powerful in PoE 1 and got massively nerfed in 2. One reason I didn't like the sequel, though not the most important.

I don't have a lot of advice because it's been so long since I played and I've been on Pathfinder since then, so I would probably get the two muddled.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Here's the thing, I'm not a big fan of the Fantasy Druid. The nature hippy that communes with animals and hates all to do with civilization and steel.

Nah fam, the historical druids, what little we know, were masters and judges of men. Priests and scholars, and at times sinister fuckers. Now if PoE's druids were the esoteric elite, and creepy wizards, that I'd love XD

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Here's the thing, I'm not a big fan of the Fantasy Druid. The nature hippy that communes with animals and hates all to do with civilization and steel.

Nah fam, the historical druids, what little we know, were masters and judges of men. Priests and scholars, and at times sinister fuckers. Now if PoE's druids were the esoteric elite, and creepy wizards, that I'd love XD

Pillars has both sorts, depending on the region and culture in question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

:O

The lore for how their powers work is also really cool. The reincarnation of the soul is a very major and known element of this world. It is a quantifiable fact that most living things have souls.

Druids are technically soul mages who have learned to interact with souls or soul fragments present in the natural world. Those who can "spiritshift" into animal forms are actually tapping into a past life in which their own soul was that of a particular animal. 

• Like 1

Druids aren't nature hippies in the games I've played. They're more likely the darker sort. All in all just nature mages, of which there are goodies and baddies.

• Like 2