Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of Mean Mister Mustache, the main plot of the new Indiana Jones film technically revolves around Indy trying to save Hitler. XD 

Of course, because the Badass Female Lead has to save him from himself.

Speaking of fandom follies, I hadn't seen this quote before and it applies not only to the wretched Witcher series but so many others.

“I’ve been on shows – namely Witcher – where some of the writers were not or actively disliked the books and games (even actively mocking the source material). It’s a recipe for disaster and bad morale. Fandom as a litmus test checks egos, and makes all the long nights worth it. You have to respect the work before you’re allowed to add to its legacy.”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Celan said:

Speaking of fandom follies, I hadn't seen this quote before and it applies not only to the wretched Witcher series but so many others.

Yeah, I saw that the guy they got replacing Henry Cavil was talking about how he’s been reading the books himself to get in the right headspace.

All I could think was "best not, buddy, they’ll fire you too".

Ego and incompetence are rewarded in that cesspool industry. Or they have been. Looks like it’s starting to collapse around them now. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2023/07/04/netflix-throws-liam-hemsworth-under-the-bus-in-their-desperate-marketing-for-the-witcher-season-3/?sh=85505b02a33b

This fucking sucks for Liam XD Netflix seems to be rubbing salt on an open wound 

At least it dosen't seem to be a Kiefer replaces Hayer situation, even the fans who don't like him replacing Henry are sticking up for him

https://www.cinemablend.com/streaming-news/fans-are-not-pleased-about-the-witcher-promos-throwing-liam-hemsworth-under-the-bus?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hell, that is really dirty. XD First they screw over Cavil and throw him under the bus, now they’re treating his replacement like crap in turn.

What an absolute train wreck this entire production has been. 

Someone must really dislike the Witcher at the top brass in Netflix XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

They also found dozens of unused multi-player maps for all the Halo games and are planning to polish them up and release them later; what an amazing legacy team XD

I wonder if Microsoft is funding all this just to keep the Halo brand relevant. Because the MCC still getting so much support without being particularly monetized just feels crazy out of place in the modern multiplayer climate. There’s no way they’re still making that much money off it.

Shit they also said they've begun work on Halo 3's cut Guardians campaign mission; maybe we'll see all the cut Flood forms too XD

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I would actually, unironically, very literally kill someone for Bethesda to do this with the Van Buren demo. 

I'm suprised someone hasn't made the game themselves; there's a pretty comprehensive  game bible that leaked? 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm suprised someone hasn't made the game themselves; there's a pretty comprehensive  game bible that leaked? 

Not so much a leak. After the game got canceled, the devs released tons of their documents on it to the public. Story, factions, characters, locations, map designs and layouts, gameplay mechanics… pretty much everything.

It makes for some good reading. 

If you haven't seen it yet, The King on Netflix is a pretty good historical film. Not everything is accurate to actual history, but I'm so used to being disappointed by historical films, this was a nice surprise.

New Big Fallout modding project; running on the New Vegas engine. Takes place six years after Fallout 1, it's attempt is to callback to Fallout 1's RPG systems and mood; and features TWO protagonists with unique origins and how the world treats you. One of them is a GHOUL. Looks quites interesting 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do y’all know anything about Steam Decks and if owning one would be worthwhile for someone who doesn’t have a gaming PC or plans to get one?

Steam Decks are handheld Valve consoles that lets you play a majority of steam games; there basically super powered steam Switches XD And like a Switch, you can dock them into your TV and play them like a console if you prefer!

They come in a very wide variety of specs (though if you get one I'd recomend the ones made personally by Valve), and they support modding (Though it requires a little more tweaking).

So pretty much you get access to PC games, without the hassle of needing a PC XD 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do y’all know anything about Steam Decks and if owning one would be worthwhile for someone who doesn’t have a gaming PC or plans to get one?

I don’t have one, but if you get one you’re gonna have to shell out money for the biggest storage one available which is 512GB here the spec’s and stuff

IMG_9332.thumb.png.60285fc93a70f4b28e0cc53cb662978e.pngIMG_9333.thumb.png.a9b734460426c3fac2e40ac0a6740189.pngIMG_9334.thumb.png.12955cd1a15abf179f51db34aa1194f2.pngIMG_9335.thumb.png.7553cb2f073a529da6c5b39f66ffb6be.pngIMG_9336.thumb.png.0a27815aae7e6fa45c76b36fc7deb056.pngIMG_9337.thumb.png.acf93d40139c88936bd793f4207d9a70.png
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

It seems like a cool concept, but for the price I’d just keep saving and get an actual pc that’s gonna last longer and be able to do more. Like $649.99 or $519.20 just isn’t worth it in my opinion. Might as well save up $1200 and get a decent gaming laptop or midrange desktop computer. Also I’m say the most storage because 512GB really isn’t a lot, and if you get one of the smaller ones, you’ll be able to have like 1 or 2 games installed at a time so it’s really not worth it.

• Thanks 1

The gaming laptop that I bought for Europe is only $949 right now and I have absolutely zero complaints about it. It runs RDR2, Cyberpunk, Fallout 4+ 400 mods smoothly and it’s portable. The only thing I gotta do is keep it plugged into the power supply because the battery life isn’t great

• Thanks 1